PDA

View Full Version : When did Spike TV become official

Hard Driver
04-06-04, 04:41 PM
When did Spike TV become official? I heard they were going to be the broadcaster, but never saw an official announcement.

Spicoli
04-06-04, 04:53 PM
When did Spike TV become official? I heard they were going to be the broadcaster, but never saw an official announcement.

The deal is signed, the slots are reserved, its on the CART.COM webiste - maybe they are waiting for someth9ing??? WTF knows...

theunions
04-06-04, 05:39 PM
From today's press release on the 2-seater:

The car will be used for promotional purposes throughout the 2004 Champ Car season both at race tracks and at special-event sites. One of those sites will see the new two-seater turning laps in Times Square this weekend as Ryan Hunter-Reay (#4 Herdez Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone)will drive the two-seat Champ Car down Broadway to Spike TV headquarters.

rabbit
04-06-04, 05:45 PM
The car will be used for promotional purposes throughout the 2004 Champ Car season both at race tracks and at special-event sites. One of those sites will see the new two-seater turning laps in Times Square this weekend as Ryan Hunter-Reay (#4 Herdez Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone)will drive the two-seat Champ Car down Broadway to Spike TV headquarters.Sweet!
:cool::thumbup:

ChampcarShark
04-06-04, 05:49 PM
Around March 16, when they announced that HDNET was going to brodcast the races live on High Definition TV.

At the same time they announced that spike was going to broadcast all races on Sunday at 4:00 PM. (Tape delayed)

What I do not understand is that Spiketv.com has not posted anything on their website.

Spanish broadcast of the races on Sports World en espaƱol.

And I am sure TV Azteca from Mexico will sign at the last minute.

Spicoli
04-06-04, 05:54 PM
sounds like soemthing is brewing in NYC! Thanks for the find Mr. Ma!

devilmaster
04-06-04, 05:57 PM
TSN in Canada will be showing the regular and HDNet broadcasts of Long Beach.

Its all coming together. :thumbup:

Steve

KLang
04-06-04, 06:08 PM

One of those sites will see the new two-seater turning laps in Times Square this weekend as Ryan Hunter-Reay (#4 Herdez Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone)will drive the two-seat Champ Car down Broadway to Spike TV headquarters.

Hmmm, could be interesting if they get some national media attention out of this. :thumbup:

nrc
04-06-04, 11:58 PM
March 10th is the dateline on the story at CCWS.com:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7567

4wheeldrifter
04-07-04, 12:25 PM
Spike has done me a great personal service here. With CCWS (or whatever you wanna call it), MXC, and James Bond movies,,,, I can seriously pare down my satellite channel listing. Two channels will do it for me: Spike and Speed. What else does a guy need?

Oh, yeah. Beer.

racer2c
04-07-04, 12:32 PM
I agree, but I need one more thing. No, make that two more things. No, actually, make that three more things. ;)

KLang
04-07-04, 12:57 PM
The heck with the TV stuff. I want a ride in the 2-seater. :cry:

:)

edit: Just a couple laps of RA with PT at the wheel. They'll never wipe the grin off my face.

Hard Driver
04-07-04, 01:42 PM
March 10th is the dateline on the story at CCWS.com:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7567

Thanks NRC, I don't know why I couldn't find that? :gomer:

devilmaster
04-07-04, 02:33 PM
Two channels will do it for me: Spike and Speed. What else does a guy need?.

Spice? :D

Steve

ChampcarShark
04-07-04, 04:42 PM
Spike has done me a great personal service here. With CCWS (or whatever you wanna call it), MXC, and James Bond movies,,,, I can seriously pare down my satellite channel listing. Two channels will do it for me: Spike and Speed. What else does a guy need?

Oh, yeah. Beer.

Stripperella????

rabbit
04-07-04, 05:12 PM
Two-seater pics up on Champweb (http://www.champweb.net/v2_gallery/index.php?c=gal2004_to)

http://www.champweb.net/v2_images_database/gal2004_to/champ5.jpg

Spicoli
04-07-04, 05:32 PM
That's too ****ing cool.

Sex is overrated.

Hardpoint
04-07-04, 05:39 PM
I wonder what the height/weight limitations are on that for the passenger. I don't think I could fit one leg in that thing. I guess guys like me, Warlock and Rocket are screwed.

sundaydriver2
04-07-04, 06:00 PM
How the hell did the "rider" get into that seat! :eek:

I'd have stop drinking beer for a whole year in order to get in there. I'm not sure that's worth it. ;)

rabbit
04-07-04, 06:14 PM
Looks like Cristiano da Matta got a ride too... :)

http://www.champweb.net/v2_images_database/gal2004_to/champ2.jpg

ChampcarShark
04-07-04, 06:28 PM

That is hilarious.... I can't stop laughing.....
:rofl: :rofl:

nz_climber
04-07-04, 06:33 PM

LOL :rofl: :thumbup:

XFT
04-07-04, 06:55 PM
I'll be checking it on in Times Square on saturday :thumbup:

fourrunner
04-07-04, 07:55 PM
HDNet is regularly promoting the Series Broadcasts throughout the day using scenes from previous races and voiceovers by PT & Mario Andretti that I recognized. About 30 seconds long but informative with perfect picture & Vivid Colors and Surround sound !!

It's gonna be fun!!!! :thumbup: