PDA

View Full Version : "New CART"

HolyCrap
01-31-03, 10:38 AM
Someone used the term in a thread here, the "New CART"...

Holy Crap! I like that a lot.

It really is the new CART this season, and with that in mind I have selected one new team to watch and root for throughout the season.

American Spirit it is.
Jeemy and the kid...
Red, white and blue and all that.

It's gonna be fun!:thumbup:

mexican
01-31-03, 11:26 AM
muchos mexicans to root for!!!

me likes the new cart :D

molive
01-31-03, 12:12 PM
Go Brazil!

Defending champs of the infamous "nations cup" :p

rabbit
01-31-03, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by molive
Defending champs of the infamous "nations cup" :p

I for one hope they keep the Nations Cup going. I know some people thought it was silly, but I kind of enjoyed watching the standings on that. It was fun watching the Italian "team" clean everybody's clock in 1998.:laugh:

But seriously, they should do it and they should hype it up, maybe encourage a little good-natured "trash talking" among the drivers. It would highlight the diversity that makes this series great and unique.

pchall
01-31-03, 12:33 PM
I'm pleased that the New CART is getting closer to the formula used for CART Classic, rather than offering up the same corn syrup sweetened product of another brand. ;)

rabbit
01-31-03, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by pchall
I'm pleased that the New CART is getting closer to the formula used for CART Classic, rather than offering up the same corn syrup sweetened product of another brand. ;)

:laugh: Perhaps we should call it Classic C^RT instead of New C^RT.

It's the Real Thing!

JLMannin
01-31-03, 12:40 PM

Corn syrup is the sweetener of the '80's. You need to reach back to the sweetener of the '60's: cyclamates

pchall
01-31-03, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
Corn syrup is the sweetener of the '80's. You need to reach back to the sweetener of the '60's: cyclamates

Mmmmmmmmm.... cyclamates, that kills foriegn lab rats, right? It could be the more appropriate allusion!

As for corn syrup, I just thought that was appropriate for a series that depends on the ten thousand members of HARF to keep its stands from being empty at most races.

JLMannin
01-31-03, 01:18 PM
Mmmmmmmmm.... cyclamates, that kills foriegn lab rats, right? It could be the more appropriate allusion!

As for corn syrup, I just thought that was appropriate for a series that depends on the ten thousand members of HARF to keep its stands from being empty at most races.

Coca-Cola in Mexico is still made with sucrose :thumbup: . Being an international series is good.:D

RaceChic
01-31-03, 01:48 PM
Go Canucks, GO!!!!!!
Let the "World" unite in the
"Champ Car World Series" :thumbup: :p :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
01-31-03, 01:51 PM
"I'd like to teach the world to race, in perfect harmony.."

JLMannin
01-31-03, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
"I'd like to teach the world to race, in perfect harmony.." :D :D

pchall
01-31-03, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
"I'd like to teach the world to race, in perfect harmony.."

I'd rather have the "Bingo the Dog" song in my head all night than that...

urrrrff

skaven
01-31-03, 05:01 PM
Great... now I've got B I N G O ringing in my head. :gomer:

Regarding the "New CART", I can't wait for the season to kick off. It will be refreshing not to have the shadow of defection looming over every event. I still have some concerns about the Fernandez and Rahal operations as they straddle both series, but I'm more cautiously optimistic than I have been in a long time about the stability of the series. The defection of my (old) favorite driver (Dario) wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be. He is dead to me now. :)

And... I'm way more excited about the new teams, drivers and tracks. In fact, I might just have to cash in my United frequent flier miles (before they become as worthless as my stock portfolio) and check out the Euro races. London---> Brands Hatch---> Amsterdam (never been but hear you can have some fun there)---> Berlin (if I rent a car)---> Lausitzring---> Amsterdam and return flight home. (insert emoticon of smiley under the influence...)

Gurneyflap
01-31-03, 05:47 PM
So, am I to understand if the title isn't won by a Canadian, an American, a Mexican or a Brazilian, there's going to be a lot of unhappy people out there? TB, where are you? Show us the pride! My friend Ceasar Quintinilla says Bruno's the man! This is just gonna be plain fun! We have 18 names, now...anyone for posting odds? I jokingly had Tracy at 2-3, now I'm not so sure!