PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis

sbpack31
03-25-04, 07:33 PM
Ill be heading to Indy for the Gran Prix in June. Ive never been there. Im looking for info as to where the best area to sit is in. Im looking for the area where you get the best view of the track. Price is not a concern. Also if Anyone can recommend a good motel in a nice area of town.

Lizzerd
03-25-04, 08:33 PM
https://imstix.brickyard.com/inettix/images/map_images/f1_map.gif

My seats are in the top row near the south end of J (towards the S/F line) and I love 'em. I can see the start and the infield until they hit the infiield straight. By face value, they were $105 this year. Northwest Vista puts you a bit farther from the track, but still a pretty good view.

If you want GA, go to the south end of the infield and sit on a hill or go just at the beginning of the infield straight.

RTKar
03-25-04, 09:30 PM
There are a number of hotels near the airport which isn't too far from the track at various price ranges. Most of them will probably be booked but keep checking back.

Cam
03-25-04, 11:59 PM
Race day is really the only day you need a seat. If you are gonna be in all three days walk the track and see the stands the first 2 days, then buy discounted tix from the scalpers day of.