PDA

View Full Version : Paul Tracy, Journalist

Jag_Warrior
04-04-04, 11:53 PM
Toronto Star (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1080861010698&call_pageid=968867497088&col=969048871196)

Well written article. My favorite part: Gerry wants to wait till he can sign a backer that has enough money to be the single major sponsor of the car. He wants a clean-looking car, not one that's plastered by a hundred names of tiny sponsors. After all, this isn't NASCAR. :thumbup:

Jay
04-05-04, 12:36 AM
Sorry to say it, but that does sound a bit like a rather poor excuse for the team not having (or not being able to hold onto) new sponsors. I have trouble believing Forsythe would turn away any decent offers of sponsorship...though perhaps he has a few waiting.

Though I agree with his NASCAR comment, I also think a healthy racing series should have cars with sponsors. Though they may be beautiful, having a bunch of blank cars doesn't do much to convince other potential sponsors that this is something worthwhile... that's why having a car in McDonald's colours (though it may not be pretty), will do a lot more for the series than say...a bare yellow car.

Insomniac
04-05-04, 03:22 PM
Alex Fernandez and Bobby Rahal leaving

:)

Insomniac
04-05-04, 03:25 PM
Some other notes about the article. If GF is able to secure a good number of little sponsors, maybe some of them can get on other cars. Get a couple little decals on each car. No real clutter and people are getting some money.

Push to pass: Will they have it for qualifying? Use all 60s on one lap? Six uses for 10s each? I'd like to just see a total of 60s and let that be the only limit.