PDA

View Full Version : The Truth on ESPN 950

Pages : [1] 2 3

Insomniac
03-29-04, 06:18 PM
Heads up to you guys. It starts in 40 minutes. right now there are 25 slots open.

Insomniac
03-29-04, 06:33 PM
Patrick Carpentier and Scott Dixon are supposed to be on the show.

Audi_A4
03-29-04, 06:40 PM
how can we listen online?

RTKar
03-29-04, 06:47 PM
http://www.espn950.com/

Insomniac
03-29-04, 07:02 PM
how can we listen online?

Hehe, that would help, duh! Thanks RTKar. :)

12 slots left.

RTKar
03-29-04, 07:36 PM
You're welcome :)

CART T. Katz
03-29-04, 08:19 PM
if anyone is making a recording of this can i have a copy please?

ctkatz8086@aol.com to send me info on how to get it.

Audi_A4
03-30-04, 04:16 PM
i would like to hear a recording too... got too busy @ work to log on

ChampcarShark
03-30-04, 04:27 PM
OK now I'am interested too. link??? anyone???

I am even willing to read a transcript.

Wheel-Nut
03-30-04, 04:35 PM
The short time I listened Robin Miller was asking Scott Dixon if Scott would allow Robin to follow him around the F1 paddocks and "oogle" at all of the female groupies following Scott. Then the annoucers went into some fantasy about Jeff Gordon getting the Williams seat.

What a couple of bafoons.

Railbird
03-30-04, 05:13 PM
best racing show on the radio.

Interviewd Dixon and Carp with Patreek giving his side of the Forsythe story and Scott telling tales of testing a proper racing car.

I'm not sure if they archive it or not but Cam ussually captures it with some form of computer magic.

Cam
03-30-04, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure if they archive it or not but Cam ussually captures it with some form of computer magic.

My computer magic failed to get a connection to the server last night. :shakehead

RTKar
04-19-04, 07:02 PM
Bump...it's on tonight at 6:00 central.

RTKar
04-19-04, 07:51 PM
Nice letter Ziggy.

Classic Apex
04-19-04, 07:52 PM
If that was who I think it was...

Nice e-mail 'ziggy.'

:cool:

pchall
04-19-04, 07:53 PM
Server "full" as usual. :p

Cam
04-19-04, 10:30 PM
Server "full" as usual. :p

Got It! editing now! :D

RTKar
05-03-04, 07:31 PM
It's on kids

FCYTravis
05-03-04, 07:42 PM
The Marty Roth smack is almost too much to handle.

:rofl:

FCYTravis
05-03-04, 07:45 PM
"Marty Roth, continuing in the tradition of Canadian motorsports giants like the Villeneuves and Paul Tracy."

You could hear the snickering in the background.

God, I love this show.

RTKar
05-03-04, 07:56 PM
How about the list of new things for NASCAR...(#5) When you make a pit stop, you do a shot. :thumbup:

pchall
05-03-04, 08:16 PM
How about the list of new things for NASCAR...(#5.1) When you rub a guy's tail loose, you do two shots. :thumbup:

Clown
05-03-04, 09:47 PM
http://www.espn950.com/
Thanks dood!!! :D :thumbup:
WTF no-one told me about this 6 frikken months ago vexes me....

Megger
05-10-04, 04:37 PM
Who's listening tonight?

ferrarigod
05-10-04, 05:27 PM
Who's listening tonight?

I am

fourrunner
05-10-04, 06:03 PM
I'm already connected...

fourrunner
05-10-04, 07:20 PM
Oh Lucky Us ... Two Segments of Chip Ganassi :eek:

RTKar
05-10-04, 07:21 PM
Oh Lucky Us ... Two Segments of Chip Ganassi :eek:

This oughta be good...

Opposite Lock
05-10-04, 07:36 PM
CG: "I don't understand the attraction to Formula One."

sheesh.

