PDA

View Full Version : IRL guys get their azzes handed to them again in IROC

Racewriter
04-03-04, 10:51 AM
Meanwhile, Danny Lasoski, a sprint car driver with the least superspeedway and stock car experience, wins last night.

Best IRL driver - Sharp in 6th.

1 1 DANNY LASOSKI 20 67 1 67 3 5 Running
2 6 KEVIN HARVICK 29 67 - - 2 - Running
3 9 JIMMIE JOHNSON 48 67 - - 1 - Running
4 12 RYAN NEWMAN 12 67 - - - - Running
5 3 TRAVIS KVAPIL 24 67 - - - - Running
6 4 SCOTT SHARP 8 67 - - - - Running
7 7 H. CASTRONEVES 03 67 - - - - Running
8 8 STEVE KINSER 11 67 - - - - Running
9 5 SCOTT DIXON 1 67 - - - - Running
10 2 J.J. YELEY 80 67 - - - - Running
11 11 KURT BUSCH 97 67 - - - - Running
12 10 MATT KENSETH 20 3 - - - - Running

And the whining begins on TF...

chop456
04-03-04, 10:57 AM
The Dude? Wow.

Can I ask what the f*** Scott Sharp is doing there? Even a joke like IROC should know better. Well, he was decent in Trans Am a billion years ago.... :rolleyes:

devilmaster
04-03-04, 11:06 AM
And the night should have been easier for them when Kurt Busch caused a lap 3 crash which basically took himself and Matt Kenseth out of the race and did a little damage to Ryan Newman.

When 3 of the 6 Nascar boys get into an accident, isn't it supposed to get easier? :confused:

Steve

Wabbit
04-03-04, 12:34 PM
The Dude? Wow.

Can I ask what the f*** Scott Sharp is doing there? Even a joke like IROC should know better. Well, he was decent in Trans Am a billion years ago.... :rolleyes:

I think it was becuase he was a better driver than Paul Tracy.

Warlock!
04-03-04, 02:33 PM
IROC is f***ing pointless for anyone not in NASCAR/Busch... nothing more than a way for the NASCAR 'necks to be able to say, "Hayll... we beat the shee-it outta yer nancy-boy, go-kart drivin', indee-car asses... Whut ya got ta say about THAT, boy?!?!

Don't watch.

Warlock!

racer2c
04-03-04, 03:14 PM
Utterly meaningless.

tx-racefan
04-03-04, 03:30 PM
IROC is f***ing pointless

Yep. About as pointless as a Van Halen reunion tour.

EDwardo
04-03-04, 03:52 PM
Irrelevant
Racing
Of
Cars

Champions is just a word

We believe every one is a winner (except maybe AJ4)

It isn't about the challenge and the competition, its about the obscene purse they offer to induce 12 drivers to uh, well whatever it is they are doing...

JT265
04-03-04, 04:16 PM
The Dude? Wow.

No shiet!!!!! I guess it pays to have clandestine photos of the chairman of the board or sumpin.

Wheel-Nut
04-05-04, 11:00 AM
Meanwhile, Danny Lasoski, a sprint car driver with the least superspeedway and stock car experience, wins last night.

Best IRL driver - Sharp in 6th.

1 1 DANNY LASOSKI 20 67 1 67 3 5 Running
2 6 KEVIN HARVICK 29 67 - - 2 - Running
3 9 JIMMIE JOHNSON 48 67 - - 1 - Running
4 12 RYAN NEWMAN 12 67 - - - - Running
5 3 TRAVIS KVAPIL 24 67 - - - - Running
6 4 SCOTT SHARP 8 67 - - - - Running
7 7 H. CASTRONEVES 03 67 - - - - Running
8 8 STEVE KINSER 11 67 - - - - Running
9 5 SCOTT DIXON 1 67 - - - - Running
10 2 J.J. YELEY 80 67 - - - - Running
11 11 KURT BUSCH 97 67 - - - - Running
12 10 MATT KENSETH 20 3 - - - - Running

And the whining begins on TF...

And how many on that list are champions of the major race series of this world?

DANNY LASOSKI - I am sure he has won the WoO championship.

KEVIN HARVICK - Busch champion??

JIMMIE JOHNSON - What championship has he won?

