PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs

devilmaster
04-05-04, 08:05 PM
And the fight for Lord Stanley's Mug begins again...........

http://www.mapleleafs.com/images/fanclub/LeafsNation_banner.jpg

Steve

dando
04-05-04, 09:30 PM

Steve
Dropping gloves....

Here we go Phlyers!!!
Death to the Devils!

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/playoff2004/images/Banner_header.jpg
http://images.comcast-spectacor.com/flyers/advertising/9145.JPG

So sad the Broons beat the Devils on Sunday to drop the Leafs into the #4 seed. ;) We'll soon see if that 4-1-1 record against the Sens during the regular season was a misprint.

In any case, drop the puck already!!!!! :)

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
04-05-04, 09:40 PM
i know who ISN'T going to win.

my avs. look at the last 25 games (and the last week especially) for the answer why. look for the stars in 5.

and that pisses me off to no end. :flame:

mapguy
04-06-04, 05:50 AM

Steve

:thumbup:

The biggest question I have now is who the Leafs are going to face in the second round?

Warlock!
04-06-04, 07:21 AM
Hopefully my Wings will show up for the playoffs this year...

Warlock!

chop456
04-06-04, 11:14 AM
I heard that this guy is fairly representative of Leafs fans. Any truth to that?

http://home.wi.rr.com/chop456/LeafBlower.jpg

:D

:runs:

mapguy
04-06-04, 02:56 PM
I heard that this guy is fairly representative of Leafs fans. Any truth to that?

Hey, it's JT!

devilmaster
04-06-04, 03:07 PM
Damn......

I'm looking through the matchups in the west.......

Choppy's Lower Slobovia BlackHawks aren't anywhere to be found!

Steve

JT265
04-06-04, 04:22 PM
Hey, it's JT!

Like my new hairdo?

PS: do those tights make my a$$ look too big? :rofl:

Ankf00
04-06-04, 04:48 PM
I'd say something but the Devils' 3 stanley cup finals the past 4 years says everything I'm too lazy to. :cool:

Wait, I'm having a relapse, certain memories are coming back to me...
I seem to recall certain Eastern Conference Final games 7 in '95 and '00. Any idea what these visions of '95 and '00 might be Dando? ;)

JT265
04-06-04, 04:56 PM
Hopefully my Wings will show up for the playoffs this year...

Warlock!

I'm hopin' they do too, 'Lock. Nothing better than sitting back with a brew, watching the game and munching on some Wings.

skidmarks
04-06-04, 09:14 PM
Hey what ever happened to NYR90210, just wondering 'cause my ISLANDERS are in the playoffs and the rangers suck!!

Lizzerd
04-06-04, 09:38 PM
Hey what ever happened to NYR90210.

You don't want to know...

Ankf00
04-06-04, 09:54 PM
I hear he has computer access again! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You don't want to know...

Insomniac
04-07-04, 08:59 AM
http://www.hockeyphreak.com/walllogosm.jpg

Hardpoint
04-07-04, 05:14 PM
Go Isle's

Dr. Corkski
04-07-04, 06:14 PM
http://capitals.nhl.pl/logo30lat.gif
Ovechkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

rabbit
04-07-04, 06:16 PM
I hear he has computer access again!Don't they make a cream for that? :eek:

Go Wings!

mapguy
04-07-04, 06:23 PM
I'd say something but the Devils' 3 stanley cup finals the past 4 years says everything I'm too lazy to.

Without Scott Stevens the boring Devils will be lucky to make it out the first round.

mapguy
04-07-04, 06:25 PM
http://capitals.nhl.pl/logo30lat.gif

Uhh... The Caps didn't make it. I see you are as much of an expert with NHL teams as you are with C^RT and F1 drivers.

rabbit
04-07-04, 06:32 PM
Uhh... The Caps didn't make it. I see you are as much of an expert with NHL teams as you are with C^RT and F1 drivers.

:rofl:

Ankf00
04-07-04, 06:42 PM
Without Scott Stevens the boring Devils will be lucky to make it out the first round.

winning is beauty

and the leaves haven't been beautiful since the 60's! :p

(and ya you're probably right... oh well, 2 in 4 yrs is good 'nuff for me )
edit: no rafalski either, ah well.

Dr. Corkski
04-07-04, 07:00 PM

:DYou will know who Ovechkin is a few years from now when he is schooling your Leafs. ;)

mapguy
04-07-04, 07:06 PM
You will know who Ovechkin is a few years from now

Nice try.

