PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doin' Milwaukee?

Warlock!
04-04-04, 04:47 PM
Gonna be there Fri-Sunday, hotel'ing it in Brookfield (haven't made the reservations yet, but gonna lean on Hotwire for a sub-$50 room in a couple days). Might have a keg in the infield, with cheap grandstand seats for the race.

Anyone else partaking of the (hopefully warmer) festivities this year?

Warlock!

RTKar
04-04-04, 04:58 PM
Been going since I was wearing diapers, prolly go this year too.

chop456
04-04-04, 05:24 PM
Maybe.

rocket
04-05-04, 04:25 AM
yup yup yup

Railbird
04-05-04, 06:35 AM
I think I've missed two in the last thirty years, doubt that I miss this one.

"hopefully warmer"

I didn't think you (ahem) big fellers worried about the cold. My skinny butt will once again be swaddled in many layers.

Chitowncartfreak
04-05-04, 11:29 AM
I'm there. See you in the infield.

TrueBrit
04-05-04, 02:16 PM
Yup...infield all day...

pinniped
04-05-04, 04:45 PM
Truebrit, in the infield, trapped on all sides by watery
American wannabe chemical beer, with no escape and no Boddingtons in sight...

G.
04-05-04, 06:00 PM
I'll bring ya a Boddy's if'n I can make the race, TB! :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
04-05-04, 08:36 PM
I'm there. Not sure what I'm doing for tix this time around. I had fun in the infield last year laughing at all you folks that spent extra coin to freeze your arse off. :D

TrueBrit
04-05-04, 11:48 PM
Truebrit, in the infield, trapped on all sides by watery
American wannabe chemical beer, with no escape and no Boddingtons in sight...

That's why I took it with me last year..and plan to do the same this year... ;)

Nothing spoils a race quicker than crap beer...p'raps that's why Brands hatch last year was soooooooooooooo good!!!

ncmlj
04-06-04, 07:53 PM
I'll be there with 7 others, might stay with brother in RV park behind track or just make the drive home. Like the rest of you that were there last year, I hope the hell it's warmer this time!! Ok I hope it's HOT!

Corner5
04-08-04, 11:44 AM
I'll be there in the infield with friends.

Classic Apex
04-08-04, 03:34 PM
Definitely.

Infield (Turn 3) Thursday - Saturday.

Just buying tickets when we get there.

Hotel'n it in Brookfield.

Gangrel
04-08-04, 09:44 PM
Inside turn 4 as always, hopefully Fri-Sat this year, though the work situation has a lot to do with determining that...

Tim
04-21-04, 01:32 PM
I'm there. It sucks because I owe Brian booze after the crappy display of Badger quarterbacking vs the Hawkeyes.

race chica
04-27-04, 12:40 AM
This is the first year in 15 years that i wont be going :( have fun everyone, wish i was going

Fitti Fan
05-02-04, 08:21 PM
This Californian is thinking of making the trip. Can you guys put something together that can rival the So. Cal. contingency? Let me know, cuz I'd love to partake!

:)

M

TRDfan
05-02-04, 08:38 PM
I'll be there (with hat and gloves packed) Thursday thru Sunday. Looking forward to seeing good friends and making new ones.

No tickets purchased yet - good to keep options open

Staying at Homestead Studio Suites in Brookfield, right behind the Speedway Inn. (Unless Hotwire/Priceline can score a better deal)

Turn three infield is the place to be. Bringing the grill, food etc.

Looks like there is a Pit Lane Bar-B-Que on Thursday to benefit March of Dimes. I've requested info and will pass along what I find out.

Didn't HolyCrap post somewhere that they are trying to do a SlotCART exhibition at the track this year ? That would be great.

Classic Apex
05-02-04, 09:43 PM
I'm there. It sucks because I owe Brian booze after the crappy display of Badger quarterbacking vs the Hawkeyes.

:D

TrueBrit
05-02-04, 11:02 PM
Just checked with my buddy...we will definitely be there..also bringing two rookies with..If you want to drink REAL beer find the happy looking loudmouth gits between 3 and 4 in the infield...We'll have the Union Jack flying!!

chop456
05-03-04, 07:10 AM
Can you guys put something together that can rival the So. Cal. contingency?

We pretty much just stand around watching ChampCars and drinking until we fall down and drool. Is that good enough? :D

RTKar
05-03-04, 08:25 AM
We pretty much just stand around watching ChampCars and drinking until we fall down and drool. Is that good enough? :D

I don't drool :D

Fitti Fan
05-03-04, 11:08 AM

Well, Manic does make a pretty mean Bloody Mary, but if that's the best you can do......

