PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jan Berry

DjDrOmusic
03-28-04, 12:36 AM
Of Jan and Dean fame, he was 62. He had a seizure Friday and never recovered. Jan was the one who was almost killed when his car ran into the back of a truck, I believe in 1966. He was severely brain damaged in that crash but recovered enough to sing again. God Speed Jan..
:(

fourrunner
03-28-04, 11:13 AM
Of Jan and Dean fame, he was 62. He had a seizure Friday and never recovered. Jan was the one who was almost killed when his car ran into the back of a truck, I believe in 1966. He was severely brain damaged in that crash but recovered enough to sing again. God Speed Jan..
:(

I was 14 when the Jan & Dean, the Beachboys music hit. All about cars, and surfin, and girls, and just hangin out.... A Teenage boys modus operendi...

It's still the Best "Summer" Music out there... you can't ever be in a Bad Mood while listening to it!!

I was watching a DVD Tribute to Brian Wilson the other day, and they had a small section in it about Jan & Dean. And of course they will most likely be repeating the story of their lives on BIOGRAPHY Channel, and VH1 shows about tragic figures in Rock.

Sorry to hear about his death... RIP Jan Berry !!