PDA

View Full Version : If Emmos In...?

Gurneyflap
01-31-03, 05:35 PM
...how can Mario stay out? That'd be better than watching Penske and Haas go at it. Now who is the best Italian driver available who can clean up Papis? Get'im Mario!

mnkywrch
01-31-03, 05:37 PM
How "in" is Emmo?

Is it like he's "in" with the Miami race - and "in" turns out to be 3%?

JoeBob
01-31-03, 05:51 PM
Well, he's in enough to get the driver he's been shopping (not Papis) a ride in somebody's 2nd car.

What are the details of that deal? Who knows. But, his guy has a ride, and presumably his name will be on the transporters.

Gurneyflap
01-31-03, 05:54 PM
Well, that's why I said "if"...I'd just like to see two old CART greats chatting in the pits next to their cars prior to a practice session at RA on a beautiful warm Saturday morning...that's all. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

RTKar
02-01-03, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
Well, that's why I said "if"...I'd just like to see two old CART greats chatting in the pits next to their cars prior to a practice session at RA on a beautiful warm Saturday morning...that's all. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

One of things I've enjoyed about the CART paddock in years past was the presence of guys like Jim Hall, Dan Gurney, Parnelli Jones, and Mario. They are great links to racing's history.

Hurling Frootmig
02-01-03, 02:15 PM
I would have liked to see those guys make more of a go of the Cobra replica series that was announced. It was great to see Mario and Emmo going around Mid-Ohio a few years ago.

nrc
02-01-03, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
How "in" is Emmo?

Is it like he's "in" with the Miami race - and "in" turns out to be 3%?

Why does it matter? Emmo has been very vocal about wanting to put an effort together since the end of last season.

The same for Mario, I never expected him to be anything but a figurehead.

pchall
02-01-03, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by nrc
Why does it matter? Emmo has been very vocal about wanting to put an effort together since the end of last season.

The same for Mario, I never expected him to be anything but a figurehead.

I like the idea of a couple of figure heads with WDCs hanging around.

It's better than having a figure butt like Foyt serving as poster child...

lone_groover
02-02-03, 02:01 PM
"figure butt"

:D :thumbup: :D

Hurling Frootmig
02-02-03, 04:25 PM
Emmo's a lot more in than say . . . any of us:D

He's been involved a little bit with driver management. In fact he had Helio for a while as well as Luis Garcia. I'm not sure if he's still playing in that part of the field. I hope that he could find a team to be a part of since he has meant so much to the sport and seems to be a really decent guy.