PDA

View Full Version : TheDJ was right

Turn7
03-28-04, 08:35 AM
I was a little harsh on The DJ when she claimed that OWRS would have 18 cars and maybe more.

I was sceptical of her info and dismissed it.

I know she made some statements in the past that didn't set well with many on this board but, she tried to be positive and we still crapped on her thread to where it is now gone.

I just thought I would acknowledge that I am glad she tried to post a positive thread.

Ziggy
03-28-04, 08:41 AM
Well, dont jump off a bridge or anything

Ziggy

Turn7
03-28-04, 09:18 AM
:p

pchall
03-28-04, 10:36 AM
Her show still makes the Klink and Burkhalter segments of Miller's show look like serious and responsible motorsports journalism.

I just think we just don't need her self-serving and self-promoting posts here.

ANAYA YATES
03-28-04, 01:04 PM
Right, wrong or indifferent.....

I've seen the posts floating around. I haven't said anything until now. I avoid any type of confrontation. However, it's comparable to someone insulting my best friend and I just stand back and say nothing. What kind of friend would that make me?

I've known Crash since her Pre-SpeedFreaks days and she has always been more then nice to everyone. I'm not posting to defend her....just to give another perspective.

Instead of attacking, why don't you look at her accomplishments and put a positive spin on this. In short, she used to work for a CART team, came to CA to pursue a career in media and as far as I know....is right on track. She's combining her passion of racing with her career. How many of us can say that? Who are we to judge sitting behind our computer screens? I don't like some media personalities, but I don't bother to take my time to tell them. Not worth it.

So she posts about an upcoming show. Oh well. Listen or don't listen. I tune in when I'm awake on Sunday night, but that's a rare occasion as I go to bed before 9pm.

I really shouldn't take a weekend off from being a ski instructor or then I end up posting on the forums. See, if I didn't have a cold, I'd be up the mountain, enjoying clear, blue skies and fresh air instead of typing this.

For now, I'll stick with organizing the social events at LBGP........at least those posts are ALL about fun.

Thanks Turn7 for being positive.

ANAYA YATES

Sean O'Gorman
03-28-04, 01:08 PM
I'm not going to judge TheDJ because I don't know her, but when someone says they hope OWRS loses the court case so we can have one series and then goes back to plugging her show saying shes such a huge Champ Car fan and acting like nothing happened at all, that person should expect their fair share of harsh treatment.

RaceGrrl
03-28-04, 01:35 PM
I didn't dismiss her info. I just dismissed her attitude. It seems that talking heads are rarely able to just post as real people with real opinions. Instead, they have to constantly promote and find it necessary to make sure that we all know exactly who they are. That's why it's irritating.

If she'd come here simply as a fan and posted the information because she cared about the series instead of posting it while shilling for her show, she might have been heard with less skepticism. Otherwise, it's just a commercial.

JT265
03-28-04, 01:40 PM
I didn't dismiss her info. I just dismissed her attitude. It seems that talking heads are rarely able to just post as real people with real opinions. Instead, they have to constantly promote and find it necessary to make sure that we all know exactly who they are. That's why it's irritating.

If she'd come here simply as a fan and posted the information because she cared about the series instead of posting it while shilling for her show, she might have been heard with less skepticism. Otherwise, it's just a commercial.

Now whaddya mean by that? :confused:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

GET YOUR FREE JT BOBBLEHEAD!!!!!!!!!

BE THE 1ST ON YOUR BLOCK WITH THE HOTTEST SELLING ITEM ON EBAY!!!!!

