PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt Jr's fake caution

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-04, 02:36 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/10466/

I can't say I blame him for doing it (I do it all the time in PC sims and video games, I even did it in an indoor karting race once to get a race to finish under yellow), but why would you mention it on TV??? :rolleyes:

Brickman
04-01-04, 02:47 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/10466/

I can't say I blame him for doing it (I do it all the time in PC sims and video games, I even did it in an indoor karting race once to get a race to finish under yellow), but why would you mention it on TV??? :rolleyes:

Unsportsmanlike idiot.

Firestorm
04-01-04, 03:01 PM
"We will always react to protect the integrity of our sport."

:laugh: What integrity? What sport? Its all a "show" these days, puh-lease. The WWF has more integrity than NASCAR :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-04, 03:30 PM
Unsportsmanlike idiot.

Eh, I disagree. Not exactly the most honorable move, but if given the choice of causing a yellow or going three laps down, I'd have to say that the first decision at least deserves some consideration.

cart7
04-01-04, 03:35 PM
. "We have several rules in our rule book that have been in place for quite some time to prevent someone from altering the outcome of an event. This was a clear-cut case of that.

Exactly, a lot of time goes into those scripts. Adlibing is a no-no. :gomer:

Tedminator
04-01-04, 03:38 PM
Could have been worse, atleast Dale was man enough to do it to himself... unlike that idiot Kurt Bush when he spun Robby Gordon around to get a yellow :flame:

Rob
04-01-04, 04:47 PM
This is the part that gets me:

His admission of intentionally causing a caution - an act which has been penalized previously by NASCAR - did not seem to raise the ire of series director John Darby.

" 'I spun a car out' - that's a great excuse for spinning a car out, but proving that is another story," Darby said. "To brag about it is not enough for me to make a move on it."

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/8299898.htm

Joe in LA
04-01-04, 05:21 PM
That's great--the guy admits he broke the rules and the series director says "but he can't prove it?" If I'm the series director, I don't care if he did it or not--if he says he broke the rules to improve his finsih, I hammer him.

FWIW, if he didn't know it was against the rules, I go with Sean on the "good move".

Brickman
04-01-04, 11:33 PM
Eh, I disagree. Not exactly the most honorable move, but if given the choice of causing a yellow or going three laps down, I'd have to say that the first decision at least deserves some consideration.

The only thing worse would have been if he hit someone else. Plus he caused two others to crash because of his actions.

Well... if they didn't have the freeze the field, no racing to the yellow deal he couldn't have done it, he's the first but not the last... just the last to be honest about doing it.

turn1
04-01-04, 11:59 PM
I got to admit it made me chuckle. Better this than the crap McMurray pulled in the pit entrance.