PDA

View Full Version : Foyt Futility watch 4/2-4/4

JohnHKart
04-04-04, 06:34 AM
Since PChall has missed this, here it is...Larry actually qualifies the 14 on speed at 35th (189.520 28.493 -0.644)...It's almost a victory for the futile bunch at this point, especially at Tejas, the home of the famous sammich vs Luyendyk bi*tch slapping contest!

John

Railbird
04-04-04, 09:32 AM
Larry had it made this weekend, the Portly Texan was in Indy screaming at Quatro

Ziggy
04-04-04, 10:08 AM
Even if Foyt is not a leading light in NASCAR's solar system, the race still takes place in Texas......

Pressurize the nitrous bottle boys, wez gonna raze

Ziggy

devilmaster
04-04-04, 10:09 AM
Pressurize the nitrous bottle boys
Ziggy

Tools to pressurize the nitrous - AJ, sammich, rectal probe

Steve

DaveL
04-05-04, 01:37 AM
For those that missed it, the might Foyt team ran dfl all day among cars that had no on-track problems. Somehow Larry ended up ahead of Jimmy Spencer. If someone thinks that's some kind of accomplishment, I don't know what to tell ya.

pchall
04-05-04, 08:23 AM
30th place and only 7 laps down according to the morning paper.

Wheel-Nut
04-05-04, 02:52 PM
Foyt earned his Indy car license in 1999 after several test sessions with his father’s IRL team. Later that season, Foyt was involved in the most serious wreck of his career at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The incident turned out to be the catalyst for his move to stock car racing.

I pulled that off of the NASCAR site from Larry's bio. Did he really run a few earl races? I could not find any mention of him on the earl site.

pchall
04-05-04, 03:39 PM
I pulled that off of the NASCAR site from Larry's bio. Did he really run a few earl races? I could not find any mention of him on the earl site.

As I remember it, Larry did an endo in a FF2000 support race foe an IRL event at Atlanta. Never ran the crapwagons.

JoeBob
04-05-04, 03:40 PM
pchall nailed it:

http://www.foytracing.com/LarryFoyt/journals/lf_rj_atlanta.html

I was excited to be returning to the Atlanta Motor Speedway. It is one of the only tracks on the NASCAR circuit that I have raced on before. Unfortunately I didn’t race there in a stock car, but actually in a F2000. The race also doesn’t hold a fond memory, as I was involved in a huge multi-car crash that sent me flipping down the front straightaway.

FCYTravis
04-05-04, 03:53 PM
As I remember it, Larry did an endo in a FF2000 support race foe an IRL event at Atlanta.
Yup. The track was obviously wayyyyyyy too fast for the cars, so they put a cone chicane in the middle of the front straightaway. Didn't work, obviously. The race was a huge crashfest... FF2000s ain't made for ovals, thank God the SCCA stole the series away from USAC.

Lizzerd
04-05-04, 06:50 PM
FF2000 at Atlanta? And he crashed? Sheesh... that, my friends, is futility.

Edit: Oops, didn't notice the part about the chicane. Never mind.

pchall
04-06-04, 12:09 PM
FF2000 at Atlanta? And he crashed? Sheesh... that, my friends, is futility.

Edit: Oops, didn't notice the part about the chicane. Never mind.

Don't apologize. If Larry had just hit the wall at AMS in his F2000 car he would be rose food now.

As is, the cone chicane endo at least scared his grandpa enough to do something to keep him in the Foyt gene pool a bit longer.

JohnHKart
04-10-04, 06:56 PM
Foyt earned his Indy car license in 1999 after several test sessions with his father’s IRL team. Later that season, Foyt was involved in the most serious wreck of his career at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The incident turned out to be the catalyst for his move to stock car racing.

I don't remember him ever being in one of the races, I think he just tested the car.

John