RTKar
05-10-04, 07:48 PM
Hmmm...so Chip left CART because the costs were projected to be astronomical in the future ? Did I infer that right from what I heard?...Who's to blame for that ? :rolleyes: Seems to me Penske and Ganassi were spending it as fast as they were getting it....to win CART races and the 500.

CANADIAN HOTSPUR
05-10-04, 07:51 PM
this idiot (cg) has absolutley nothing to say.his statements make no sence

Opposite Lock
05-10-04, 07:52 PM
Hmmm...so Chip left CART because the costs were projected to be astronomical in the future ? Did I infer that right from what I heard?...Who's to blame for that ? :rolleyes: Seems to me Penske and Ganassi were spending it as fast as they were getting it....to win CART races and the 500.

I was thinking the same thing - press him on that issue! But RM's sidekick changed the subject just before RM got in the KO blow. Dang.

Railbird
05-10-04, 07:58 PM
I just emailed them asking if when Chip said "lets look forward" if he wasn't really saying was "lets forget the lies"?

Hey, at least Cheap was entertaining, too much of a gas bag to give the "no comment" type response.

Like trying to nail jello to a post.

Ankf00
05-10-04, 08:03 PM
CG: "I don't understand the attraction to Formula One."

sheesh.

only cuz his dad will never be able to make it affordable to him.

fourrunner
05-10-04, 08:19 PM
Robin pretty much summed up Chip Ganassi

He knows he's not in a very good series... but he can't say much about that because he's in too deep.. He doesn't spout the Kool Aid, but he drinks it enough to keep himself confused ! ;)

What he said about the small IRL teams was sad... "They should work harder to get Sponsorship like he did .... They are out there!!"

Well Chip ... WHY DON"T YOU HELP THEM IF IT'STHAT EASY

He is totally out of touch

And Ank ... You are absolutely right !! :thumbup:

fourrunner
05-10-04, 08:43 PM
I just emailed them asking if when Chip said "lets look forward" if he wasn't really saying was "lets forget the lies"?

Hey, at least Cheap was entertaining, too much of a gas bag to give the "no comment" type response.

perfect anology ...

Railbird - could you post their E-Mail address ... I'd like to send a question next week ! :)

fourrunner
05-10-04, 08:57 PM
IRL Fan at Indy Practice ....... "Hey Robin Miller, Shouldn't you be at a CART Race"

Robin Miller ....... "I am at a CART Race... look around you son!"

Toooo Funny!!

Railbird
05-10-04, 09:11 PM
thetruth@espn.com

CART T. Katz
05-10-04, 10:40 PM
anyone happen to grab tonight's show for those of us who were unable to get online?

FRANKY
05-10-04, 10:49 PM

What's their e-mail address?

Cam
05-10-04, 11:24 PM
anyone happen to grab tonight's show for those of us who were unable to get online?

I screwed up...... Sorrty! :rolleyes:

Opposite Lock
05-11-04, 12:29 AM
The best moments of the show just might have been when RM was doing a mock-CG voice, such as during the numerous mentions of CG's Christmas parties, and offering to be his friend for one year, for a nominal $250,000.

You just kind of got a sense of how much these guys don't really care much for one another.

SurfaceUnits
05-11-04, 01:42 AM
From a poster at another forum (http://members.rogers.com/reedspacer/The_Truth_20040510.wma)

Robstar
05-11-04, 01:47 AM
Thanks ! :thumbup:

Kiwifan
05-11-04, 02:18 AM
Sorry, can't get the link to work either here or over there. :( Is anyone able to get it or is it just my over cautious settings?

Rusty.

Robstar
05-11-04, 02:21 AM
Clear out your PM Box :)

Kiwifan
05-11-04, 03:23 AM
Done! :)

Rusty.

cart7
05-11-04, 07:15 AM
Typical Ganassi. I'm in it for myself and only myself. No thoughts or idea's for the future nor wanting to take any responsibility at all for the direction of the sport. Geez, if his lips were any tighter on the Toyota teet his eyes would pop out of his head. :shakehead

Clown
05-11-04, 08:25 AM
Actually that was good for the cause.
I'm sure the gomers loved his "too ****ing bad" (nb. not a quote) statement regarding the plight of the small teams.... :)

cart7
05-11-04, 08:32 AM
I also like the F1 part. If you're not part of the club, you don't get to race. Uhh.. Chip... Isn't that how the earl is operating these days??

