PDA

View Full Version : American Scott Speed on pole at Monza (F.Renault).

Fio1
03-27-04, 02:51 AM
I just read that Scott Speed qualified on pole for both European Formula Renault races at Monza this weekend. Speed is America's next F1 driver! You'll see. ;)

Check www.jmracing.com for the story. :D

Fio1
03-28-04, 02:12 AM
I just read that Speed finished second in the first race. It seems it rained before the race, and virtually everyone started on rains. The track was drying, which made the race difficult. Speed made a good start and lead, but was then past by Pastor Maldonado, from Venezuela. Speed finished seven seconds behind Maldonado to finish a fine second. I'm sure with the drying track, set-up played a major part in Speed not winning.

Nosuchsoul
03-28-04, 11:52 AM
I remember during the first Red Bull search scouts saying that he was arrogant and a little unfriednly but was too fast to ignore. But if we can love villeneuve then I am sure we can love this lad, how will he do in the second race? :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
03-28-04, 01:05 PM
Oh no, not an arrogant race car driver!!! :eek: :laugh:

I couldn't believe that Red Bull and Sullivan and all them considered overlooking him because of personality. :rolleyes: I'd like to see him become successful, either in F1 or as Allmendinger's rival in Champ Car.

Nosuchsoul
03-28-04, 02:16 PM
Oh yeah, I always hear the same crap about American drivers not being aggressive enough. Well, give em hell speed, be a little arrogant, though if he was european I am sure his comments would be considered witty! But we are boorish Americans so he is just being arrogant. On the CART forums some said Allmendinger was not aggressive, why be "aggressive" when you just win more than any other rookie ever and get the same number of poles that Gilles did more than twenty years ago.

baffle
03-28-04, 04:56 PM
<sarcasm>gosh, an american driver qualifies on pole and takes second place in his first race? that's impossible. we all know european and s. american drivers are so much faster than yankees that we may as well not even show up. that's why there were no americans racing in europe - they were just too dang slow to compete - it had nothing whatsoever to do with the ability to get sponsorship or anything like that.</sarcasm>