PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Fined, Ralf has his hand slapped....

devilmaster
04-07-04, 01:12 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=79084

TSN.ca Staff

4/5/2004

Ferrari were fined by FIA for a pitlane incident in Sunday's inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix while BMW-Williams driver Ralf Schumacher was reprimanded for his on-track actions.

Ferrari were hit with a $10,000 fine after releasing driver Rubens Barrichello from his pit box in front of Jarno Trulli during the first round of pit stops. The incident was reviewed by race stewards following the race as both Ferrari and Renault officials gave their version of the incident.

For his part, Barrichello said he did nothing wrong.

"I was coming down the pitlane and he cut across me and I had to brake. When I saw him I actually braked to avoid him because he was going past me. The team told me to keep on pushing because I might get a penalty because of that. It was a bit worrying but it was not my intention to block Jarno at that point."

Schumacher was deemed to be at fault for a collision with BAR-Honda driver Takuma Sato. The stewards ruled that the German driver had not left Sato enough room as the two touched heading into turn two. The collision sent Schumacher into a spin but both cars remained in the race.

"The collision with Sato was an unfortunate race incident, from my point of view, however, he was a bit optimistic in thinking to get back the position he had simply just lost," said Schumacher.

Under a new penalty system, Schumacher faces a one race ban if he receives two more reprimands this year.

Steve

chop456
04-07-04, 01:41 AM
Ralf has nothing to worry about. That was his bi-annual pass attempt. At least he was entertaining with Jordan.