Railbird
05-17-04, 07:10 PM
it's on

The Portly Texan is on right now

hold on to your sammiches

Ziggy
05-17-04, 07:25 PM
Its turning into a freakin' admiration society pretty quick

Now he is mouthin' Kenny for taking Rahole's money. Says He paid him the same amount when he drove for El Sammich

yeah, right

RTKar
05-17-04, 07:27 PM
AJ claims he lost 33 pounds....it's just a number.

Mr. Vengeance
05-17-04, 07:39 PM
AJ claims he lost 33 pounds....it's just a number.

His gut's hung up on the towel rack again...

Ziggy
05-17-04, 07:41 PM
Doncha go mouthin

RTKar
05-17-04, 08:24 PM
Great interview with Bobby Unser...

Miller; "Your 3rd wife was probably the prettiest woman..."

Unser; "She was also the meanest..."

...and some great old racing talk.

Opposite Lock
05-17-04, 08:28 PM
RM calls for a Tony George frontal lobotomy!

I'll contribute - do they take PayPal?

Railbird
05-17-04, 08:29 PM
all in all
all ya all need slapped up side the haid.

this is quite true

fourrunner
05-17-04, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately Bobby Unser is a Moron.....

Great Racer in his day .... but a Moron!

Moron is a bit harsh ... Dufus instead

Ziggy
05-17-04, 08:38 PM
Uncle Bobby was a card carrying bad ass at IMS

Look up the word "smooth" during the Gurney era, and it continued with Fletcher and Penske

Ziggy

fourrunner
05-17-04, 08:48 PM
I'll be buying Bobbies book.. like the Racer ... Want to read that History

My Moron Dufus reference was his idea of saving the Indy 500 ... Have Tony get 15 people of differing talents together to form a "Think Tank"

Unfortunately Bobby is just as stubborn & Bullheaded as TG!

Brilliant Bobby .... form a committee ... TG doesn't do committees!

Step one in fixing Indy - Tony George Resign !

Cam
05-17-04, 10:39 PM
Just got done editing it..... Will be interesting to listen to it tomorrow! :D

Ziggy
05-17-04, 10:50 PM
fourrunner

really, the book is not that good. Do an ebay search if you really must own it. The racing is pretty thin, just antidotes which Bobby tries to relate to the racing world. Its hard to read knowing what you know about the guy

Yes, the "think tank" idea was pretty absurd.

Most of these older famous racers will benefit if Indy can regain its lustre. Right now there is no money to schmooze with, cause Tony ran it all off. When there are only 8K to 10K there for pole day, it makes their accomplishments look like nobody cares.

which come to think of it, very few do........

Welcome to IMS, the house built by the Intemidater.......

Ziggy

fourrunner
05-18-04, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the warning Ziggy!! :)

I think I'll drop by Barnes & Noble one evening and brouse through it instead.

I never gave the "Alumni" idea a thought... The Shine goes off Indy & their value declines also.... No wonder he made the pronouncement that OWRS won't succeed... But then again considering how incredibly bad his other life decisions have been ( marriages, snowmobiling in "forbidden areas"). I think OWRS will be just fine!! :thumbup:

Used to love the two nudnicks Bobby Unser & Sam Posey arguing & spitting nails at each other in the booth at Indy so many years ago....

toymaker
05-18-04, 08:22 AM
So Cam, are you going to share with the resy of us??? :) :)

Railbird
05-24-04, 07:27 PM
It's on.

Best bump day commentary I've heard so far.

The Monterrey races hasn't come up yet

BigIrlFan
05-24-04, 07:30 PM
DAmn COMMIes, I WOod LIek to driveb over thar and pouND somE KNOts on THeir HAids.

