PDA

View Full Version : I was hoping this wouldn't happen... N-H to Indy

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JLMannin
04-12-04, 12:35 PM
I said it once I'll say it again... Those who hate what has survived, are poisoning any chance it could have.

The past is the past, the IRL clearly hasn't learned from CART's mistakes. Fans from either side are as clueless as BigIrlFan. ;) Hands on throats, choking away the f-u-t-u-r-e. Fan base? You need live fans for that.

This is not a paper "peace in racing" grandstand thing, just 2 cents replying to your penny.

Are you actually contending that the decline of US formula car racing is not TG's fault (forming the IRL to "fix" open wheel racing), but it's the fault of of people like me seeing and calling out the "vision" as the farce it was and nothing more than a power play to seize control of US formula car racing?

What are you smoking?

Brickman
04-12-04, 12:43 PM
Are you actually contending that the decline of US formula car racing is not TG's fault (forming the IRL to "fix" open wheel racing), but it's the fault of of people like me seeing and calling out the "vision" as the farce it was and nothing more than a power play to seize control of US formula car racing?

No

Andrew Longman
04-12-04, 01:18 PM
If Brick is saying that the civil war among OW participants and fans is a turn off to sponsors then I agree. The negative factors associated with the sport can transfer as easily as the positive factors the sponsors seek.

How many CART/CCWS fans have positive feelings for Purex, Northern Lights, Pep Boys, Trim Spa, Red Bull, 7-11, etc. and now Marlboro, Miller, and Target? If you were those sponsors would you welcome the IRL stink getting on your Brand (in the eyes of Champcar fans)?

I'm sure the IRL faithful harbor similar feelings for Players, Kool, Texaco, Shell, etc.

Of course the good news is that their are fewer and fewer fans on both sides for worry about too much negative impact on a sponsors brand ;)

I've long thought that Champcar should craft a marketing platform that builds on the intense loyality of its fans. Real Racing, Real Sport was a start on that, but they should reach out to sponsors and help devise sponsor programs that would never appeal to the IRL crowd anyway and appeals to the demo/psychographic of the Champcar fan. This is important even to the casual/new fan who is looking for something that differentiates Champcar racing from NASCAR and IRL and even F1.

But if Brick is saying that TG is not to blame then I disagree :)

Corner5
04-12-04, 01:40 PM
Just to get back to the original post for a minute-

Probably Newman is doing the indy thing to satisfy Lilly? This article may explain the situation better.

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=12&nid=88922

Anyway, I wonder if Newman will attend.

A Newman /Andretti team would rock.

Mike Kellner
04-12-04, 02:03 PM
I just hope they don't come back. They are traitors, and ChampCar needs to have teams who know which side they are on. I'd prefer it if all the rats jumped ship now, so we could be done with them.

mk

Brickman
04-12-04, 02:21 PM
If Brick is saying that the civil war among OW participants and fans is a turn off to sponsors then I agree. The negative factors associated with the sport can transfer as easily as the positive factors the sponsors seek.

How many CART/CCWS fans have positive feelings for Purex, Northern Lights, Pep Boys, Trim Spa, Red Bull, 7-11, etc. and now Marlboro, Miller, and Target? If you were those sponsors would you welcome the IRL stink getting on your Brand (in the eyes of Champcar fans)?

I'm sure the IRL faithful harbor similar feelings for Players, Kool, Texaco, Shell, etc.

Of course the good news is that their are fewer and fewer fans on both sides for worry about too much negative impact on a sponsors brand ;)

I've long thought that Champcar should craft a marketing platform that builds on the intense loyality of its fans. Real Racing, Real Sport was a start on that, but they should reach out to sponsors and help devise sponsor programs that would never appeal to the IRL crowd anyway and appeals to the demo/psychographic of the Champcar fan. This is important even to the casual/new fan who is looking for something that differentiates Champcar racing from NASCAR and IRL and even F1.

But if Brick is saying that TG is not to blame then I disagree :)

I think the dissention among fans is a turn off to sponsors and new fans. Sure would be interesting to hear from someone like Simple Green, to what he thinks, I would certainly defer to his opinion.