Dr. Corkski
04-07-04, 07:13 PM
Nice try.I can understand your apathy towards the future when most sports entities that you have chosen to root for don't have any. :laugh:

Ankf00
04-07-04, 08:14 PM
nashville's shaming the wings right now, wonder if it finishes like this...

dando
04-07-04, 10:38 PM
I'd say something but the Devils' 3 stanley cup finals the past 4 years says everything I'm too lazy to. :cool:

Wait, I'm having a relapse, certain memories are coming back to me...
I seem to recall certain Eastern Conference Final games 7 in '95 and '00. Any idea what these visions of '95 and '00 might be Dando? ;)
Grrrrr.....bad karma, Ank. I almost hate dem Devils as much as I hate dem Wolverines, ya see.

And I just caught the Seinfeld epi of the face painter a week or so ago. :mad:

The Devils w/o Stevens is just another team, right? Marty B. in goal, so what?!? Should the Phlyers fail against NJD, I'll need to update my sig on the petition @ www.clarkemustgo.com. ;)

Should be a damn fine first round series.

-Kevin

dando
04-07-04, 10:42 PM
Better hope Ted L. can get him out of Russia w/o paying a king's ransom. The Russkies are done with the IIHF deal @ the end of the season, which may make the Zherdev deal with Columbus look like a walk in the park.

-Kevin

dando
04-07-04, 10:47 PM
Yeah, but to balance things out, the Phlyers lost Desjardin for the playoffs...playing catch with his kid. Go figger. Kinda balances things out, but Marty B. is the best G overall, possibly the best ever. Patrick who?

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-07-04, 11:00 PM
HE'S WAYNE BRADY! BIOTCH!!!

mapguy
04-08-04, 05:58 AM
I can understand your apathy towards the future when most sports entities that you have chosen to root for don't have any. :laugh:

Well, he may (if the Caps get him out of Russia) do well in the regular season but he'll likely go to sleep like most Russian players do in the playoffs.

Ankf00
04-08-04, 09:37 AM
Well, he may (if the Caps get him out of Russia) do well in the regular season but he'll likely go to sleep like most Russian players do in the playoffs.

wait... didn't YOU guys take almo from us in free agency? :D

mapguy
04-08-04, 03:35 PM
wait... didn't YOU guys take almo from us in free agency? :D
Yes, but I'm not pinning the hopes of the Leaf's franchise on him.

Dr. Corkski
04-08-04, 03:54 PM
Yes, but I'm pinning the hopes of the Leaf's franchise on him. :rofl:

mapguy
04-08-04, 04:58 PM

Check my edit. Forgot to proof read it.

Ankf00
04-08-04, 08:55 PM
freudian slip? :D

Classic Apex
04-09-04, 02:01 AM
HE'S WAYNE BRADY! BIOTCH!!!

By far the most under-rated show on television.

Ankf00
04-09-04, 10:05 AM

so very, very true!

Insomniac
04-09-04, 06:48 PM

This is a good thing some times. You don't have co-workers wearing everything out the next day. :)

Ankf00
04-10-04, 11:50 AM
This is a good thing some times. You don't have co-workers wearing everything out the next day. :)
good thing your coworkers aren't college kids with some beer in their hand, cuz it would be wearing out sometime soon!

Insomniac
04-10-04, 04:05 PM
good thing your coworkers aren't college kids with some beer in their hand, cuz it would be wearing out sometime soon!

Hehe, no doubt. It's fun when there are only a few of us younger guys and gals around. No one gets any of our jokes/references. :)

Ankf00
04-12-04, 11:00 PM
4-12-04 is a good day

Stars

Devils

mmmmm, bietch

good mother f'ing day, mother f'er :D

Riverside
04-13-04, 02:17 PM
Flames suck! Go Canucks! :D
BTW Leafs still suck!!! :gomer:

JT265
04-13-04, 02:26 PM
Flames suck! Go Canucks! :D
BTW Leafs still suck!!! :gomer:

OFFSIDE!!!!

I'll have to let Mapguy handle this *obvious* troll.

Repeat after me........Leafs RULE!!!!!

Riverside
04-13-04, 02:31 PM

I thought it was Domi's wife. :rofl:

JT265
04-13-04, 02:46 PM
I thought it was Domi's wife. :rofl:

And who says there aren't any *closet* Leaf fans in vancouver?