KAint do IT tonIGht, I Got a STriPPEd drain plug fROm soME RIceburner hONda and MY BOss is pissed. IM WAIten for the bondo to dry so thIS piNKo soCKer moM will go away

WOuld mind SOcken her tHOu!!!

BiF# Our SeaTS are chEAp, and OUr fielDS are DEEp

fourrunner
05-24-04, 07:32 PM
It's on.

Best bump day commentary I've heard so far.

The Monterrey races hasn't come up yet

I'm listening and LMAO

Complete Indy 500 Bashing - Tony George Bashing - Tony Stewart Bashing - and delightfully Jack Arute Bashing

a Champ Car Fans delight -

Just mentioned Paul Newman and NH Win at Monterrey, so I assume they'll mention it soon!

Cart4Live2003
05-24-04, 07:57 PM
bah I missed all that.. just tuned in.. hopefull someone will have it posted up somewhere to download hehe.. just tuned in

CART T. Katz
05-24-04, 08:06 PM
i was able to tune in at 7:50 edt and literally got 10 minutes of commercials afterwards. :confused:
was that supposed to happen?

Opposite Lock
05-24-04, 08:09 PM
i was able to tune in at 7:50 edt and literally got 10 minutes of commercials afterwards. :confused:

they just explained that as a "power outage". they're back now!

pchall
05-24-04, 08:09 PM

Glitch or just paying some long over due bills? :p

Railbird
05-24-04, 08:12 PM
Power outage plus the standard top of the hour commercial break.

BEast jr is being interviewed now which I'm sure will thrill the folks here.

rabbit
05-24-04, 08:22 PM
Power outage plus the standard top of the hour commercial break.

BEast jr is being interviewed now which I'm sure will thrill the folks here.Hehe, I am proud to say that I am probably one of the few here who knows who that is. :) He'll be here at Limaland in three weeks. Did Jr. have anything interesting to say?

Railbird
05-24-04, 08:29 PM
Came across as the normal short track dolt.

I don't know him, he may very well be a humorous and entertaining kid like some of the other short trackers I've known, but damn most of them come across as hayseeds in these deals.

RTKar
05-24-04, 08:33 PM

I don't know him, he may very well be a humorous and entertaining kid like some of the other short trackers I've known, but damn most of them come across as hayseeds in these deals.

I was thinking the same thing....used to be it didn't matter as long as you could drive...not anymore though.

rabbit
05-24-04, 08:52 PM

I'll let you make your own judgement. ;)
http://www.usacracing.com/HeadShots/f053.jpg

RTKar
05-24-04, 08:59 PM
/\ ...as long as the guy can drive....I usually pull for guys like him...the fabios of the world don't impress me.

Railbird
05-24-04, 08:59 PM
Oh I've seen him many times rabbit, I take in the occasional Speedrome event.

But just like being sharp looking doesn't mean you are sharp, I wasn't aware of the level of his doltness.

His hero has to be Sam Hornish.

Railbird
05-24-04, 09:01 PM
I agree RT, but the sponsors seldom do.

Opposite Lock
05-24-04, 09:03 PM
I missed the first half hour - did they discuss Monterrey at all?!

pchall
05-24-04, 09:12 PM
I missed the first half hour - did they discuss Monterrey at all?!

I had it on for about 105 minutes except for their "glitches". Monterrey apparently was not on their dance card. One the whole, I found Klink's closing comments to be the only redeeming content: "Where is Heinz-Harald Frentzen when we need him?"

Railbird
05-24-04, 09:13 PM
Most of the show was ate up with Indy jokes and power outages, throw in BEast jr and Eric Gordon and it really didn't have much for F1/ChampCar fans.

Being in a local bar with the Pacer game in the background didn't exactly help matters either.

not one of their better efforts for folks around here.