I just hope they don't come back. They are traitors, and ChampCar needs to have teams who know which side they are on. I'd prefer it if all the rats jumped ship now, so we could be done with them.

mk
At least you are consistant. Haas and Pacific Care will be the last "rats" for awhile... but closing the door on drivers, team owners and sponsor is as narrow as it gets. IMHO

scanman
04-12-04, 03:36 PM
"I think the dissention among fans is a turn off to sponsors and new fans."

Where are the new fans and sponsors getting their info from.
ie. all this confussion...???:confused:

Hardpoint
04-12-04, 03:42 PM
but closing the door on drivers, team owners and sponsor is as narrow as it gets. IMHO

Narrow....maybe.....but this series has seen enough owner's, driver's and sponsor's that saw it as their best option for the time being. This waffeling between the two series does nothing but hurt the fans.

racer2c
04-12-04, 04:09 PM
Say some more stupid crap brickman. I've got five bucks that we can drag this out to 8 pages!

Madmaxfan2
04-12-04, 04:18 PM
At least CART fans know what they wanted, and NEVER waivered. Most here knew what the IRL is about, and it is the idiotgrandson claiming what he thought was his stolen birthright. Ten years into the gambit,and the idiot grandson has the teams, but the true fans know what is real, it's not the IRL.
Whatever chance top level formula car racing has, it is best without the idiot grandson. IT IS HIS INSISTANCE THAT THE INDY 500 BE SACRACFICED TO THE OUTCOME OF THIS WAR. He is the impediment. The "hate" was exploited by him first to form from the now jilted USAC fanbase a "basis" to form the IRL. It is that set of facts why true CART fans refuse to be civil to the other side. It is not the fan's fault. The next few years might be tough, but to give up and give into the IRL is just not acceptable to this fan.

JT265
04-12-04, 04:18 PM
Say some more stupid crap brickman. I've got five bucks that we can drag this out to 8 pages!

Bada.............................................. BING!!!!!!

Another one bites the dust..............

(potential fan that is.)

:rofl:

Brickman
04-12-04, 04:21 PM

No.

Doh! :o :mad: ;)

pchall
04-12-04, 07:52 PM
At least CART fans know what they wanted, and NEVER waivered.

Exactly. Remember the 3.5NA/rev-limiter thread wars at 7G? Champcar fans are nothing if not committed to the kind of racing and the kind of cars they want on the track at their races.

ps: we probably need to go about 45 more posts for racer2c to make his beer money for Sunday. I've done my bit. :)

lone_groover
04-12-04, 08:10 PM
Doing my part.

:gomer:

Hot Rod Otis
04-12-04, 08:14 PM
First off, it was Tony George who needed to save openwheel racing. Myself, and many other long time posters reconized the sham immediately. You on the other hand, sang the praises of Tony's vision to all who would listen.

And you have the nerve to blame the fans? And more specific, CART fans? See, We CART fans are a funny lot. We dont just throw out our shoulders and bow to IMS.

That fence you have been sitting on for eight years should have left a pretty big furrow in your arse. Your a giant bore with your mushy commitments and childish thread baiting. You remind me so much of, well, yourself from the Speednet days. Your pontification on correctness is to laugh at, as even a publicly educated Hoosier such as myself feels the ego leaking out of each and every keystroke.

Its the fans fault...your a dumbazz

In my thoughts always
Ziggy

PS - aw, forget it you idiot

:thumbup: :thumbup: Excellent post.

bdogg187
04-12-04, 08:29 PM
"I think the dissention among fans is a turn off to sponsors and new fans."

Where are the new fans and sponsors getting their info from.
ie. all this confussion...???:confused:

Apparently they get their info from 7th gear, Trackforum, and Speedtv's forums. They see all the bickering and hatred amoung CART and IRL, and they just dont want to get involved. Messege boards have spread the seeds of doom for OW racing in America. :rolleyes: :laugh: :rofl:

cart7
04-12-04, 08:40 PM
I miss the temple of doom. ;)

Are we to page 6 yet? :gomer:

RaceGrrl
04-12-04, 08:54 PM
I think the dissention among fans is a turn off to sponsors and new fans.

