PDA

View Full Version : Christian Fittipaldi - What's he doin'???

Winston Wolfe
03-28-04, 10:56 PM
(Didnt know where to post this, so I'll put it here)
With Emmo allegedly "on the fence" about getting back into CCWS, and probably in need of some sponsorship fund-age, what have y'all heard about CF these days ?

He NEVER impressed me as a CART driver, considering the level of equipment he always had under him, but nevertheless, he is a "name driver" that would bring some recognition to the series. His Busch career with Petty was less than illustrious, heck, less than a blip on a radar screen, but who'da thunk that a Brazilian born road racer would have been welcomed on the high bank, round about tin top junior league ?

Since all of the "Unser's, Penske's, Rahal's, Fernanddez', Patrick's, Ganassi's, etc., of the world are over in the round-y-round league, and those are some of the more recognnizable names from the past few years of OWR in North America, I was just throwing a line out there for some opinons, or insights (or am I just completely out in left field on this one ?)

RaceGrrl
03-28-04, 11:26 PM
His name is recognizable, but I think Christian has suffered one concussion too many. He really doesn't need to be back in a Champ Car.

Lizzerd
03-28-04, 11:33 PM
He's still under contract with Petty and driving a limited Busch schedule this year.

No sponsor money for Cup car for him.

Sean O'Gorman
03-29-04, 12:32 AM
I heard right around Daytona that he'd been released by Petty.

overlandave
03-29-04, 02:02 AM
I heard right around Daytona that he'd been released by Petty.

heard that too and also heard the emmo rumors of coming to drive for him in OWRS

anyone...... anyone...... buehller?

cartgal
03-29-04, 11:04 AM
Took this off the Petty Enterprise site (pettyracing.com)

re: Fittipaldi

- Joined Petty Enterprises to run a limited schedule in Winston Cup, Busch and ARCA for 2003.
- Currently running a limited Busch Series schedule with Innovative Motorsports
- Scheduled to run Busch Series events for Innovative at Richmond, Kansas, Phoenix and Miami later this year

(I"m thinking they mean 2004 when saying "this year" or "currently".)

And here's what I find for Innovative Motorsports:
Innovative Motorsports, Inc. (IMI), founded by George deBidart in 1998, will compete in its first NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series season in 2004 after six years in the NASCAR Busch Grand National Series. IMI earned Busch Rookie-of-the-Year honors in 1999 with driver Andy Santerre, including a victory at Pikes Peak. Past drivers also include Kenny Wallace, Shane Hmiel and Christian Fittipaldi. IMI also competed in four NASCAR Winston (Nextel) Cup races in 2002.

No mention of Christian on the site -- such as it was....