PDA

View Full Version : I was hoping this wouldn't happen... N-H to Indy

Pages : 1 2 [3]

racer2c
04-13-04, 09:25 PM
Oi Vie! Anything but another 7G lament. We've put that baby to bed.
Let's get back to busting on Tony George and counting down Long Beach.

L_g, say something funny that's over my head. :)

RaceGrrl
04-13-04, 09:42 PM
What was the "Hipster" cut off date at 7thGear ?

If it was before the last day.... I really F'd up!! :eek: ;)

You did F up. The cut off date was the day that WickerBill started this site.
:cool:

racer2c
04-13-04, 09:48 PM

Amen! :thumbup: :)

EDwardo
04-13-04, 09:56 PM
I guess that means I am a non "hipster" also. Although I might point out that the very first day I became aware of Off Camber, I joined. The thought police at 7G were very effective at stifling any mention of this place.

It's all about state of mind and that makes me a vet!!!!!

Its too bad that overinflated egos seem to appear at most sites. The Boss runs this place and he doesn't take nonsense from anyone. And thats why I love Off Camber!

Cam
04-13-04, 10:03 PM
"Join Date: 12-22-2002" the day 7G went away for good! :thumbup:

rabbit
04-13-04, 10:23 PM
L_g, say something funny that's over my head. :)
:rofl: :rofl:

And BTW - here's one more "I got RW's back" vote. :thumbup:

JoeBob
04-13-04, 10:27 PM
Yep. Sure 7G sucked @ the end when the lemmings were given free run of the place and ,,,,,,,paper,,,,,took over. But before that, 7G was the forum to be on if you were a CART fan. There were plenty of lengthy threads debating the issues. And lengthy meant lots of interesting posts, not 3 pages of STFU's & WGAF's and "I've had beers" and other stupid pointless inane drivel that did nothing but waste bandwidth and make CART fans seem like a bunch of drunken morons.

:thumbup:

RW is good people. This isn't a place where everybody agrees, it is a place where everybody discusses.

JT265
04-13-04, 10:42 PM

Yep. And even tho' you guys whispered behind my back, I found it!!!! <j/k> :D Now I won't say who invited me over, cause I don't wanna cause a ruckus, and the *inviter* may be forced to wear pants after the fracus. ;)

Oh, and R-dub gets a :thumbup: from me too.

fourrunner
04-13-04, 10:59 PM

LOL .... I think (hope) my OC Join Date is the correct Vintage ! ;)

And you know my posting style,so 95% of my end game posts were just as sarcastic maybe more!

I'm making amends for not posting more though... but I don't want to post build so ... God, keeping up with the right thing to do is exhausting... but I'm up for it !!! :cool:

pinniped
04-13-04, 11:48 PM
Yep. Sure 7G sucked @ the end when the lemmings were given free run of the place and ,,,,,,,paper,,,,,took over. But before that, 7G was the forum to be on if you were a CART fan. There were plenty of lengthy threads debating the issues. And lengthy meant lots of interesting posts, not 3 pages of STFU's & WGAF's and "I've had beers" and other stupid pointless inane drivel that did nothing but waste bandwidth and make CART fans seem like a bunch of drunken morons.

Hey! STFU! Sorry, I've had beers! :D

skidmarks
04-14-04, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure about racewriter, other than he dislikes both Champcars and the EARL. I suppose he is honest about that, at least. :confused:

Spicoli
04-14-04, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure about racewriter, other than he dislikes both Champcars and the EARL. I suppose he is honest about that, at least. :confused:

He's a dickhead. :gomer:

pchall
04-14-04, 06:44 AM
All of "openwheel" is in the toilet.

Formula car racing "in a toilet" is still a much better motorsport experience for many of us than the canned spam of NASCAR in a media frenzy. The cars turn right and stop and go. Don't understand that? Some of us have the advantage of remembering real racing and real sport in all forms of motorsports as a baseline for comparison.

Racewriter
04-14-04, 09:50 AM
He's a dickhead. :gomer:

Oh, go take a dump on somebody's lawn or something...:rolleyes:

skidmarks
04-14-04, 10:02 AM
What's your address? :eek:

Ankf00
04-14-04, 11:23 AM
I'd buy RW a pint. He's a good guy and he's level headed (except when you mention NASCAR ;) ).

:thumbup:

Racewriter
04-14-04, 12:02 PM
Gettin' close to 10 pages...

What's the record here?

JT265
04-14-04, 12:45 PM
Gettin' close to 10 pages...

What's the record here?

You're soaking in it.

:D

datachicane
04-14-04, 02:16 PM
Ever notice that when geese migrate in a 'V' formation, that one leg of the 'V' is always longer than the other? Ever wonder why that is?

fourrunner
04-14-04, 02:24 PM
Ever notice that when geese migrate in a 'V' formation, that one leg of the 'V' is always longer than the other? Ever wonder why that is?

The formation has Polio ?? ;)

Spicoli
04-14-04, 03:19 PM

I'll bet you voted for Nixon too. :cry:

pfc_m_drake
04-14-04, 03:28 PM
I don't know either of them personally, but I've read enough of their posts to recognize that Brickman and Racewriter are:

1) Stand-up guys
2) Not deserving of all of the names they're being called.

Or, put it another way: You can call each of them every name in the book if you like, but that won't change the state of open-wheel racing in the US.

Debating the issues is often more difficult than name calling, but on some level I would hope that everybody would take more pleasure from the former rather than the latter. If you join an internet forum to engage in the latter, you really are blessed with much more free time than I have.