Yet you continue to sow it. Or spew it, as the case may be.

scanman
04-12-04, 09:30 PM
Apparently they get their info from 7th gear, Trackforum, and Speedtv's forums. They see all the bickering and hatred amoung CART and IRL, and they just dont want to get involved. Messege boards have spread the seeds of doom for OW racing in America.
I agree.. :thumbup:
I'm sure the sponsors are just hanging on our words...what's that, a total of
about 1,000 people.. :rolleyes:

racer2c
04-12-04, 09:39 PM
Exactly. Remember the 3.5NA/rev-limiter thread wars at 7G? Champcar fans are nothing if not committed to the kind of racing and the kind of cars they want on the track at their races.

ps: we probably need to go about 45 more posts for racer2c to make his beer money for Sunday. I've done my bit. :)

hey! How do you know I drink cheap beer!?!? Shh, don't tell anyone. :)

JT265
04-12-04, 10:13 PM
I miss the temple of doom. ;)

Are we to page 6 yet? :gomer:

I think so. ;)

JT265
04-12-04, 10:14 PM
Or close at least anyway.

:D

Spicoli
04-12-04, 10:21 PM
I'll do what i can to help:

Brickman - you are dumb.

Mike Kellner
04-12-04, 11:06 PM
Just to keep this going . . .

How ugly are CrapWagons?

I think they are uglier than Sarah Fisher.

Please feel free to join in. We can get this up to ten pages using a few tried and true topics.

:)

Methanolandbrats
04-12-04, 11:35 PM

How ugly are CrapWagons?

Please feel free to join in. We can get this up to ten pages using a few tried and true topics.

:) They are uglier than Roseanne on her hands and knees.

Sean O'Gorman
04-12-04, 11:37 PM
Yeah Brickman, shut up. Why would we want differing opinions on a discussion forum?? :confused: :)

Ankf00
04-12-04, 11:53 PM
just doing my part to get this to 10 pages...

stfu LemmingO, you say what we tell you to say!

JT265
04-13-04, 12:45 AM

How ugly are CrapWagons?

:)

And the sound! Let's not forget that they sound like a castrated bulldog in heat.

Unmuffled for your listening horror.

TravelGal
04-13-04, 01:45 AM
Looks like we need a few jaw drops to make it even to page 7. I'm game. Here's a few comments that should get some folks typing.

Geez, lighten up on Brickman. Gentiliozzi was flapping his gums about how the best thing would be one series and so was Jimmy Vasser (and God knows I'm a Jimmy Vasser fan). This from both of them less than 4 months ago.

The problem is that there is the abstract "best of all possible worlds" those two were talking about and then there is dealing with Tony Gaghead, where all sanity is optional.

Sure, it would be nice to have one series. Gil probably wouldn't have retired and we could see a couple of other drivers I appreciate. It ain't gonna happen with the megalomaniac in control over there.

It's just time to STFU and go racing. Don't hate them; ignore them. Indifference is the unkindest cut of all to Mr Momma'sboy. What would happen if he gave a race and no body came? Wellllll, let's find out!! :flame:

Brickman
04-13-04, 01:57 AM
Yeah Brickman, shut up. Why would we want differing opinions on a discussion forum?? :confused: :)

Double doh! ;)

Brickman
04-13-04, 02:11 AM
I'll do what i can to help:

Brickman - you are dumb.

What you lack in substance you make up for in wittiness. ;)

Well the exchange of ideas concerning fans and their affect on the ability of Champ Car and Indy Car to overcome the negativity that permeates the sport was interesting to say the least.

Mike Kellner
04-13-04, 02:17 AM
What negativity? I think it is positively great that ChampCar fans are still not bamboozeled by the Indycentric BS spewed by you and other agents of disinformation infesting our fora.

Now, to get back on topic.....

Who would look more out of place on a pinup calendar wearing a bikini? AJ or Sarah?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pchall
04-13-04, 07:51 AM
Damn Brickhead, you really don't get it do you.

Nice nick change for the guy. And much easier to type than "ThickasaBrickman"

ps: still building this thread to help win that bet for racer2c. Everybody needs beer money. :)

Spicoli
04-13-04, 08:43 AM
Looks like we need a few jaw drops to make it even to page 7. I'm game. Here's a few comments that should get some folks typing.

Geez, lighten up on Brickman. Gentiliozzi was flapping his gums about how the best thing would be one series and so was Jimmy Vasser (and God knows I'm a Jimmy Vasser fan). This from both of them less than 4 months ago.

