PDA

View Full Version : So, which 'big US auto manufacturer' just hired Mario Andreeti as spokesman?

MAXAR RE
01-31-03, 04:40 PM
AR1 has a 'strong' rumor that Mario is being hired as a spokesman for a big US auto manufacturer, but they tease us by declining to reveal which one while hinting that it may have ramifications for CART.

Who here thinks it is Ford?

Who thinks it is Chevy or a GM brand?

Who thinks it is Diahatsu? :D

My guess is Ford, as such an arrangement would fit right in with the masterful working of Chris Pook's plans to remake the series and publicize it. I know Ford and Bridgestone are supposedly going to spend a bundle marketing their involvement with Champ Car this year, so I wonder if this is part of Ford's plan to do advertise? Very intersting, eh? :cool:

{edit} Title should read "So, which 'big US auto manufacturer' just hired Mario Andretti as spokesman?" but this BB software doesn't allow thread title editing. {/edit}

cart7
01-31-03, 04:56 PM
Well, he's been doing the Firestone ads the last few years. What with Ford and Bridgestone trying to mend fences, I'd say Ford is a real good bet.;)

TRDfan
01-31-03, 05:04 PM
For what it's worth......Mario actually did a Toyota training video when the MR2 Spyder came out. The Andretti's also have both Toyota and Mitsubishi dealerships.

Elmo T
01-31-03, 05:24 PM
How about Mario taking a lap each at race in a new GT40 with an on-board camera talking you thru the lap? ;)

RARules
01-31-03, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Elmo T
How about Mario taking a lap each at race in a new GT40 with an on-board camera talking you thru the lap? ;)
That would be really sweet!

Great cross-marketing potential.

IlliniRacer
01-31-03, 10:56 PM
Lets all email Jack Arute and tell him its Kia

JLMannin
01-31-03, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by IlliniRacer
Lets all email Jack Arute and tell him its Kia

No, let's tell him its Briggs & Stratten.

pchall
01-31-03, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
No, let's tell him its Briggs & Stratten.

Let's tell him NOTHING and let him pull his next column out of his butt on his own.

Hurling Frootmig
01-31-03, 11:49 PM
Jack only prints what Fred Nation tells him to print. :D

RTKar
02-01-03, 12:00 PM
It would have to be Ford considering he's on CART'S board and being a strong proponent of CART, too much corporate conflict otherwise...I hope it is Ford...both Jackie Stewart and Mario, it doesn't get much better than that.