But on a different note, serious question here. Anyone going to Milwaukee happen to be a priest or reverend? If not, got any close friends that are that would want to go to the race???? :)

chop456
05-03-04, 11:39 AM
Uh oh, I see where this is going. :D

Warlock!
05-03-04, 01:53 PM
But on a different note, serious question here. Anyone going to Milwaukee happen to be a priest or reverend?
No, but I do drool...

On a related note, Rob, they're still makin' the Hefeweitzen as of last weekend. Ya think a half-barrel will do for the 4 of us? :D

Warlock!

Lizzerd
05-03-04, 02:30 PM
Off topic...

Q: What does it mean when Kieth Richards drools out of both sides of his mouth?

A: A level stage.

RHR_Fan
05-03-04, 09:00 PM
Well, Manic does make a pretty mean Bloody Mary, but if that's the best you can do......

But on a different note, serious question here. Anyone going to Milwaukee happen to be a priest or reverend? If not, got any close friends that are that would want to go to the race???? :)

The crazy Fitti fans can finally meet! And should I bring a date? I can always snag Ryan! lol ;)

~Nicole

TrueBrit
05-03-04, 11:40 PM
Now it's THREE rookies taggin' along....Better get some more Boddy's..!! :D

Megger
05-06-04, 09:35 PM
Flying in on Thursday night with 2 friends. Hitting the track early Friday morning if were not hurting to much from drinking.

rocket
05-07-04, 06:03 AM
No, but I do drool...

On a related note, Rob, they're still makin' the Hefeweitzen as of last weekend. Ya think a half-barrel will do for the 4 of us? :D

Warlock!

It should... I'll pry have a bottle of vodka or tequila along for the ride. I figured if yous guys want to pitch in for the beer, I'll bring the grill and some brats & burgers.

chop456
05-07-04, 06:22 AM
No, but I do drool...

Warlock!

Thanks for the bump, rocket.

Why yes, Warlock! If we can get some of that Hefeweizen, I'll be on that like a bum on a baloney sandwich.

I'm all about the Hefeweizen, you know. :D

Megger
05-08-04, 06:14 PM
We are up to 3 people going. Meeting 3 in Milwaukee. Doing the infield so we can drink and do some drunk cookin. Plus I just can't wait to see a race! We got robbed of St. Pete this year so we will be hardcore at the Mile.

CARTNUT
05-10-04, 06:29 PM
OK, so, we're going! We're there for ya Fitti & BMEP!!! :thumbup: Got air, hotel in Brookfield, and a rental car for Mrs. 'NUT and myself. How is the Sheraton in Brookfield?

What I really want to know is: How good is the view from start/finish line about halfway up? The reason I ask is that I went to a race last Memorial Day weekend at this certain 2 1/2 mile oval (only cause JEEMY was running) and because the fence on the front straight is, well, STRAIGHT, you could not see the cars going down the straight through the fence, except for the area in front of where you are sitting. (Now I know why Fontana has a curved front straight!) Do they have the same problem at the Mile? Is it better to sit in the turns? :confused:

Let me know,
'NUT :gomer:

RTKar
05-10-04, 07:12 PM
OK, so, we're going! We're there for ya Fitti & BMEP!!! :thumbup: Got air, hotel in Brookfield, and a rental car for Mrs. 'NUT and myself. How is the Sheraton in Brookfield?

What I really want to know is: How good is the view from start/finish line about halfway up? The reason I ask is that I went to a race last Memorial Day weekend at this certain 2 1/2 mile oval (only cause JEEMY was running) and because the fence on the front straight is, well, STRAIGHT, you could not see the cars going down the straight through the fence, except for the area in front of where you are sitting. (Now I know why Fontana has a curved front straight!) Do they have the same problem at the Mile? Is it better to sit in the turns? :confused:

Let me know,

No and I prefer being on a turn, (my seats are in turn 1, in part because I prefer being on a turn and also because the main straight seats are too expensive IMO). At the mile, you'll be able to see the back stretch. The Seats on the main straight at Indy, even in the upper deck, are way over rated. Also , the Sheraton is nice.

Fitti Fan
05-10-04, 11:49 PM

Man, what a sweetheart!!!! California is coming through!!!

M

Spicoli
05-11-04, 12:31 PM
I'm in - driving up early on Sat morning. Last trip for the famed yellow Lexus..... :cry:

I do have one last Mikey the Whiner cutout I could bring along and have fun with.