B3RACER1a
04-13-04, 04:20 PM
Blues! Blues! Blues! Blues! Blues! Blues! Blues! Blues! :thumbup: :D :cool:

dando
04-13-04, 08:46 PM
4-12-04 is a good day

Stars

Devils

mmmmm, bietch

good mother f'ing day, mother f'er :D
Anky, amazing how quiet you were last week....Enjoy it while it lasts, ****er. Soon enough you'll be watching Hicks dismantle the Starz, and the Phlyers hoisting the Cup. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-14-04, 01:01 AM
Anky, amazing how quiet you were last week....Enjoy it while it lasts, ****er. Soon enough you'll be watching Hicks dismantle the Starz, and the Phlyers hoisting the Cup. :D

-Kevin

heh, philly fans, pfffffff :p

dando
04-14-04, 09:33 PM
heh, philly fans, pfffffff :p
Mmmmmm, Philly up 3-1. Devils taste good. :)

Starz down 2-1 in game 4. Bad m'fn day, Ank? ;)

No worries. Green flag drops in 3 days+..... :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-14-04, 09:46 PM
Mmmmmm, Philly up 3-1. Devils taste good.

Starz down 2-1 in game 4. Bad m'fn day, Ank?

No worries. Green flag drops in 3 days+.....

-Kevin

you dirty, dirty, bastard! youz a dead man youz is! :mad:

:p

(remember the last time you were up 3-1? ;) hope the nightmares dont keep you up too late, and yes I know we're going to lose, it won't stop me from talking mess about every other team until then though!)

Riverside
04-14-04, 10:41 PM
AHEM!
How did the Leafs do tonite?
:leafssuck:

dando
04-14-04, 10:53 PM
you dirty, dirty, bastard! youz a dead man youz is! :mad:

:p

(remember the last time you were up 3-1? ;) hope the nightmares dont keep you up too late, and yes I know we're going to lose, it won't stop me from talking mess about every other team until then though!)

Ah, yes...I remembers it quite well. A certain Mr. Lindros was checked by a certain Mr. Stevens, and the rest was history. Thankfully Mr. Lindros is the problem of the Rangers currently. :)

Again I sez, no Stevens, no Devils. If the Phlyers beat Marty B. straight up, I like their chances the rest of the way.

Looks like I spoke too soon about dem Starz tonight, but I just don't believe they have the horses to win the west. Lovin' the Preds even with the Wingzso far, too.

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-14-04, 10:56 PM
Japan's bringing playstations for the Zulu Nation!

dando
04-14-04, 10:57 PM
AHEM!
Go Sens! Melrose practically annointed Batty Belfour as the second coming of ol' Roy before whammo....Sens up 4-1, series tied 2-2. IMHO, this one is going 7.

-Kevin

Riverside
04-14-04, 11:16 PM
Go Sens! Melrose practically annointed Batty Belfour as the second coming of ol' Roy before whammo....Sens up 4-1, series tied 2-2. IMHO, this one is going 7.

-Kevin
Melrose is an ******.:barrysucks:

Riverside
04-15-04, 11:33 PM
Lets go Canucks!
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/3/character39.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping40.gif

Jervis Tetch 1
04-16-04, 12:35 AM
Dang. Blues lose. :eek:

Well, there's always next year. :(

dando
04-16-04, 02:41 PM
Dang. Blues lose. :eek:

Well, there's always next year. :(
Jerv, I've been wondering where you've been in all of this. Alas, the loss of Jackman and Big Al was just too much for the Blues to overcome, but they had a hell of a run since the first of the year.

Let's hope there is a next season.

-Kevin

JT265
04-16-04, 09:49 PM
AHEM!

Just fine, and thank you for asking.

beLEAF!

dando
04-17-04, 05:44 PM
Dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah dah, goodbye....thx to the Devils for participating. See you next season, boyz. GO PHLYERS!!!!! :D

Congrats to the Deadwings, 2. Looks like they'll face Call Gary next. Also looks like dem Starz are toast. Bad day for the Ankman.

-Kevin

dando
04-19-04, 09:49 PM
One 7th game down. Congrats to the Habs (despite their fans' tasteless display last week...reminds of when the Hab's fans threw a banana on the ice w/Freddie B. in goal). :( Thornton's injury musta been harsh for his (lack of) performance in the series.

On to 7th game #2!

-Kevin

Jay
04-20-04, 02:03 AM
Wowsers - I can imagine it being a night of heart problems in Calgary, Vancouver and even Montreal and Boston. Incredible game 7s tonight though! Great night to be a Montreal or Calgary fan.... I can't imagine how Boston and Vancouver fans must feel though....

Amazing come back by Montreal - they really deserved it! In defence of the Montreal fans - I've been to games in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa and the Montreal fans are by far the most fun to watch a game with! It's unfortunate that some of their fans decided to use the game to make a political statement - it was the wrong place and in extremely bad taste. Props to the Boston fans for rising above that - they seem like great fans!

Though I've always been a Leaf fan, I'm going for the home team (Ottawa) this time - as 4 times would be embaressing... The Leafs don't deserve to win this time anyway - it's Ottawa's time to shine. GO SENS GO!!