The problem is that there is the abstract "best of all possible worlds" those two were talking about and then there is dealing with Tony Gaghead, where all sanity is optional.

Sure, it would be nice to have one series. Gil probably wouldn't have retired and we could see a couple of other drivers I appreciate. It ain't gonna happen with the megalomaniac in control over there.

It's just time to STFU and go racing. Don't hate them; ignore them. Indifference is the unkindest cut of all to Mr Momma'sboy. What would happen if he gave a race and no body came? Wellllll, let's find out!! :flame:

Tghe difference boils down to ONE item : Idiotgrandson. Gentilozzi evidently learned a lesson, albeit the first lesson in OW racing:

Never trust a crackfried, goat nad lickin, backstabbin stumblin mumblin idiotinheritor to tell you the truth or act respectful.

That, my friend, is what happened in the last 4 months.

when it comes to TG. the more you hear, the less you like....

The formation of EARL
AJ Lard
The 25/8
The rigging of the 02 500 results
TG on Windbag
TG in Court (I was there and was that awesome!)
TG turns his back on the Beechler's of the world
The statement of 33 is "just a number"

you need more? :saywhat:

Spicoli
04-13-04, 08:45 AM
What you lack in substance you make up for in wittiness. ;)

Well the exchange of ideas concerning fans and their affect on the ability of Champ Car and Indy Car to overcome the negativity that permeates the sport was interesting to say the least.

Watch who you're calling wittiness! :gomer:

Dood - just admit you were wrong, buy me a beer, and go sit in time out for a couple hours.

Then trust ChampCar as you personal savior for all that is racing.

KLang
04-13-04, 09:24 AM
Who would look more out of place on a pinup calendar wearing a bikini? AJ or Sarah?

:saywhat:
Those options are too horrible to even think about.

Madmaxfan2
04-13-04, 10:00 AM
Kellner has a thing for visualizing the horrific and awful possibities that seem to fuel the IRL publicity machine. I call it a visual assault, the bikini thing about AJ and Sarah. :eek:

skidmarks
04-13-04, 10:35 AM
I must just be stubborn. I cannot see forgetting what TG has done to not just American racing, but the 500 itself. How can I now be expected to say, what's done is done, for the good of the 500 and American racing I need to accept TG and the EARL.

Sorry, bullsh't.

I hate TG and I hate the EARL, with the EARL I hate any "fan", sponsor, owner, ANYONE who will support that crap. I will not compromise to save American open wheel racing.

Spicoli
04-13-04, 10:52 AM
I must just be stubborn. I cannot see forgetting what TG has done to not just American racing, but the 500 itself. How can I now be expected to say, what's done is done, for the good of the 500 and American racing I need to accept TG and the EARL.

Sorry, bullsh't.

I hate TG and I hate the EARL, with the EARL I hate any "fan", sponsor, owner, ANYONE who will support that crap. I will not compromise to save American open wheel racing.

:thumbup:

Never forget. I'm too old to forget anyways.

Eagle104
04-13-04, 11:12 AM
How can I now be expected to say, what's done is done, for the good of the 500 and American racing I need to accept TG and the EARL.

Sorry, bullsh't.

That's right.

The "...might as well just lay back and enjoy it" opinion is *not* an option.

racer2c
04-13-04, 11:14 AM
I do know one thing though, there's going to be a dozen, if not more, IRL drivers tuned into Long Beach this Sunday wishing they were there. I haven't been this pumped up for a race in a long time and feel that it is going to be incredible!

I can see me now screaming at the TV, "Push the *** **** button, you *******!! Push the button!!!" :)

Corner5
04-13-04, 11:27 AM
OK,I'll help out.......

TG split OW racing!!!!!!End of story! :mad:

Building a successful race series by killing off another is doomed to fail! :shakehead

Indy 500 RIP :(

Insomniac
04-13-04, 12:35 PM
So is this the thread where everyone is neffing?

datachicane
04-13-04, 01:00 PM
Whaddya call a cow without any legs?

JLMannin
04-13-04, 01:00 PM
Brickman has indyitis. Where do you think "brick" comes from, anyway?

If 33 is just a number, then why did 25 + 8 = 33???

So, following Brickman's theory of forums driving sponsorship decisions, I guess that Honda, Toyota, Target, and Marlboro were duly impressed with the discussions and carrying ons at Trackforum.

