PDA

View Full Version : Do Me A Favor

chop456
04-07-04, 07:08 AM
OWRS = 3 guys who are running a racing series.

ChampCar World Series = the aforementioned racing series featuring the cars and stars we love to love.

OWRS is not a racing series.

You do not watch OWRS races, you watch ChampCars competing in ChampCar World Series races in a series called ChampCar, for short.

[cue music]
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/footer/tmyk/images/home_logo.jpg
[/cue music]

Thank you for your time. :D

Sincerely,

Mr. Grouchy

Warlock!
04-07-04, 07:18 AM
I liked the ones about unprotected sex better.

:D

Warlock!

skidmarks
04-07-04, 08:08 AM
:handraised:

Can we abreviate to CCWS?

Spicoli
04-07-04, 08:10 AM
Bugger off - I didn;t vote for you Mr. Grouchy.

I voted for Ms. Bikini.

chop456
04-07-04, 08:15 AM
:handraised:

Can we abreviate to CCWS?

Certainly. :D

Bugger off - I didn;t vote for you Mr. Grouchy.

I voted for Ms. Bikini.

That's only because you've never seen me in a bikini.

flobee1kenobi
04-07-04, 08:16 AM
Doesn't OWRS stand for Open WheelRacing Series ?
yours truely,

Mr.Nitpicker :gomer:

Hell,I still call it CART

Ratattack
04-07-04, 08:18 AM
Certainly. :D

That's only because you've never seen me in a bikini.

Will you wear one next time we go karting??? :D

Champcar it is, Mr Chop

chop456
04-07-04, 08:32 AM
Correct - a sort of holding company formed for the purpose of buying what was CART. The racing series, however is not called OWRS.

Thank you for your excellent question, Mr. Kenobi. :D

RatAttack - Maybe. :D

skidmarks
04-07-04, 08:54 AM
Where can I put this ^?

and how would that look in a bikini?

JT265
04-07-04, 09:05 AM
Where can I put this ^?

Skid, position the ^ directly in front of the fun bags, and they'll look just fine.

pfc_m_drake
04-07-04, 09:48 AM
Where can I put this ^?

Be sure that you really want people to tell you where you can put ^. I never cared for that at all, and whoever came up with the C^RT thing should be sat down and given a good talking to.

Serious question: Did anybody really have a positive reaction to the ^? I don't mean neutral or not caring...I mean outright 'Yeah, that's really cool.' Be honest now...

I'm reminded of a quote from an old 'Beavis and Butthead' episode..."You think it's cool, but it still sucks...it's just that it's different."

JoeBob
04-07-04, 10:21 AM
First off, if anybody is wondering if Long Beach can't come soon enough, I point to all of the above as Exhibit A:

Second, The ^ is a graphical element in a logo. The company name was always CART. Why people have tried to replicate the logo in type on forum posts is beyond me. I mean, you don't call Walmart Wal*mart, just because their logo has a star! And I don't watch C|\|\| either, I watch CNN.

I think I'm ready for Long Beach too!

Dirty Sanchez
04-07-04, 10:29 AM
That's it... from now I'm calling Warlock! "Warlock". :gomer:

pfc_m_drake
04-07-04, 10:31 AM
You're going to think I'm crazy (if you don't already), but whenever I type it I do in fact type Wal*Mart. Though, I have to admit that I never did type C^RT until my previous post.

Coyne needs to get on the stick with his driver announcements so that we do in fact have enough cars for Long Beach.

racer2c
04-07-04, 10:46 AM
People refer to NASCAR as NASCAR, even though usually they mean Nextel Cup as opposed to the numerous sub-series. Although, like PT recently said, Champ Car ain't no NASCAR. :D
Is there still a CART? Is OWRS the sanctioning body?

Refering to Champ Car as OWRS is like fingernails on a chalk board though. This is boring. Just kidding, just kidding!!! :D

Andrew Longman
04-07-04, 11:26 AM
Where can I put this ^?

CH^MPC^R?

CH^MPCAR?

CHAMPC^R?

CH^MPCAR World Series?