Ankf00
05-25-04, 02:30 AM
/\ ...as long as the guy can drive....I usually pull for guys like him...the fabios of the world don't impress me.
don't tell that to Lulu/kate/liz, he's a good little driver that could turn into a great little driver!! :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Madmaxfan2
05-25-04, 09:56 AM
This week's broadcast theme seemed to be local Indiana dirt track hotshoes that should be in the 500 but are not. Klink and Burkholder shtick should be given the heave hoe. The Klink impressions are not that convincing, and the humor is reaching at best. But Robin is great as usual.

RTKar
05-31-04, 07:08 PM
Monday Bump...it's on.

rabbit
05-31-04, 07:11 PM
Ah Mondays. The one day of the week that I am stuck in the office all night. The one day of the week that I am stuck in front of a computer with no sound card. And the one day of the week that I get to read about how great "The Truth" is without ever hearing it. :thumdown:

RTKar
05-31-04, 07:27 PM
Ah Mondays. The one day of the week that I am stuck in the office all night. The one day of the week that I am stuck in front of a computer with no sound card. And the one day of the week that I get to read about how great "The Truth" is without ever hearing it. :thumdown:

Talkin rumors...tg bought MO, irl will race at Sears Point, Portland, MO, maybe RA if CC folds :saywhat:

Miller talking with Rice commenting about going around the old CART paddock asking them about Buddy Rice a few years back....ahhhh we don't watch the Atlantics Races...don't know him....

Railbird
05-31-04, 07:34 PM
Just interviewed Buddy Rice.

it's a two hour Indy review.

Madmaxfan2
06-01-04, 08:49 AM
One tidbit. Robin Miller said he proposed to write a story on all the misguided egos in open wheel racing for Car & Driver. Car & Driver turned him down because they feared Robin would be too mean in the story. The TG spin machine has hijacked the enthuisiast press. :thumdown:

RTKar
06-01-04, 06:44 PM
One tidbit. Robin Miller said he proposed to write a story on all the misguided egos in open wheel racing for Car & Driver. Car & Driver turned him down because they feared Robin would be too mean in the story. The TG spin machine has hijacked the enthuisiast press. :thumdown:

Hey Robin! just post it here. :p

Railbird
06-07-04, 07:20 PM
RHR is being interviewed right now!

FCYTravis
06-07-04, 07:21 PM
RHR is being interviewed right now!
Except the stream is horribly broken for all of us who don't live in Indyland. It breaks up every couple of seconds and skips around madly. This is driving me nuts :flame: :flame: :thumdown:

Insomniac
06-07-04, 07:28 PM
Except the stream is horribly broken for all of us who don't live in Indyland. It breaks up every couple of seconds and skips around madly. This is driving me nuts :flame: :flame: :thumdown:

It's playing back fine for me. Almost 50 slots open.

FCYTravis
06-07-04, 07:33 PM
It's playing back fine for me. Almost 50 slots open.
I just closed and reopened up the stream and when I opened it, it took me to BEFORE THE COMMERCIAL BREAK began. I'm hearing the same thing twice. I'm listening to this IRL promo, again.

Deja vu, anyone?

FCYTravis
06-07-04, 07:37 PM
I'm using iTunes. The stream keeps dying, and as soon as I reopen the stream, it takes me back 60 seconds in time in the stream! It's the Robin Miller Time Machine.

Maybe if I keep closing and reopening it, I can take us back to 1995 before the Split!! :rofl:

FCYTravis
06-07-04, 07:39 PM
Well, I just missed the punchline to whatever joke they were telling about the Arute book on the airplane to Las Vegas... the stream jumped to the middle of a commercial break!

"Little Al had to face his in public, well we knew that, FOCUS FACTOR, try it today!" :eek:

devilmaster
06-07-04, 07:43 PM
yep, having problems up here too...

Steve

CART T. Katz
06-07-04, 08:05 PM
a friend and i have come to the collective conclusion that the station is having some in-tar-web problems, possibly an internet virus. either way, the station should have a rediculously large buffer to partially fix the problem because i know that they are aware of it by now.

FCYTravis
06-07-04, 08:15 PM
TEH INTARWEB!!!!!!!!