Six more to go to page 8.

JLMannin
04-13-04, 01:01 PM
Correction: Four more after this one to page 7, 29 more to page 8. Like USAC, I can't count. I hope AJ does not hit me now.

Spicoli
04-13-04, 01:18 PM
That's right.

The "...might as well just lay back and enjoy it" opinion is *not* an option.

Yeah - remember when idiot******** said:

"Some will come kicking and screaming"......What a crock. I'm not going anywhere and you can't make me.

Methanolandbrats
04-13-04, 01:27 PM

:D I don't know..........why did the horse kick Paris Hilton?......he could feel her teeth.

cart7
04-13-04, 01:39 PM
I can feel a looooong turd13 or 220 style blathering post that could take us nearly to pg 7 3/4 but I just don't have the time.

In the meantime, one more to 8. :thumbup:

skidmarks
04-13-04, 01:52 PM
one to eight?

or seven?

Pages, or posts?

datachicane
04-13-04, 01:53 PM
I can feel a looooong turd13 or 220 style blathering post that could take us nearly to pg 7 3/4 but I just don't have the time.

You mean 7.

JT265
04-13-04, 02:00 PM

SarahDNFisher four laps off the pace?

<I'm *SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* Sorry!!>

Andrew Longman
04-13-04, 02:15 PM
Two years ago I got two free tickets for the IRL race at Nazareth. I took my 8 year old son.

A few laps into the race TG takes a seat across the aisle from me.

I pointed him out to my son who instantly asked: "Should we throw our soda cans at him?"

Being a responsible parent (and having been arrested many years earlier for "correcting" a fan in Tiger Stadium who wanted to throw beer on me) I told my son that was not proper fan behavior. ;)

There have been many days since when I really question that choice two years ago. But, hey, I can't go back and fix it now

Corner5
04-13-04, 02:21 PM
TG thought all he had to do was wave the American flag and everyone would blindly come to play ball....but everyone knew it wasn't right when you mess with the game! He never counted on the fans devotion to CART. In the end,that will be his downfall.

Mike Kellner
04-13-04, 02:24 PM
Tony is so desperate to fluff up the crowd that he sits in the stands?

mk

JT265
04-13-04, 02:28 PM

mk

And he wore a *BIG* coat too, 'cause it was cold.

Real cold.

racer2c
04-13-04, 02:30 PM
Tin tops will replace the crapwagons by 2010.

Racewriter
04-13-04, 02:31 PM

Mike Kellner
04-13-04, 02:33 PM
"And he wore a *BIG* coat too"

Was that for flashing young boys?

mk

Racewriter
04-13-04, 02:34 PM

Well, you've got to start somewhere...

Edit: Apparently, size and color UBB code doesn't work here, darn it. I was hoping to do some little blue lettering...

:D:D:D

scanman
04-13-04, 02:36 PM
TG a fluffer...who woulda thought.. :eek:

rabbit
04-13-04, 02:36 PM
Two years ago I got two free tickets for the IRL race at Nazareth. I took my 8 year old son.

I pointed him out to my son who instantly asked: "Should we throw our soda cans at him?"

Being a responsible parent (and having been arrested many years earlier for "correcting" a fan in Tiger Stadium who wanted to throw beer on me) I told my son that was not proper fan behavior. ;)

There have been many days since when I really question that choice two years ago. But, hey, I can't go back and fix it now
Responsible fan behaviour would have been to drink the contents of the cans first. That way you don't waste any soda and you still get the message across without the worry of an errant can injuring an innocent bystander. :)

datachicane
04-13-04, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by datachicane

SarahDNFisher four laps off the pace?

<I'm *SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* Sorry!!>

Close!

Cow without any legs = ground beef.

Racewriter
04-13-04, 02:43 PM
Close!

Cow without any legs = ground beef.

Owwwww..... :saywhat:

JT265
04-13-04, 02:43 PM
"And he wore a *BIG* coat too"

Was that for flashing young boys?

mk

Likely.

A question. What else can you hide in a *BIG* coat?

Mike Kellner
04-13-04, 02:45 PM
"A question. What else can you hide in a *BIG* coat?"