<Send $5 for shipping and handling to JT c/o OC>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

<oops!> :D

overlandave
03-28-04, 01:51 PM
Oh sheez the only reason she posts anything about her show, let me say it again, the ONLY reason she posts anything about her show is to post what champ car drivers will be on. there is nothing wrong with that and if we all supported champ car as we say we do then we should be interested in that sort of thing-listening to our champ car drivers on a national interview-it's promotion for the series right? why do you have such a problem with that. just be happy tht speed freaks even has champ car drivers-if they were as bad as some of you say they are then they probably wouldn't even interview OWRS.

some serious personal problems with posts here JMHO. :mad:

manic mechanic
03-28-04, 02:03 PM
Oh sheez the only reason she posts anything about her show, let me say it again, the ONLY reason she posts anything about her show is to post what champ car drivers will be on. there is nothing wrong with that and if we all supported champ car as we say we do then we should be interested in that sort of thing-listening to our champ car drivers on a national interview-it's promotion for the series right? why do you have such a problem with that. just be happy tht speed freaks even has champ car drivers-if they were as bad as some of you say they are then they probably wouldn't even interview OWRS.

some serious personal problems with posts here JMHO. :mad:

Another reason she posts about the drivers being on the show is so that people will call in and ask questions of the drivers.

Whether you like the show or not, it gives us a unique opportunity to actually interact with the drivers, and IMHO, that's not a bad thing.

manic

Railbird
03-28-04, 02:26 PM
After the DJ expressed her thoughts on ChampCar's demise I would find it very suprising if her reception on a ChampCar dedicated forum to be anything other than hostile.

RaceGrrl
03-28-04, 02:39 PM
After the DJ expressed her thoughts on ChampCar's demise I would find it very suprising if her reception on a ChampCar dedicated forum to be anything other than hostile.

You're spot on, 'bird.

manic mechanic
03-28-04, 03:21 PM

IIRC, many on this (and another) forum were chiding RM for being an "EARL shill" up until just recently.

My, how it all sounds soooo familiar! :rolleyes:

manic

chop456
03-28-04, 04:03 PM
There's a profound difference between pointing out the possible demise of CART and publicly wishing for it.

I"m sure Gladys is a swell person, but until I hear a sea change in that show and it's attitude, it sucks.

Just one Midwesterner's opinion. ;)

Jervis Tetch 1
03-28-04, 06:27 PM
I think the DJ has every right to post here. If you don't like her thread or post, say so albeit in a constructive way.

BTW I don't like her show one bit. I think it's too frivolous but they do promote the sport well and are well liked by a lot.

I too knew her before her new career, but I always thought she went to LA to become an actress. :saywhat: :eek:

I guess we can't all be Nicole Kidman.

Ziggy
03-28-04, 06:48 PM
See what you started Turn7?

its all about publicity. Good, bad or indifferent. If she is associated with it, its a plus. Thats how the media works.

You have heard the term "schill"? What do you think it means? Just like the barnacles that attach themselves to the bottom of ocean going ships, and wind up in San Francisco Bay.

Free ride, and you get to eat.

Let this thread die, as well as her posts and show. If folks like it, more power to them. If they come here to extoll the virtues of a "dedicated journalist" then flame throwers on. Until something other than fluff is offered on the show, I wont listen, or recomend it to any other person.

Interpret fluff anyway you see fit. I think it is what drives most of the fans of the show.

Ziggy

ps - If you feel bad about it, a personal message would have been fine. Foe or fan, I think most posters know the answer.

overlandave
03-28-04, 11:47 PM
I dont know what 'fluff' you are talking about- their show IS indeed serious when necessary. tonight they had a discussion about zanardi's return, an interview with steve kinser and his 500th win and then just had david starr on with more interviews coming

actually the show is really good. if you don't like the little sound bites thy throw in there then you must not like any other radio show that does that.

those of you complaining i dont think have ever really heard the show. they are very good.

Hard Driver
03-28-04, 11:58 PM
I personally welcome her here and those that are pissing on her every post have lost a bit of respect. Fine she maybe was pro IRL once. I never saw it. And even if she was, she is still (or was) here and still obviously interested and as said, being positive. So if you don't like her show, don't listen to it. AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. Some don't need to pipe into every thread, including this one, bashing.

devilmaster
03-29-04, 12:18 AM
*sigh*

is it april 18th yet?

Steve

manic mechanic
03-29-04, 12:22 AM
I personally welcome her here and those that are pissing on her every post have lost a bit of respect. Fine she maybe was pro IRL once. I never saw it. And even if she was, she is still (or was) here and still obviously interested and as said, being positive. So if you don't like her show, don't listen to it. AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. Some don't need to pipe into every thread, including this one, bashing.

