PDA

View Full Version : Testing Times

Nosuchsoul
03-25-04, 05:00 PM
Anyone know where to get the testing times? I want to know how Dinger and RHR are doing compared to the big boys. I visited cart.com but they are not there.

Insomniac
03-25-04, 07:27 PM
Anyone know where to get the testing times? I want to know how Dinger and RHR are doing compared to the big boys. I visited cart.com but they are not there.

You won't find any official times since this is all informal testing. The only times you see official times is at something like Spring Training. And as far as I know it isn't happening this year.

datachicane
03-25-04, 07:37 PM
AJ was the quickest rookie Thurs., while RHR was the third quick vet. Today Phillipe was quick rookie, besting two vets and AJ.
:eek:

RaceGrrl
03-25-04, 08:08 PM
This brings up a question. I received a notice that a local OW fan club is having its season kickoff dinner on Saturday night. Since we're in Columbus, the club frequently has guest speakers from Rahal's team. Here is the text of the message:

"Unfortunately, Danica Patrick will not be able to attend since she will be testing in a Champ car."

My question is, if Rahal is IRLing now, why bother testing Danica in a ChampCar?

The rest of the message read:

"...Kenny Brack will be there along with Scott Roembke, Team Rahal President and General Manager.

Team Rahal has moved its main effort to the Indy Racing League for 2004. The teamwill be fielding at least 2 cars in most of the races and possibly 3 cars in several, including the Indy 500. Bobby Rahal cited a need to concentrate all their efforts in one venue and felt the IRL should be that series. Team Rahal will still field two cars in the Toyota Atlantic Series.

It is a little difficult to comprehend all that is going on in CART nowadays, but I wanted to let you know that the Club's Kick-Off Dinner and the Club itself are continuing as usual. The primary speaker for the dinner will be Scott Roembke who will answer any questions you might have. I want to remind everyone that the dinner is a time of goodwill and fun. We will not tolerate any disparaging remarks or questions."

Needless to say, I won't be going to the dinner since they basically just want us the ask Roembke the easy questions. I just thought the comment about Danica was interesting.

JoeBob
03-25-04, 08:31 PM
Maybe Dave can write them a list: Top Ten Signs You're Not Thinking About Your Fans.

I'll start 'em off: You have to tell your fan club that you won't tolerate disparaging remarks the meetings.

As for test times, Bourdais was fastest today. Full story here: http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7598

RaceGrrl
03-25-04, 09:27 PM
Maybe Dave can write them a list: Top Ten Signs You're Not Thinking About Your Fans.

I'll start 'em off: You have to tell your fan club that you won't tolerate disparaging remarks the meetings.

As for test times, Bourdais was fastest today. Full story here: http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7598

Oops, I should have made it clear that the note came from the fan club president, not Team Rahal. I thought it was amusing that they said they wouldn't tolerate disparaging comments or questions. WTF are they gonna do about it?

racer2c
03-25-04, 09:37 PM
Personally, I wouldn't go and I'd make sure they knew why. Preemptive damage control!?! Like anyone wants to ask Scott how setting up a car for holding your foot down around oval after oval makes for a challange.

:thumdown:

Insomniac
03-26-04, 10:55 AM
This brings up a question. I received a notice that a local OW fan club is having its season kickoff dinner on Saturday night. Since we're in Columbus, the club frequently has guest speakers from Rahal's team. Here is the text of the message:

"Unfortunately, Danica Patrick will not be able to attend since she will be testing in a Champ car."

My question is, if Rahal is IRLing now, why bother testing Danica in a ChampCar?

She has said that she wants to be in ChampCar. And BR has said he wants her to win the Indy 500. :) Maybe she has the sponsors to put her in ChampCar or her agreement with BR is to eventually go to ChampCar. that makes sense since it would be smarter (read: cost effective) to race in the IPS since he isn't in ChampCar. I'm personally glad she isn't going over there yet (the number of talented road racers lured over there is scary).

JT265
03-26-04, 12:06 PM
Oops, I should have made it clear that the note came from the fan club president, not Team Rahal. I thought it was amusing that they said they wouldn't tolerate disparaging comments or questions. WTF are they gonna do about it?

We could always park an 80' long transporter in front of their meeting place with a sign that says "Booby and the earl suck".

If you think that's politically correct of course.

:p