Just because the coat is big, it doesn't follow that what you are hiding is big. ;)

datachicane
04-13-04, 02:48 PM
Responsible fan behaviour would have been to drink the contents of the cans first. That way you don't waste any soda and you still get the message across without the worry of an errant can injuring an innocent bystander. :)

Responsible fan behavior would have been to point him out in a very loud voice, such that more inebriated and less circumspect fans in the immediate vicinity would be inspired to take matters into their own hands while leaving yours unbloodied.

"What? What? Who knew they'd do that to him? Whatever you do, son, make sure you never do anything like that guy's doing to another human being."

rabbit
04-13-04, 02:49 PM
Responsible fan behavior would have been to point him out in a very loud voice, such that more inebriated and less circumspect fans in the immediate vicinity would be inspired to take matters into their own hands while leaving yours unbloodied.

"What? What? Who knew they'd do that to him? Whatever you do, son, make sure you never do anything like that guy's doing to another human being."

JT265
04-13-04, 02:51 PM

problem is, considering that there were only 10-12 people in the stands, identification would have been too easy.

datachicane
04-13-04, 03:02 PM
problem is, considering that there were only 10-12 people in the stands, identification would have been too easy.

Ever read Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express"?

JLMannin
04-13-04, 03:20 PM
Countdown to page 8

FIVE

rabbit
04-13-04, 03:22 PM
quatro

JLMannin
04-13-04, 03:32 PM
T-minus three

KLang
04-13-04, 03:58 PM
two

Brickman
04-13-04, 04:04 PM
Doh! :o :mad: ;)

Sean O'Gorman
04-13-04, 04:04 PM
one

Sean O'Gorman
04-13-04, 04:06 PM
d'oh!

Madmaxfan2
04-13-04, 04:08 PM
TG is a Numo Uno Gomer.

skidmarks
04-13-04, 04:09 PM
You just don't know what Indy means. :cry:

racer2c
04-13-04, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys. Money collected. The Busch Lite is ice cold! (cans at that!)

Ed_Severson
04-13-04, 04:42 PM
I thought you were supposed to spend the money on beer. :saywhat:

devilmaster
04-13-04, 04:53 PM

You should have been with us with Cam, Lizzerd and I at Indy last year one friday. (I and two friends were on our way to St Louis to catch a ball game. Its our annual victoria day trip) So anyways, Cam, Lizz and I heckled a few people on pit lane, including f***nut himself, TG. :)

Steve

cart7
04-13-04, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys. Money collected. The Busch Lite is ice cold! (cans at that!)
A union AB bottler once told me that Busch lite was little more than waste by-product from the Budweiser brewing room. Too expensive for AB to properly dispose of in an enviromentally safe manner, they bottled it and sold it as Busch lite. :p

pinniped
04-13-04, 05:21 PM
Imagine a beer that aspires to be Bud... :eek: ...ever drink a ****ty boy... :thumdown: :D

Spicoli
04-13-04, 05:52 PM
Brickhead sucks.

Racewriter doesn't write for anything

I hate TG.

Crapwagon sucks.

Racewriter
04-13-04, 05:59 PM
Brickhead sucks.

Racewriter doesn't write for anything

I hate TG.

Crapwagon sucks.

"Brickhead" was an actual poster at SpeedNet. Cool guy.

I write for half a dozen racing magazines, but I'm not gonna tell a jackoff like you who they are.

TG isn't worthy of my hate.

All of "openwheel" is in the toilet.

Your turn.

Lizzerd
04-13-04, 06:03 PM
Many years ago, I was "Brickhead" at a long-dead forum called Racelink. Just in case anybody here who knew me by that name, I am not the same "Brickhead".

Spicoli
04-13-04, 06:09 PM
I write for half a dozen racing magazines, but I'm not gonna tell a jackoff like you who they are.

TG isn't worthy of my hate.

Your turn.

OK, so I'm a jackoff. Big deal. We already knew that.
I still say you don;t write for anyone. Hell, you might be Indycool or Wilke for all I know. But I am a jackoff, so who cares what I think.

Yes he is. He is evil and all wordly hate should be directed at him.

Would that be a left turn or a right turn? :dork:

And Crapwagon still sucks, mostly cause you and the 7th Graders took over.

Spicoli
04-13-04, 06:15 PM
Sorry. :gomer:

Wahhaaaaa

datachicane
04-13-04, 06:17 PM
Hey, lay off RW.

