PDA

View Full Version : Two-seater at L.B.

indyfan31
04-07-04, 06:15 PM
There's pics available at ChampWeb: 2-seater (http://www.champweb.net/v2_gallery/index.php?c=gal2004_to). I see they found a use for an old Reynard.
Which brings up 2 questions. Where do the passenger's legs go? And why cover the rear wing? Is it just a habit or are they hiding something from someone?

HolyCrap
04-07-04, 06:29 PM
Holy Crap!

Would you take a ride in this thing if they offered it? 'Cause I've been told it's coming to the Milwaukee Mile, and a ride in back is waiting for me should I want it.

Yikes!

The guy in me says, "Sure. Do it." That's easy to say, a more serious question to ponder once you step inside and harness up.

I've driven around the Mile in a pace car, hitting almost 120 on the front straight...then heavy on the brakes way early into Turn One. These guys are gona throw this thing into a turn big-time to give you the feel of G's with your butt just inches above asphalt.

Man....

ChampcarShark
04-07-04, 06:31 PM
If I were to fit into that seat I would not think about twice.

It sure looks like it is not dsigned for the big guys.

JoeBob
04-07-04, 06:33 PM
The blanket is probably protecting the decals from being damanged by tools, and/or heat from the engine.

indyfan31
04-07-04, 07:07 PM
The blanket is probably protecting the decals from being damanged by tools, and/or heat from the engine.
Ahhhh, I see.

indyfan31
04-07-04, 07:08 PM
Holy Crap!
Would you take a ride in this thing if they offered it?
In a New York Minute. :)

manic mechanic
04-07-04, 07:38 PM

They wouldn't need to ask me twice! :D

manic

dreamracer
04-07-04, 08:08 PM
Holy Crap!

Ummm, lemme th..yeah!

Id sign up yesterday. I hope they bring it to Portland.

RaceGrrl
04-07-04, 08:10 PM

Hell yeah. I'd probably have to wear Depends for the ride though.

Sean O'Gorman
04-07-04, 08:17 PM
Holy Crap!

Would you take a ride in this thing if they offered it? 'Cause I've been told it's coming to the Milwaukee Mile, and a ride in back is waiting for me should I want it.

Yikes!

The guy in me says, "Sure. Do it." That's easy to say, a more serious question to ponder once you step inside and harness up.

I've driven around the Mile in a pace car, hitting almost 120 on the front straight...then heavy on the brakes way early into Turn One. These guys are gona throw this thing into a turn big-time to give you the feel of G's with your butt just inches above asphalt.

Man....

Do it you wussy! ;)

Ankf00
04-07-04, 08:18 PM
who do i need to sleep with for that ride?

Robstar
04-07-04, 08:19 PM
Holy Crap!

"Jerry... In my mind, I'm already there... (giddyup)"

:)

JT265
04-07-04, 08:49 PM
Hell yeah. I'd probably have to wear Depends for the ride though.

Mapguy says once you get used to 'em, they ain't THAT bad.

:rofl:

Ratattack
04-07-04, 09:05 PM
That car looks like the one that Mario had in Chicago. It was the 1st race for that track. The PA dude said that the lap he made with someone, from the media, was fast enough to qualify for that race. Mario is the Man!! Two people and still qualify . Spike TV has it all if they can pull it off. They have a special also next Sunday with LB race..

JT265
04-07-04, 09:25 PM
That car looks like the one that Mario had in Chicago. It was the 1st race for that track. The PA dude said that the lap he made with someone, from the media, was fast enough to qualify for that race. Mario is the Man!! Two people and still qualify . Spike TV has it all if they can pull it off. They have a special also next Sunday with LB race..

IIRC, Papis grabbed the pole for that race at a 23.1, and Mario ripped off a high 23 over a VERY low 24. I had a watch on him from inside turn 3, and at least once, he came in waaaaaaay deep and bobbled some, he was doing a great job with that car.

nissan gtp
04-07-04, 09:31 PM
I'd ride it

might need some help to get out tho :eek: :D

Winston Wolfe
04-07-04, 10:04 PM
There's pics available at ChampWeb: 2-seater (http://www.champweb.net/v2_gallery/index.php?c=gal2004_to). I see they found a use for an old Reynard.
Which brings up 2 questions. Where do the passenger's legs go? And why cover the rear wing? Is it just a habit or are they hiding something from someone?

Hey, IndyFan, you gotta do it....
I have done the two seater ride at Fontana, and went (allegedly) 160mph down the back stratight, and I was amazed at how well the thing went through the high banks in 2 and 3 with seemingly little to no effort. We were, again, ALLEDGEDLY, going 120 -130 in the turns, and the driver was braking pretty hard to go into the turn, then driving the thing out of the turn pretty well.... All in all, a GREAT experience.

To answer the question about your legs, you are sitting in somewhat of a "V" configuration, with your feet at a point inside the car about even with the drivers elbows. ( I am 6'3", and 210lbs). At Fontana, you were advised not to look up, because your brain bucket could catch some crosswinds and tug on your chin strap pretty good.... I was rather impressed with the speed differential as we were doing our warm up lap on the low line coming out of 2 and blending up, when another 2-seater came by at FULL TILT, and he blew us away....

I can only imagine what our CART heroes went through when they were lapping at Fontana (or MIS, or whatever) at close to 225mph under race conditions with guys trying to pass, outbrake, outmaneuver, etc... These guys have more than my respect...

YOU GOTTA DO IT.... Its a blast, and something you wont soon forget.

I have also been around the track a couple of different years at LB, and the most memorable was in the GS400 with a performance tuned motor that sounded like a NASCAR at hit about 130mph on the back stretch.... Pretty damn cool... and something I wont soon forget...

ladyracefan
04-07-04, 10:09 PM
In a heartbeat :thumbup:

nz_climber
04-07-04, 10:43 PM
if i go offered a ride in that thing - I would swim to the US!! :)

dreamracer
04-07-04, 11:02 PM
I've been in a pace car, around Portland and that was a blast. It was 1995 and Johnny Rutherford (yeah it was awhile ago) was driving a black Lamorghini Diablo. He was narrating the turns like he could do it in his sleep, and I was hanging on, stretching the belts as I was sloshed around.

One of the best experiences I've ever had.

This, however, would blow it into the weeds...

turn1
04-08-04, 10:17 PM
As much as I would love to work some angles here in Cleveland, me thinks my 6-4 frame will doesnt have a helluva chance to fit in this seat.

I will just need to enjoy the many memories of my official, and unofficial, laps around mid-ohio, detroit, houston and - of course - cleveland.

Beyond my own turns behind the wheel, nothing has ever topped my Wally Ride!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Chiphead_Dave
04-09-04, 03:17 PM
I'm in.

Will they take a kidney or first born as payment:)

I'll betcha that it doesn't have a boost limiter.

KLang
04-09-04, 03:34 PM
I'd pay a few hundred bucks for a ride in a heartbeat.

mapguy
04-09-04, 03:38 PM
Mapguy says once you get used to 'em, they ain't THAT bad.

:rofl:

Whoah, whoah whoah. I almost missed this one. One little comment about you wearing Liberace's line of Maple Leaf attire and I get these slanderous comments?

Oh yeah? Well, Harwood Secondary is too good for you. :p

And your mother wears Canadian Army boots. The ones with fluffy bunnies on them.

Steve99
04-09-04, 04:47 PM
Is this one designed the same way as the one from a few years ago? I don't remember the passenger sitting so high before.