Brickman
04-14-04, 03:40 PM
I'll bet you voted for Nixon too.

I never voted for him, but I did pay my last respects to him. Couldn't tell you how many hours I stood in line. But the changing of the guard was at 6:00 AM and we were next to walk past right after it. I think we drove down at 8:00 or 10:00 the night before.

Ankf00
04-14-04, 04:19 PM

it's cuz of their small brain case :D

datachicane
04-14-04, 05:34 PM

it's cuz of their small brain case :D

Nah, man. Grape-Nut® sized brains and degenerative neurological conditions aren't to blame for this one, although both share an eerie parallel with the correct answer and some of the posts in this thread...

Corner5
04-14-04, 08:29 PM

"As each bird flaps it's wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in V formation, the whole flock has at least 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew on it's own.

When a goose flies out of formation, it suddenly feels that drag and resistance of trying to go it alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front.

It is harder to do something alone than together.

When the lead goose gets tired, it rotates back into the formation, and another goose flies point at the head.

The geese in formation honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

Finally, and this is important, when a goose gets sick or wounded and falls out of formation, two other geese will fall out with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it is able to fly or it dies, and only then do they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their flock." Author: Angeles Arrien

"symmetry of flight formation is not a priority among the birds and they just join up to whichever leg of the formation they happen to be approaching. If this leg has more individuals than the other it doesn't really matter to the bird as long as they are in the formation."
By: Kurt Wollenberg, Assistant Professor, Ophthalmology and Medicine

obviously,there are more geese on one side than on the other!
;) :)

cart7
04-14-04, 10:14 PM
"As each bird flaps it's wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in V formation, the whole flock has at least 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew on it's own.

When a goose flies out of formation, it suddenly feels that drag and resistance of trying to go it alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front.

It is harder to do something alone than together.

When the lead goose gets tired, it rotates back into the formation, and another goose flies point at the head.

The geese in formation honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

Finally, and this is important, when a goose gets sick or wounded and falls out of formation, two other geese will fall out with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it is able to fly or it dies, and only then do they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their flock." Author: Angeles Arrien

"symmetry of flight formation is not a priority among the birds and they just join up to whichever leg of the formation they happen to be approaching. If this leg has more individuals than the other it doesn't really matter to the bird as long as they are in the formation."
By: Kurt Wollenberg, Assistant Professor, Ophthalmology and Medicine

are you talkin bout geese here or the last earl race. :confused: :gomer:

datachicane
04-14-04, 10:30 PM
obviously,there are more geese on one side than on the other!

Ding! Ding! Ding!
We have a winner!

Madmaxfan2
04-15-04, 09:41 AM
Back to the topic, somewhat, TG is Number One Gomer. Did I mention that before?

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 10:00 AM
If you watch geese fly by in formation, you realize there is a lot of passing going on in the pack, far more than in a C^RT street race. Another example of C^RT mismanagement. If a bunch of stupid birds can manage to have lots of passing, how come elitist C^RT richboy team owners can't, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?!

mk - still prayin' fur uphill water.

Corner5
04-15-04, 10:58 AM
If you watch geese fly by in formation, you realize there is a lot of passing going on in the pack, far more than in a C^RT street race. Another example of C^RT mismanagement. If a bunch of stupid birds can manage to have lots of passing, how come elitist C^RT richboy team owners can't, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?!

mk - still prayin' fur uphill water.

But do geese have a "push to pass button"?????

I was thinking the V formation was more like the nascar ballet with the drafting and all.
:gomer: :p

Mike Kellner
04-15-04, 11:01 AM
I still have issues with using NASCAR and ballet in the same sentence. It just don't sound right.

mk

pchall
04-15-04, 11:22 AM
are you talkin bout geese here or the last earl race. :confused: :gomer:

Woaah!! They're fourteen wide heading for the finish line!

rabbit
04-15-04, 12:00 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to "crap"wagon don't it?

Madmaxfan2
04-15-04, 02:33 PM
Did I mention that TG is a gomer ?

pchall
04-15-04, 02:35 PM
Did I mention that TG is a gomer ?

gomer? übergomer!!!!

Brickman
04-20-04, 08:20 PM
But I was just starting to have fun with this. :)

Ok, how about this. I don't really need something else to wear while I'm mowing the lawn. Instead, would you be willing to donate $20 to Paul Newman's Hole In The Wall Camp and we'll call it even?

"Brickman
Thank you very much for your generous donation. Each donation is greatly appreciated and directly benefits the over 900 seriously ill children who attend The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and who, along with their families, participate in year round programs free of charge."

Even until we bet again. :)

Ankf00
04-20-04, 08:54 PM
The Hole in the Wall is a good bar, right down here on the drag :)

skidmarks
04-21-04, 08:53 AM
"Brickman
Thank you very much for your generous donation. Each donation is greatly appreciated and directly benefits the over 900 seriously ill children who attend The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and who, along with their families, participate in year round programs free of charge."

Even until we bet again. :)

You blew it! You should have made the donation in NRC's name. :shakehead

:goingbacktomindingmyownbidneses:

;)

Brickman
04-21-04, 10:33 AM
You blew it! You should have made the donation in NRC's name. :shakehead

:goingbacktomindingmyownbidneses:

;)

Indeed! What an excellent idea!

That's probably why I did exactly that, honoring "NRC at www.offcamber.net"

Thought it looked better in capital letters. ;)