PDA

View Full Version : Query to radio sports news listeners

pchall
03-28-04, 12:39 PM
Anybody else out the getting the impression that it is the "official party line" on Fox Sports radio that CART/OWRS is dead?

Sean O'Gorman
03-28-04, 01:11 PM
There's a Fox Sports radio?

pchall
03-28-04, 01:28 PM
There's a Fox Sports radio?

Yup. And on motorsports they fall somewhere inbetween Crash Gladiot and John Kernan.

BTW, I can sort out the electrics on your Mister Two so you can run the AM/FM and listen on the way to school/work/drunken debauche any time you want... ;)

fourrunner
03-28-04, 02:54 PM
Fox Sports Radio is propping up the IRL like that movie "Weekend At Bernies" where Andrew McCarthy and that other guy who don't want to give up their Vacation Home, and carry the Dead Guy around as if he were alive, except the movie was funny..... kinda!

pchall
04-11-04, 11:30 AM
Fox Sports Radio is propping up the IRL like that movie "Weekend At Bernies" where Andrew McCarthy and that other guy who don't want to give up their Vacation Home, and carry the Dead Guy around as if he were alive, except the movie was funny..... kinda!

I put the car radio on this morning while driving to the hardware store and Michel Rahal and Rob D'Amico were on with Fox Raceday. Somebody called in asking in they thought Pat Patrick would move to NASCAR! While talking about the business end of racing to an avowed openwheel fan caller, never once did Rahal or D'Amico mention that the Champcar season would begin this week with the Long Beach Grand Prix.

:saywhat:

jcollins28
04-11-04, 11:41 AM
I do not even bother to listen to sports talk radio for any racing news. It's all stick and ball sports and the average joe who wants to call in to say that Baryy Bonds sucks or something to that effect. There is a guy on xtra sports 690 a.m in San Diego who tries to give racing reports but he always screws it up. For the gIRL race at PIR he reported that Benedict Fernandez dropped out early of the CART Indy race at PIR? I was like what the????

Ziggy
04-11-04, 11:52 AM
You guys need to get a load of the Lemming radio here in town

Your head spins so fast your sick for a couple of days

Ziggy

Spicoli
04-11-04, 04:19 PM
You guys need to get a load of the Lemming radio here in town

Your head spins so fast your sick for a couple of days

Ziggy

WIBC is so entrenched in the koolaid its dissgusting. And that Azzwhole Dave Wilson just annoys the poop outta me.

I really like listening to his intimate conversations with John Andretti - NASCAR superstar.

Lizzerd
04-11-04, 09:15 PM
WIBC is so entrenched in the koolaid its dissgusting. And that Azzwhole Dave Wilson just annoys the poop outta me.

I really like listening to his intimate conversations with John Andretti - NASCAR superstar.

Yeah, but consider that Wilson is just as much of a superstar in broadcasting and racing commentary.

Ankf00
04-11-04, 09:21 PM
only sports radio i listen in on is when ****'s hitting the fan at the AD's office over here, of if 'horns baseball is on the field.

Railbird
04-11-04, 09:47 PM
the Indy radio scene is like one of those huge fleamarkets.

Lots of stuff, not much quality.

CART T. Katz
04-11-04, 09:48 PM
fs radio is more nayscor radio than everything else. there is no mention of champcars and the occational mention of the crapwagons. something that i completely understand and get. no one in the country really cares about CART or champcars (or gives the perception that they do) so why should a national sports radio network?

Spicoli
04-11-04, 09:54 PM
Yeah, but consider that Wilson is just as much of a superstar in broadcasting and racing commentary.

Somebody recently pointed out to me that he posted up on CrackForum right after that stoopid "Fantasy 500"....I caught about 5 minutes of that in the car - just plain dumb. Bout the Goomerati were high fiving him on that effort.

Anyway, is Dave still the size of Mooresville?

Railbird
04-11-04, 10:25 PM
I caught some of the "pre race" for the Fantasy 500, kind of a strange concept aimed at the teary eyed types.

I thought hearing some of the old radio bits would be cool, and some where, but it got bogged down in trying to be the conglomeration that it was.

Were any of you Indy folks listening when Miller, Scoggin and Wilson had their radio show back in split era?

Scoggin and Wilson, who grew up together, had a major on-air meltdown over the deal.

Classic stuff.

btw

I went down to the bar to check out "The Truth" live last week, couldn't hear a damn thing for the stick and ball geeks.

Kink
04-12-04, 07:10 AM
Speaking of Indy radio, Michael Young on WNDE is a real piece of work IMO.
Very proud of himself. His disdain for the NASCAR Chase to Championship, and his love for Tony Stewart, create diatribes that are nausiating and un-entertaining.

I do remember Scoggins & Wilson. They, along with another local yocal, D.O., always gave me the impression they would just as soon see IMS made a dirt track so the "little guy" could become a hero.

Done ranting!

Spicoli
04-12-04, 08:24 AM
Speaking of Indy radio, Michael Young on WNDE is a real piece of work IMO.
Very proud of himself. His disdain for the NASCAR Chase to Championship, and his love for Tony Stewart, crate diatribes that are nausiating and un-entertaining.

I do remember Scoggins & Wilson. They, along with another local yocal, D.O., always gave me the impression They would just as soon see IMS made a dirt track so the "little guy" could become a hero.

Done ranting!

Ah yes - "Track Dude Michael Young"......I've actually called in to his show before, got into it with him over the 25/8 rule.....he really is pissed these days. All them durn furriners and jap engines....these guys are the latest vistims in the idiotggrandson's scortched brain philosophy.