JT265
04-07-04, 11:26 AM
I'll have a double-latte expresso please.

JT265
04-07-04, 11:27 AM
Oh, and hold the foam.

tantra
04-07-04, 11:50 AM
I have always enjoyed dropping by here in the morning to learn of all things worth knowing. Today I learned that the racing needs to start pretty darned soon or else you guys will need to take up another sport. :)

See you at the races. I'm certain we'll all be better by then.

racer2c
04-07-04, 11:51 AM
Lord of the Flies Redux.

lone_groover
04-07-04, 12:24 PM
Whateverrrrrrrrrrr.......

:gomer:

cart7
04-07-04, 12:27 PM
Isn't there a Car...... I mean a C^r..... er uh.... OWR..... oops .. sorry

Isn't there a ChampCar race next weekend?

:p Thank God. This off season has been a beetch!!!

I'm ready for a race! :thumbup: :cool:

Spicoli
04-07-04, 12:28 PM
One year at Mid-Ohio - I think it was back in 86 or something I got really hammered on Saturday night before the race and accidentaly slept in the wrong tent. :gomer:

Dood didn't seem to care, cause I had a bag of weed with me the size of a ham. We got baked and had a good race. Ah - those were the days...

We remained in touch for a while, but that was before the internet and 5-cents a minute long distance. You really had to invest in friendships back then.

I believe his name was Charlie or something like that.

Anyway - back to your regularly scheduled programming. :gomer:

rabbit
04-07-04, 12:36 PM
Whatever happened to BPTCCWSPBF??? :confused:

Dang, just when it was starting to catch on! :gomer:

cartcanuck
04-07-04, 12:48 PM
Isn't BPTCCWSPBF the noise a 7 month old baby makes when it spits up? :gomer:

A race coming up in just over a week, no way, say it isn't so????? This is all about racing????? Come on I just thought we all liked bickering about minor trivialities in the world....but NO, someone has to go and make it all about racing.

Well fine then, start the engines, drop the flag, and keep it between the walls. The offseason is finally over, and the real world starts in a week!! :thumbup:

JLMannin
04-07-04, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=cartcanuck]A race coming up in just over a week, no way, say it isn't so????? This is all about racing????? Come on I just thought we all liked bickering about minor trivialities in the world....but NO, someone has to go and make it all about racing. [\QUOTE]

Yes, it's time for the 7th annual "Hey, Forrest K. Bond, you were wrong about CART/Champcar dying after last season, so go pound sand" event.

pchall
04-07-04, 01:25 PM
Yes, it's time for the 7th annual "Hey, Forrest K. Bond, you were wrong about CART/Champcar dying after last season, so go pound sand" event.

:)

If Forrest felled a tree and it fell on top of him, would anybody care even it they heard it?

anait
04-07-04, 02:09 PM
Well fine then, start the engines, drop the flag, and keep it between the walls. The offseason is finally over, and the real world starts in a week!! :thumbup:

:thumbup: Preach it, my 'toban brother!!! :cool:

chop456
04-07-04, 02:10 PM
:)

If Forrest felled a tree and it fell on top of him, would anybody care even it they heard it?

I'd like to hear it. :D

ChampcarShark
04-07-04, 06:35 PM
OWRS = 3 guys who are running a racing series.

ChampCar World Series = the aforementioned racing series featuring the cars and stars we love to love.

You do not watch OWRS races, you watch ChampCars competing in ChampCar World Series races in a series called ChampCar, for short.

Thank you for your time. :D

Sincerely,

Mr. Grouchy

Too bad for CART License, he will have to change his plates now...

Corner5
04-08-04, 11:15 AM
Glad I got this all straightened out! Don't want to make a faux pas when I post. :confused:

Can I just say CC ????

Mike Kellner
04-08-04, 12:32 PM
"I mean, you don't call Walmart Wal*mart, just because their logo has a star! "

Actually, I do. Wal*Mart - I love it, the same stuff for less money. What a country.

If you have to use the ^, place it here, I^L, or here, N^SC^R.

mk