PDA

View Full Version : Parents who had no clue (and a funny night)

Racing Truth
04-04-04, 12:59 PM
Well, I was fortunate enough to see Jon Stewart in person at the State Theatre in Cleveland this Friday. Great show. 1 1/2 hrs. of :laugh: :rofl:

Anyhow, there was this couple along who, for some idiotic reason, brought their EIGHT and NINE year old kids along. Now, from the start, this was certainly off-color, even compared to The Daily Show. At some point, Jon saw the kids, and when he found out how old they were, he had this "Why me?" look. "What am I? F'in Yanni?" :laugh: He then proceeded to tell a joke involving unnatural things being done to a pinyata (sp) and pumpkin. He told the parents, "Raise your hand when the damage is permanent."

Just shows that the worst thing for kids can be their parents.

fourrunner
04-04-04, 04:48 PM
Were the kids laughing at the jokes, and in the right places ? ;)

Definitely silly to spend the money on two tickets for kids to a mature audience appearance.

I went to see Bill Maher last night, and had the same laughs, the guy just hits the right buttons....

He did a section on why people need so much medication as seniors, and refered to our eating habits as the main cause, and expounded on our gluttunous tendencies, and the breakdown of the chemicals we ingest in mass quantities that eventually take there toll.

A really obese gentleman was evidently offended, and was sitting up front, and everyone witnessed his long struggle to walk up the aisle and exit the theatre. He did not return.

Of course he took on other sacred topics, but his stuff was brilliant!

Comedy is tough

oddlycalm
04-04-04, 05:06 PM
Some folks are simply to stupid to know when to leave the kids or mutts at home. I doubt that people now have any less common sense than they did in the past, but 30yrs ago they would not have been allowed into the show, regardless of who was with them. The irony is that the people who are hardest on parents without any parenting skills are their own kids when they get older.

oc

Sean O'Gorman
04-04-04, 06:32 PM
I went to see Bill Maher last night

What, you don't get enough of pompous a-holes from reading Internet racing forums? :saywhat:

Ankf00
04-04-04, 06:34 PM
What, you don't get enough of pompous a-holes from reading Internet racing forums? :saywhat:

you like watching Tough Crowd, nuff said :p

fourrunner
04-04-04, 07:39 PM

I'm sure Bill Mahers Rectum is no more pompous than the next guys ! ;)

Of course anybody of any stripe who spouts his opinions is an a-hole to somebody ! :)

Not you or me of course!! :thumbup:

manic mechanic
04-04-04, 11:21 PM
If you guys liked Maher and Stewart, check out Carlos Mencia if & when he is in your area.

Carlos is as HARSH on hispanics as anyone else..You will find yourself laughing at your own ethnic group (as well as everyone elses). :laugh:

manic

Sean O'Gorman
04-04-04, 11:33 PM
Carlos is as HARSH on hispanics as anyone else..You will find yourself laughing at your own ethnic group (as well as everyone elses). :laugh:

I heard that guy on Opie & Anthony once a few years ago. Very funny guy.

Ankf00
04-05-04, 03:44 AM
but colin quinn is still the god for your lame ass :p

Ankf00
02-15-07, 12:59 PM
Carlos Mencia getting pwn3d for theiving jokes: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PRmMBFbroS8

Wheel-Nut
02-15-07, 01:33 PM
Do you bookmark all your old posts?

Sean O'Gorman
02-15-07, 01:45 PM
I changed my mind, Carlos Mencia sucks. One-trick pony.

Ankf00
02-15-07, 02:16 PM
Do you bookmark all your old posts?

1. search: "carlos mencia"
2. post

:)

TKGAngel
02-15-07, 02:52 PM
I didn't catch on that this thread was back from 2004, until I saw fourrunner's name. I thought for a second that someone was playing a cruel joke, and then the light bulb went on.

1. search: "carlos mencia" 2. post

The fact that you had an idea you posted about Carlos Mencia here three years ago scares me!

Ankf00
02-15-07, 03:10 PM
was just searching for a relevent mention of mencia, had no clue I had posted here, maybe should've posted a new thread

RHR_Fan
02-15-07, 04:47 PM
I didn't catch on that this thread was back from 2004, until I saw fourrunner's name. I thought for a second that someone was playing a cruel joke, and then the light bulb went on.

I thought the same thing. Then I looked at the post date and saw 2004.

~Nicole

rabbit
03-22-07, 12:18 AM
Mencia stealing from Cosby? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCixAktGPlg)

Ankf00
03-22-07, 10:52 AM
he's not funny.

Stu
03-22-07, 04:27 PM
I went to see Bill Maher last night, and had the same laughs, the guy just hits the right buttons....

He did a section on why people need so much medication as seniors, and refered to our eating habits as the main cause, and expounded on our gluttunous tendencies, and the breakdown of the chemicals we ingest in mass quantities that eventually take there toll.

Wow sounds hilarious. :\

dando
03-23-07, 01:24 PM
Sounds like people that take their dogs to fireworks shows. :shakehead :saywhat:

I once saw a twin bill of Rita Rudner followed by Dennis Miller. It was hilarious to watch the Rudner fans leave in droves about 4 f-bombs into Miller's routine (~60 seconds into the show). :laugh:

-Kevin

Racing Truth
03-23-07, 02:42 PM
Hmmm, 2 old threads that I started appear in one week?:saywhat: ;)

Stewart still rules.:thumbup: