PDA

View Full Version : MINI w/ 8spd transmission 2spd reverse

oddlycalm
04-02-04, 02:41 PM
Eight spd MINI article (http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=2804)

As soon as I saw the new 2spd reverse, I knew there would be someone on this forum that absolutely must have one. Imagine folks suprise when you run that autocross course backwards at 40mph! :rofl:

oc

RacinM3
04-02-04, 03:23 PM
Called Double Back Shifting (or Double B.S.)

Let me just say I love April 1. :thumbup:

SteveH
04-02-04, 04:05 PM
MINI gearbox engineer, Geary Duckshann

Say his name real fast.. :)

Lizzerd
04-02-04, 04:07 PM
The closing paragraph...

Pricing has yet to be announced, however, a MINI spokesman, said "this development is perfectly timed as there is no better day than April 1st to announce B.S."

RacinM3
04-02-04, 04:56 PM
Nice catch SteveH! :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
04-02-04, 07:10 PM
Believe it or not, I've heard that DaimlerChrysler is working on a seven speed automatic that also has two reverse gears. I can't imagine what you'd need the second gear for!

I remember driving my friend's Civic Si once (back when I was like 16 or 17) when we decided to see what it would be like to hit VTEC in reverse. :gomer:

oddlycalm
04-02-04, 07:40 PM
Believe it or not, I've heard that DaimlerChrysler is working on a seven speed automatic that also has two reverse gears. I can't imagine what you'd need the second gear for!

They probably heard a similar tongue in cheek story last year, took it as serious, and figured they need to remain competitive. Some poor headhunter in Michigan is probably trying to track down an engineer in the UK named Geary Duckshunn and offer him a job as I write this... :rofl:

"....yup Jack, once I caught 2nd reverse I knew I had Sarah Fisher beat. Nobody beats me from pole to the back of the pack now..."

oc