PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen reunion announced

dando
03-29-04, 11:47 PM
FYI for any VH fans out there. VH will be touring w/Sammy this summer:

linky (http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/news.html)

-Kevin

JohnHKart
03-30-04, 04:19 AM
It's been the worst kept secret in rock for about five months now....and now everyone has seen the upcoming dates, and Sammy's confirmed it on Howard Stern last week. But the band still have yet to make an official statement about it, or hold any kind of news conference. The whole past five years of the VH saga's been handled very poorly, and they can't even announce the return properly!

John

SteveH
03-30-04, 10:11 AM
Meahwhile, David Lee Roth was last seen Sunday playing cards on the Sopranos.

Wheel-Nut
03-30-04, 11:04 AM

Was one of those guys DLR? I saw "Sir Lawerance"

JT265
03-30-04, 11:45 AM
Was one of those guys DLR? I saw "Sir Lawerance"

Yep. The broken down old blond dude bragging about writing off condoms.

dando
03-30-04, 10:15 PM
It's been the worst kept secret in rock for about five months now....and now everyone has seen the upcoming dates, and Sammy's confirmed it on Howard Stern last week. But the band still have yet to make an official statement about it, or hold any kind of news conference. The whole past five years of the VH saga's been handled very poorly, and they can't even announce the return properly!

John

Yeah, I caught wind of this back in November, but the 'official' word didn't leak until last week after Stern called Sammy to confirm. Personally, I think that was a staged announcement. Should be a cool show. Tho, I wish they would do outdoor shows so that I have some sense of hearing after the show.

-Kevin

dando
03-30-04, 10:16 PM
Dude has definitely been ridden hard and put away wet.

-Kevin

KaBoom21
03-31-04, 07:49 PM
This has trainwreck written all over it.

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-04, 07:59 PM
This has trainwreck written all over it.

Ain't it great? :D

oddlycalm
04-01-04, 12:39 PM
Dude has definitely been ridden hard and put away wet.

More like not ridden in years and left out in the weather.... Grandpa Dave remembering things back in the day. :D

oc

Ziggy
04-01-04, 04:40 PM
Why cant Eddie Van Halen join a real rock band?

Sammy Hagar, he was the singer in Ronnie Montrose's band at one time, correct?

Ziggy

JohnHKart
04-01-04, 06:19 PM
Why cant Eddie Van Halen join a real rock band?

Sammy Hagar, he was the singer in Ronnie Montrose's band at one time, correct?

Ziggy

Yep in the early to mid seventies....known for that monster hit Rock Candy.

John

Jag_Warrior
04-02-04, 01:29 AM

Nah, dude. No way! That was Joe Walsh... right? If Diamond Dave looks that "old", that means I'm old! :cry:

SteveH
04-02-04, 10:34 AM
Joe Walsh now looks like an insurance salesman. :D

cartman
04-02-04, 11:52 AM
I just can't accept that it is a true reunion with Sammy. The only real Van Halen reunion would be with DLR.

CARTNUT
04-03-04, 03:24 AM
I just can't accept that it is a true reunion with Sammy. The only real Van Halen reunion would be with DLR.

I think they should BOTH do it! There are VH songs that both of them made popular; Some of the early stuff only Dave could (maybe used to be able to) do, and some of the mid stuff only Sammy could do.

Van Halen was one of my favorite bands when I was growing up, but I have to admit that I lost interest after Sammy left. I don't know who the last singer was and honestly could not name any of their lastest songs.

Maybe this should be their farewell/reunion tour?!?!?!

Dave99
04-03-04, 05:49 AM
I think they should BOTH do it! There are VH songs that both of them made popular; Some of the early stuff only Dave could (maybe used to be able to) do, and some of the mid stuff only Sammy could do.

Van Halen was one of my favorite bands when I was growing up, but I have to admit that I lost interest after Sammy left. I don't know who the last singer was and honestly could not name any of their lastest songs.

Maybe this should be their farewell/reunion tour?!?!?!
Gary Cherone (sp?), from the band Extreme, was =VH='s third lead singer on VHIII in 1998. Eddie Van Halen then said, "If Gary's in, he's in for life. And if anything ever happens...that would be the end of Van Halen. I'll take up Tuba."

When people think of Eddie Van Halen they think of a guitar god.
When people think of David Lee Roth they think of Van Halen.

Now, Van Halen is to rock and roll as KFC is to chicken.

Q: Who's the blonde woman that ruined Van Halen?
A: Sammy Hagar

CARTNUT, wanna meet Eddie next month? :cool:

chop456
04-03-04, 06:06 AM
Van Halen without DLR is like Zeppelin without John Bonham or AC/DC without Bon Scott. It's not the same, no matter how hard they try.

Give me the real Van Halen and I'll buy a ticket.

CARTNUT
04-03-04, 10:49 PM
CARTNUT, wanna meet Eddie next month?

Yes, please. Thank you!

and Valerie? (or is that pushin' it? Are they divorced? I heard something to that effect, but that they still hang out together.)

'NUT :gomer:

Dave99
04-05-04, 09:30 PM
Yes, please. Thank you!
Me Too! Any ideas on how to do that? :confused:

Ha ha, just kidding. Check yo pm's. :)