Well said, H_D.

Hey doc, Zig..You listening? :D

manic

devilmaster
03-29-04, 12:43 AM

Probably not. You see, since overlandave told everyone that if you complain about the show, you must not have really heard it, I have to assume they were by the radio re-listening to the show, cause someone told them their opinion was plain wrong.

Which, btw, was the same thing that annoyed me in Crash's 'you should be ashamed for bashing adrian cause he wrote this note thread'. If I were to believe every letter that was written, I would probably be a kool-aid swilling earl fanatic who still believes that USAC drivers deserve a chance and cost containment is the way to go.

Its annoying when someone tells me my opinion. It conflicts with this silly thing I do called 'thinking'.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether her show blows or not, whether she is a fan or not, whether I am an ********* or not, you have a right to choose.

At the end of the day, we're all (for the most part) fans of the same sport.

Is it April 18th yet?
Steve

pinniped
03-29-04, 12:55 AM
Not quite, but I DID see a great ad for the LBGP on Speed today...bringing the LBGP to us just as they have for 29 previous years...and to think I was at the first of those...man, I'm an old fart...

Why over-analyze DJ? Maybe one day she said something under some misconception, or said something she didn't mean to say, or maybe it has been misinterpreted...she mainly was critical of the management of CART and THAT certainly can be excused, if not applauded... ;)

JT265
03-29-04, 12:55 AM
damn Steve, now I don't know what to think!!!!

Can I have two bars of Kumbaya while I fire the bong? :D

<oh, and I have a truckload of bobbleheads to unload too. Seems my shilling ain't worth crap here> ;)

manic mechanic
03-29-04, 01:01 AM
Its annoying when someone tells me my opinion. It conflicts with this silly thing I do called 'thinking'.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether her show blows or not, whether she is a fan or not, whether I am an ********* or not, you have a right to choose.

At the end of the day, we're all (for the most part) fans of the same sport.

Is it April 18th yet?
Steve

We see the same view(s) through different eyes, Steve.

The danger comes when you let the "self-applied blinders" get in the way of rational thinking. I have seen her posts, and I have stood beside her (in real life) when she has championed CART/OWRS in real time. Personally, I believe her more when she speaks the words.

Zig said it best a few posts back..."fluff" is the promotional aspect. There is also another saying that reads: "Any PR is good PR".

My clock starts 2 days before yours..I'll be there when ChampCars hit the track for first practice on April 16th.

manic

manic mechanic
03-29-04, 01:04 AM
damn Steve, now I don't know what to think!!!!

Can I have two bars of Kumbaya while I fire the bong? :D

<oh, and I have a truckload of bobbleheads to unload too. Seems my shilling ain't worth crap here> ;)

You are in the wrong country for it to be worth a "shilling", JT! :rofl:

As for "Kumbayah": Don't even go there!!! (ask Mrs. Manic about that one if/when you meet her). :D

manic

Ziggy
03-29-04, 01:04 AM
No, and your not reading dolt

Like I said, you wanna listen, fine. You wanna come here and advertise, thats another matter.

Did you get the "reach around" award?

enough said, I will take my autoracing without sexual inuendo. And I got big balls, dont need some twit to "give me a pair"

wanker

Ziggy

JT265
03-29-04, 01:06 AM
You are in the wrong country for it to be worth a "shilling", JT! :rofl:

As for "Kumbayah": Don't even go there!!! (ask Mrs. Manic about that one if/when you meet her). :D

manic

Sometimes ya hit 'em, and other times you fall flat on your butt. I guess I'm in "fall on your butt mode" tonight.

Hey Manic, wanna bobblehead? :rofl:

pinniped
03-29-04, 01:08 AM
...I got big balls, dont need some twit to "give me a pair"

Ziggy

Yes, but are they made of urethane and hanging from yer differential?
:gomer:

manic mechanic
03-29-04, 01:25 AM
No, and your not reading dolt

Like I said, you wanna listen, fine. You wanna come here and advertise, thats another matter.

