PDA

View Full Version : When is this race on????

Ziggy
04-03-04, 07:08 PM
In Indianapolis?

Thanks in advance

Ziggy

gjc2
04-03-04, 07:15 PM
The Speed TV coverage starts at 7:00am eastern time, the race starts at 7:30. Indianapolis being one time zone earlier and with the "spring ahead" you should go to bed early tonight.

George

SteveH
04-03-04, 07:16 PM
hmmmm, time change weekend for me. Lose an hour of sleep and try and figure out what time to set the VCR. Probably will use the bracket method. Set it for an hour before I think's its scheduled and let it run for an hour longer than I think it lasts. Probably will still screw it up.

devilmaster
04-03-04, 07:49 PM
Once again, :gomer: time rears its ugly head.... :laugh:

Can't you revolt against them Zig?

Steve

speedsport
04-03-04, 08:54 PM
And don't fail to take into consideration the fact that most of Indiana DOES NOT subscribe to the Daylight Savings Time scheme. Therefore, Indiana remains on Eastern STANDARD Time, which equates to the same as Chicago time during the summer.

Speedsport

EDwardo
04-03-04, 09:21 PM
I really hate time theft. i'VE ALREADY USED THE HOUR THEY GAVE LAST FALL.
This sucks. What moron concieved of the idea anyway? Hey, lets change the time so it gets dark an hour later. That might be the solution to not having electricity. Whats next? Adjusting the temperature in winter so it doesnt seem so cold?

Railbird
04-03-04, 09:53 PM
I believe the broadcast starts at 6:00am GomerCentral Zig

Roll-off at 6:30.

good way to start the day off

Ed_Severson
04-03-04, 11:23 PM
Railbird is spot on.

Cars roll off at 6:30, and pre-race begins at 6:00.

When in doubt, consult tvguide.com or the ticker at f1-live.com.

Cam
04-03-04, 11:36 PM
I believe the broadcast starts at 6:00am GomerCentral Zig

Roll-off at 6:30.

good way to start the day off

Oh joy! Interest is lagging. :thumdown:

dando
04-03-04, 11:59 PM
This sucks. What moron concieved of the idea anyway? Hey, lets change the time so it gets dark an hour later. That might be the solution to not having electricity. Whats next? Adjusting the temperature in winter so it doesnt seem so cold?
Ben Franklin was that moron. :shakehead

Linky (http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/) for more info.

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-04-04, 04:04 PM

Yes, I want the sun to rise at 5AM in the summer...