PDA

View Full Version : As I get ready to leave for work

Railbird
04-02-04, 07:15 AM
I'm peering through a dust storm watching "sheets of flame" billowing from the tail of Kimi's car.

McLaren is enjoying it's lowest ebb since the post Senna days. I don't think those sleds would be worth a damn with a good engine much less the Ilmor lump they are now emplying.

or yeah, Schumi is a second clear of the nearest competitor.

wonderful :shakehead

Warlock!
04-02-04, 07:52 AM
I'm peering through a dust storm watching "sheets of flame" billowing from the tail of Kimi's car.
Rats... forgot all about it in my haste this morn. Was it ugly-dusty on track, or was a small sand clipper blowin' thru?

Warlock!

JohnHKart
04-02-04, 08:15 AM
Hey War, I got sidetracked cleaning up all the junk at my old house and didn't check either...practice repeats at 3AM EST Sat (or 12AM PST Fri)...Montoya's future switch is looking dumber all the time.

John

ilferrari
04-02-04, 09:00 AM
The word 'bland' has been redefined:

http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/2004/sakhir/diapo_142.jpg

http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/2004/sakhir/diapo_140.jpg

4wheeldrifter
04-02-04, 11:41 AM
Not exactly Spa or the old A1, is it?

McClaren is pathetic, and yes, I hope for JPM's sake that they get this straightened out before next year. I can't imagine what Kimi must be going thru. His season is over three races in, a season he was supposed to challenge for the title. Oh well, yet another season of red car dominance.

pinniped
04-02-04, 02:34 PM
Yeah but lookit that runoff area!

RacinM3
04-02-04, 03:04 PM
Please put **SPOILERS** in the titles of threads like these! Thanks :)

cart7
04-02-04, 04:05 PM
If someone ever decides to build a circuit on the moon, at least it will be a little easier to visualize after looking at those shots.

JohnHKart
04-03-04, 11:14 AM
Please put **SPOILERS** in the titles of threads like these! Thanks :)

Let's see.....title of the thread is "As I leave for work".....it's the F1 forum, GP practice is on at 6am EST.....which is shortly before this was posted, what else could this thread be about?

John

chop456
04-03-04, 11:26 AM
Complaining about the scenery now? That might be a new low. :rolleyes:

The track is smooth, safe, long, wide, and features 3 definite overtaking zones. Have fun waiting around for the next Nurburgring. I'm looking forward to a hell of a race.

oddlycalm
04-03-04, 02:33 PM
Curious about so many tires having such catastrophic failures. Hope it's not anything environmental, or it may redefine the term 'race of attrition'.

The track could having been built on a giant parking lot for all the variation in terrain, and there is little in the way of visual cues for the drivers.

oc

chop456
04-03-04, 02:40 PM
Curious about so many tires having such catastrophic failures. Hope it's not anything environmental

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3868

RacinM3
04-04-04, 09:07 PM
JohnHKart....sorry if a simple request annoyed you so that you felt you had to write a smart ass reply. I didn't think it was an improper request, and I wasn't even aware of WHEN practice was on. I tivo the events, so I don't pore over the TV Guides to memorize when stuff is on. Get over it.

Insomniac
04-05-04, 03:32 PM
JohnHKart....sorry if a simple request annoyed you so that you felt you had to write a smart ass reply. I didn't think it was an improper request, and I wasn't even aware of WHEN practice was on. I tivo the events, so I don't pore over the TV Guides to memorize when stuff is on. Get over it.

I'd suggest not looking at any sites that might ruin the results for you if you don't want them ruined. I was out all weekend and didn't look at any sites related to racing until I watched Practice, Qualifying and the Race. You are bound to come across spoilers. What do you expect to see in the F1 forum?

Railbird
04-05-04, 05:23 PM
What do you expect to see in the F1 forum?

my thoughts exactly.

Hell M3, it's not like I was doin' a Schumi dance in the headline. Besides, this is the OC F1 forum, I figured everyone was enough of a hard ass fan to either be sitting in front of the tube or smart enough to stay away from here until they had time to review the precedings.

Lizzerd
04-05-04, 07:00 PM
How can a thread be a spoiler if the race has been run and broadcasted?

RacinM3
04-05-04, 07:04 PM
Wow, I asked nicely, even put a little smiley face in there. I didn't think it was an unreasonable request......I'll take your guys advice and just not come here beforehand. Sorry JohnHKart, didn't mean to go off on you. Later.

racer2c
04-05-04, 09:35 PM
Wow, I asked nicely, even put a little smiley face in there. I didn't think it was an unreasonable request......I'll take your guys advice and just not come here beforehand. Sorry JohnHKart, didn't mean to go off on you. Later.

Tough crowd in the F1 forum. Thin skinned too. No worry's mate, head high, you'll get your 'in crowd' membership card in due time.

Insomniac
04-07-04, 08:43 AM

I think everyone understands your request, and would try not to ruin it for you. I think the main point is you can't expect others to not ruin the results for you. You should take those steps to avoid having it ruined. Even if every person who read this thread made it clear results were inside, someone is bound not to indicate it's a spoiler. The request itself isn't unreasonable, but I personally think coming here after a race and having it ruined isn't a surprise and you can only blame yourself.