Not only is he no lemming, he covered some of our backs back during the SpeedNet wars... lumping RW in with the likes of Wilke might give Wilke the idea that he's suited for some use beyond that tempting gig as a burn unit donor.

pinniped
04-13-04, 06:38 PM
As a former "seventh grader" it gets sometimes irritating to see the site maligned so much...even though I was very critical of it and the way it was run near "the end". Basically anyone with a computer and a modem who was a CART fan during that time was a "seventh grader"...

How bout them Angels?

Just doing my part to see that we get to 10 pages.

mapguy
04-13-04, 06:43 PM
Hey, lay off RW.

Word.

cart7
04-13-04, 06:53 PM
Cool it with RW, he's the first one to set the lemmings straight over at CF. H*ll, he and I got banned off there for a day once when we took a shot at 220.

BTW, what the heck did he do to help ruin CW? I thought his contributions were well within even the most stringent of guidelines over there. Even though he doesn't care for Cart at all he certainly has been no friend to the lemmings.

As always, JMO. :gomer:

Brickman
04-13-04, 07:01 PM
OK, so I'm a jackoff. Big deal. We already knew that.
I still say you don;t write for anyone. Hell, you might be Indycool or Wilke for all I know. But I am a jackoff, so who cares what I think.

Yes he is. He is evil and all wordly hate should be directed at him.

Would that be a left turn or a right turn? :dork:

And Crapwagon still sucks, mostly cause you and the 7th Graders took over.

Racewriter has what? 179 posts. I have 37 over there. Not enough opinions expressed to cause a stir, and besides, the whole idea of forums is to express views in a grownup manner. It's when idiots fly off the handle attacking posters then discussing issues that forums get taken down a notch.

fourrunner
04-13-04, 07:04 PM
What was the "Hipster" cut off date at 7thGear ?

If it was before the last day.... I really F'd up!! :eek: ;)

Hot Rod Otis
04-13-04, 07:05 PM
Hey, lay off RW.

Not only is he no lemming, he covered some of our backs back during the SpeedNet wars... lumping RW in with the likes of Wilke might give Wilke the idea that he's suited for some use beyond that tempting gig as a burn unit donor.

Word. RW's no lemming.

Hot Rod Otis
04-13-04, 07:11 PM
As a former "seventh grader" it gets sometimes irritating to see the site maligned so much...even though I was very critical of it and the way it was run near "the end". Basically anyone with a computer and a modem who was a CART fan during that time was a "seventh grader"...

Yep. Sure 7G sucked @ the end when the lemmings were given free run of the place and ,,,,,,,paper,,,,,took over. But before that, 7G was the forum to be on if you were a CART fan. There were plenty of lengthy threads debating the issues. And lengthy meant lots of interesting posts, not 3 pages of STFU's & WGAF's and "I've had beers" and other stupid pointless inane drivel that did nothing but waste bandwidth and make CART fans seem like a bunch of drunken morons.

Racewriter
04-13-04, 07:15 PM
Glad to see that some people have long memories. Thanks for the support, guys.:cool:

Andrew Longman
04-13-04, 07:24 PM

mk

Yup, he was there with his (I guess?) wife and another couple.

He couldn't sit still though. He was constantly up and down the stands, and I don't think he was hitting the hot dog stand.

Nazareth actually has only a very small press box above the stands and a pretty nice press box behind the pits. No luxury boxes. If he sat with the press, they surely wouldn't leave him alone.

Better to risk the beer cans in the stands

Andrew Longman
04-13-04, 07:30 PM
Yep. Sure 7G sucked @ the end when the lemmings were given free run of the place and ,,,,,,,paper,,,,,took over. But before that, 7G was the forum to be on if you were a CART fan. There were plenty of lengthy threads debating the issues. And lengthy meant lots of interesting posts, not 3 pages of STFU's & WGAF's and "I've had beers" and other stupid pointless inane drivel that did nothing but waste bandwidth and make CART fans seem like a bunch of drunken morons.

Yup, RW is solid.

And I am proud to have wasted hundreds, if not thousands of hours at 7G over the years. It brought so much more enjoyment, passion and understanding to a sport I've loved ,but certainly didn't know well since I was a kid.

It was a great place that got trashed. Thanks to all of you who moved here to make this place what it is.