Ya'll remember lats yeatr, right?! :D

Tim
05-11-04, 03:34 PM
I CAN BRING MY OWN BEER!

Warlock!
05-11-04, 03:57 PM
I CAN BRING MY OWN BEER!
AND YOU DAMN-WELL BETTER!

Warlock!

Megger
05-11-04, 05:40 PM
I'm in - driving up early on Sat morning. Last trip for the famed yellow Lexus..... :cry:

I do have one last Mikey the Whiner cutout I could bring along and have fun with.

Its to bad you don't have an Adrian one also. I have pictures some were of the andretti cut out from last year.

Classic Apex
05-11-04, 09:30 PM
I CAN BRING MY OWN BEER!

And rum.

heh-heh-heh.

Fitti Fan
05-22-04, 07:56 PM
Still working out the details with the chaplain. BUT......in case of dire emergency, is there anyone who is camping who at the eleventh hour might allow us the use of their RV or tent in case of either rain or extreme heat/humidity? This would be just for the actual ceremony (which I'm hoping will be short).

I'm hoping we'll still get something figured out, but am starting to worry a tad.

Maria

Amanda B.'s Mom
05-29-04, 11:59 PM
Wisconsin has been like a rain forest the past month! Hopefully things will clear for this weekend.

Wish I could go, but finances prevent getting a hotel room!

Have fun everyone and hope to see you at Road America in August!

Spicoli
05-30-04, 09:06 AM
Still working out the details with the chaplain. BUT......in case of dire emergency, is there anyone who is camping who at the eleventh hour might allow us the use of their RV or tent in case of either rain or extreme heat/humidity? This would be just for the actual ceremony (which I'm hoping will be short).

I'm hoping we'll still get something figured out, but am starting to worry a tad.

Maria

Are you speaking of getting married there or something? I read back thru the thread but obviously didn't pick it out.

If you need someone to do a wedding, I happen to know someone who may help. ;)

Act fast. Its only a week away.

Fitti Fan
05-30-04, 09:58 AM
Hey Spicoli, yep a wedding is what's in store for Saturday. THIS SATURDAY!!! Reverend Floyd will be doing the ceremony, but thank you. We're set for 1:00 p.m. but I'm still not certain about the location.

We may just crash that 3rd turn infield party at some point!!! I really want to meet all the midwest champcar enthusiasts!!!! (Still miss you Californians though!)

Maria

Spicoli
05-30-04, 04:56 PM
Hey Spicoli, yep a wedding is what's in store for Saturday. THIS SATURDAY!!! Reverend Floyd will be doing the ceremony, but thank you. We're set for 1:00 p.m. but I'm still not certain about the location.

We may just crash that 3rd turn infield party at some point!!! I really want to meet all the midwest champcar enthusiasts!!!! (Still miss you Californians though!)

Maria

Well hey - congrats. Glad its taken care of.

G.
06-03-04, 10:37 AM
I was really hoping to make it this year, but, alas, I cannot. I am so pumped for Fitti Fan and BMEP! How effin cool is THAT?!? Was hoping to meet y'all.

Anyway, damn family stuff getting in the way. :cry:

Someone please take and post too many pictures. :thumbup:

See you at RA.

cheesewhiz
06-03-04, 12:40 PM

The Mikey cutout was one of the highlites of last year. I took one look at it a figured it MUST be a CW'ner.

My 'bro and I have made a career of harrassing that wanker at the mile.

BTW - The weather looks to be not so bad. No rain. Upper 60's (day) I would imagine upper 50's @ racetime.

I'm all tingley just thinkin' about it. Gotta make sure to be downwind to catch the smell of methanol. (YUM)

RTKar
06-04-04, 12:41 AM
AND YOU DAMN-WELL BETTER!

Warlock!

Damn kid...ran out of beer...started drinking mine....don't kinds learn anything in school? :cool:

Tim
06-04-04, 01:45 AM
I'm bringing 24 tomorrow. I'm kind of scared. :D

sbpack31
06-04-04, 02:48 AM
My son and his friend went to practice today. he and I will be there Friday and Saturday. Section 406, row 38 on Saturday . Im from seventhgear forum, never posted but read it religiously everyday. I live 25 mi west of the track in Hartland, so I wont have far to travel. I love this series. OWRS LETS KICK A-S.

RTKar
06-04-04, 09:02 AM
I'm bringing 24 tomorrow. I'm kind of scared. :D

Don't worry about it... :D It was my pleasure.