RYAN NEWMAN - See Jimmy Johnson.

TRAVIS KVAPIL - NCTS Champion 2003.

SCOTT SHARP - Again, see Jimmy Johnson.

H. CASTRONEVES IRL 500 champion. (ONCE :p )

STEVE KINSER - See Danny Lasoski

SCOTT DIXON - IRL Champion 2003

J.J. YELEY - Need some help here.

KURT BUSCH - See Jimmy Johnson.

MATT KENSETH - NASCAR Champion 2003.

Is that the best IROC can do? Five true champs and seven, uh, not champs?
And don't get me started on the "International" part!

pchall
04-05-04, 12:13 PM
Utterly meaningless.

Is IROC still shown on ABC? I haven't intentionally looked up the IROC tv schedule in ages. It seems like it dwindled into an all oval NASCAR benefit all the way back when Detroit actually still built rwd, solid axle, carburetted, hardtops for sale to the public.

Wheel-Nut
04-05-04, 12:59 PM
Speed TV broadcasts IROC.

FCYTravis
04-05-04, 04:03 PM
KEVIN HARVICK - Busch champion??Plus Winston West champion.

SCOTT SHARP1986 SCCA GT-2 champion, 1987-88 GT-1 champion, 1991 and 1993 SCCA Trans-Am champion. A good example of a road-racer gone wrong and a great example of the IRL's past, present and future - a vision of road-racers in formula cars on ovals.

J.J. YELEY You name something USAC sanctions, he's won it. Great driver and I'd be happy to see him in a Champ Car.

theunions
04-05-04, 04:12 PM
Busch was the '99 Southwest Tour champ, having taken over the Star Nursery ride from the late Chris Trickle.

indyfan31
04-05-04, 07:51 PM
The only open wheeler to really shine in those things consistently was Al Jr., and the one time Steve Kinser gave them a run for their money (with a little help from Jr.)

JT265
04-05-04, 08:13 PM
Busch was the '99 Southwest Tour champ, having taken over the Star Nursery ride from the late Chris Trickle.

why do I get the feeling that Nascar takes a cue from the WWF concerning championships?

"JoeBlow" is the defending Goody's300/Exlax/Depends/Hooters/Rachels Potato Chips Worldwide Intercontinental NorthSouth Tour Champion".

Racewriter
04-05-04, 09:09 PM
The only open wheeler to really shine in those things consistently was Al Jr., and the one time Steve Kinser gave them a run for their money (with a little help from Jr.)

You're kidding, right? Mario and AJ both won championships, and all the Unsers won races.

bdogg187
04-05-04, 09:21 PM
You're kidding, right? Mario and AJ both won championships, and all the Unsers won races.

Correct, Champ Car drivers were some of the best back in the day. It wasnt until 1980 when a fulltime NASCAR driver (Bobby Allison) won the IROC championship. But even Bobby Allison and Cale Yarbrough (and Mark Donohue) had driven in Champ car races before. Harry Gant in IROC 9 was the first driver with no OW experience to win and IROC Championship.

Apparently back in the day, CHamp Car drivers were the best in the Business, cant say that about the current field in the IRL. :laugh:

http://www.irocracing.com/current_season/history.html

Racewriter
04-05-04, 10:45 PM
Correct, Champ Car drivers were some of the best back in the day. It wasnt until 1980 when a fulltime NASCAR driver (Bobby Allison) won the IROC championship. But even Bobby Allison and Cale Yarbrough (and Mark Donohue) had driven in Champ car races before. Harry Gant in IROC 9 was the first driver with no OW experience to win and IROC Championship.

Apparently back in the day, CHamp Car drivers were the best in the Business, cant say that about the current field in the IRL. :laugh:

http://www.irocracing.com/current_season/history.html

Or CART.

The Indy car drivers were IROC contenders when Indy car drew a majority of their drivers from the short oval ranks.

To put it another way, 25 years ago, it's likely that Lasoski, Newman, Yeley, and Kinser would have been representing Champ Cars, not NASCAR and WoO.

indyfan31
04-06-04, 09:48 AM

I guess I should have been more specific, I meant to say since IROC turned into a NASCAR spinoff.

Madmaxfan2
04-06-04, 10:10 AM
IndyFan31 you are very correct in your conclusion.