PDA

View Full Version : Next Wednesday, I need some thoughts and prayers, too...

anait
04-05-04, 11:42 PM
My 2 yr old has to go under general anaesthesia to have 1 1/2 hrs of dental work done. I know people have surgery all the time - it's the whole 1 out of however many 1000 who have a bad reaction to the anaesthetic deal that's freaking me out. :( My son had similar dental surgery done when he was close to 4...I was worried then, too, but this time I'm really scared.

Trying to be mature and grown up about it, but it's not working. I went into the operating room with our son, because he wouldn't have gone alone...when he took a deep, crying breath of the gas, and went limp, I nearly did the same. It's just not something you're prepared to see.

I know I'm overreacting, my husband chalks it up to 'being a woman'...but I'd really appreciate all the positive everything you can send this way.

JT265
04-06-04, 12:10 AM
consider it done. :thumbup:

Robstar
04-06-04, 12:14 AM
Ditto :)

Jag_Warrior
04-06-04, 12:14 AM
Positive vibes heading north.

Years from now, when you tell him how worried you were, remember to chuckle when he gives you the traditional "ah ma!" :o

Rob
04-06-04, 12:31 AM
You're overreacting, woman!!! ;)

Seriously, your little one will be just fine. It's a procedure done many, many, many times. Worrying is a very natural and understandable reaction. It means you're a good mom. :)

nz_climber
04-06-04, 12:44 AM
Will be sending thoughts to you :)

But im sure everything will go fine

Anteater
04-06-04, 05:35 AM
"Positive everythings" for your little guy today. :)

Warlock!
04-06-04, 07:18 AM
What Rob said.

My first-born had to go under the knife for a very routine surgery as well, and my wife was pretty uptight to say the least. All her worrying began to rub off onto me after we were at the hospital. To get my mind off it I thought of beer. ;)

The young'un 'll do fine, tootse...

Warlock!

RTKar
04-06-04, 08:02 AM
Any medical situation seems scary...the fear of the unknown, the loss of control. You have to believe in the best outcome. I'll be thinking good thoughts and saying a little prayer.

cartgal
04-06-04, 09:19 AM
Being a gal, there's no way I'm going to just blow off your worry. ;) You're a mom and it's (apparently) our job to be hyper-alert to situations in case there's something that doesn't seem right that everyone else misses. Having said that, you can rely on the knowledge that all of us have you and your young'un in our thoughts and prayers. When you feel yourself tensing up, take a nice deep breath and remember that we're all pulling for you. I'm confident that you both will be fine and will very shortly be firmly ensconced in front of the TV watching our favorite cars whiz around at Long Beach!!

anait
04-06-04, 09:37 AM
To get my mind off it I thought of beer.

:D Yeah, when she had work done last August (in the chair), hubby originally intended to park my butt at a downtown bar for the duration. But I was a little leery of who my drinking buddies would be early on a Friday morning... ;) :p

Thanks a bunch for your encouragement, folks.

G.
04-06-04, 09:55 AM
:D Yeah, when she had work done last August (in the chair), hubby originally intended to park my butt at a downtown bar for the duration. But I was a little leery of who my drinking buddies would be early on a Friday morning... ;) :p

Thanks a bunch for your encouragement, folks.My newborn daughter underwent the knife for some pretty major surgery the day after she was born. That was St Patrick's day weekend in Chicago. I really wanted to join the extremely drunk people at 11:00 AM Saturday morn, but I had other obligations. ALL IS WELL NOW AS IT WILL BE WITH YOU AND YOURS.

Sorry to yell, but sometimes you just gotta...

SteveH
04-06-04, 10:33 AM
Anait, I'm sure everything will be fine. Its a parent's place to worry. We'll keep you in our thoughts. Let us know how everything works out.

ChampcarShark
04-06-04, 01:16 PM
We will pray for you and your little one Anait.

Best wishes.

devilmaster
04-06-04, 02:27 PM
:D Yeah, when she had work done last August (in the chair), hubby originally intended to park my butt at a downtown bar for the duration.

You got a winner there anait.
;)

Steve