Did you get the "reach around" award?

enough said, I will take my autoracing without sexual inuendo. And I got big balls, dont need some twit to "give me a pair"

wanker

Ziggy

Geez Zig..All this acknowlegement..I'm not sure exactly how to handle it...

I have far too much decorum to respond in kind, so I will leave it where it lands.

BTW: Your responses reek of "hanging out" with BiF and BUck...

Not something I would be proud of by any means. :D

manic

Ziggy
03-29-04, 01:29 AM
Thanks for your decorum, I was gettin' purty scart

Ziggy

FRANKY
03-29-04, 01:45 AM
Nothing like a personal issue to divide fans, it's interesting to note that even certain "concerned race fans" noted that she was gleeful about CART's demise, not sure she even denied it. That seems to be the core complaint to her.

Should Champ Car fans stick to being united even if it includes welcoming posers? I think Railbird answered that, but at the same time, manic mechanic would seem to maybe know her better, seems like I saw SoCal picturers posted when the Freaks supported CART in some auction for fire victims.

DjDrOmusic
03-29-04, 01:52 AM
Well said, H_D.

manic

If The DJ got her feathers ruffled because I replied to, what I felt was a slap at OWRS, IMHO, well I'm sorry, but being in the media she should realize that she will never please everyone. I have listened, and whether I like the show or not doesn't really matter. If you like it listen, if not don't. :saywhat:

manic mechanic
03-29-04, 01:55 AM
If The DJ got her feathers ruffled because I replied to, what I felt was a slap at OWRS, IMHO, well I'm sorry, but being in the media she should realize that she will never please everyone. I have listened, and whether I like the show or not doesn't really matter. If you like it listen, if not don't. :saywhat:

Sorry for the missed reference..I was referring to a certain PhD...No offense meant, DJDoc. :o

manic

JT265
03-29-04, 09:52 AM
What the hell am I gonna do with this truckload of bobbleheads? :saywhat:

Mr. Vengeance
03-29-04, 11:04 AM
What the hell am I gonna do with this truckload of bobbleheads? :saywhat:

Well, in the DJ's words, you could "Bury them!".

Hope that helps.

cart7
03-29-04, 11:39 AM

I consider her no better than the last lemming WB let in. While he attempted for a short time to post here like a fan, he was over at TF gleefully jumping into every "Cart's gonna die thread" and adding his 2 cents in. Like we don't go over there and lurk. :rolleyes: If you love the series and are a fan, you sure don't publicly hope for its demise and expect to be welcomed here with open arms.

As far as I'm concerned, she gets a :thumdown: from me.

DjDrOmusic
03-29-04, 11:53 AM
Sorry for the missed reference..I was referring to a certain PhD...No offense meant, DJDoc. :o

manic

No offense taken :)

I still want an OC radio show, which I respectfully volunteer to host! ;) :D

CARTNUT
03-29-04, 11:22 PM
My 2 cents:

Well, she's got nice breasts! :D

Love ya Crasher!!! (So does my son!)

'NUT :gomer:

(anyone tells Mrs. 'NUT I mentioned Crashes unmentionables, I kill ya! :saywhat: )

JT265
03-30-04, 12:58 AM
My 2 cents:

Well, she's got nice breasts! :D

Love ya Crasher!!! (So does my son!)

'NUT :gomer:

(anyone tells Mrs. 'NUT I mentioned Crashes unmentionables, I kill ya! :saywhat: )

Well, to be fair,the fact that she has nice breasts earns a bit of a pass from me.

Having said that, if she truly wishes for ChampCars demise, she's in the wrong camp. While most seem to suggest the need for one series in order to try and rebuild the sport, there is no way in hell that it would ever work with Mumbles and his flying crapwagon show.

In fact, at this stage I ain't sure if it would work if Mumbles went back to being a track owner and thru the gates open to current spec ChampCars.

This side of the pond already has pure WWE-style contrived racing, and it's called Nascar.

I believe that there is a market on this continent for real racing, and now that anyone suffering from Indyitis has shown their true colors, lets get on with the business of growing the sport, and leave the twirlers to try and pick up the Nascar crumbs.