PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying revised!

Cam
03-24-04, 05:44 PM
Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/10358/?from=[HOME) Dont see how it will really help though. :rolleyes:

indyfan31
03-24-04, 07:32 PM
Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/10358/?from=[HOME) Dont see how it will really help though. :rolleyes:

didn't they do this last weekend already? Both on one day.

Ziggy
03-24-04, 08:04 PM
but can I claim I have a duff motor and move back to 10th?????

and have a fresh one?????

Ziggy

Robstar
03-24-04, 08:09 PM
didn't they do this last weekend already? Both on one day.

They did it back to back last weekend - They will now be an hour apart...
Not so good for TV coverage (not that we'd know over here - we still don't get coverage of qualifying :rolleyes: )

ilferrari
03-25-04, 09:53 AM
Seems like they decided the 2 hour session was too long and boring, and they want the TV companies just to show part 2. These old biddies in charge will change F1 to whatever they want if they think it means quick TV ratings.

indyfan31
03-25-04, 10:28 AM
I believe on Speed they only showed the second qualifying session and gave a little synopsis of the first. That's fine with me since the first session really is pointless.

Steve99
03-25-04, 11:35 AM
How does this make it more exciting? Now there will be an hour of nothing in-between sessions?

Insomniac
03-25-04, 12:02 PM
I believe on Speed they only showed the second qualifying session and gave a little synopsis of the first. That's fine with me since the first session really is pointless.

Yup. Speed pnly shows the second half. They also show some practice on Friday.

Joe in LA
03-25-04, 01:14 PM
How does this make it more exciting? Now there will be an hour of nothing in-between sessions?

It's the anticipation. :)

I think this is like Max Mosley's theory that passes aren't exciting, the tension is.

Robstar
03-25-04, 06:38 PM

If you're at the track, time to hit the bar... ;)

Anteater
03-26-04, 12:15 AM

No kidding, indyfan31--I was relieved that SPEED didn't broadcast it!

Did anyone watch "Wind Tunnel" last night? During Dave's commentary on the qualifying revision, SPEED aired footage of F1 quals in Malaysia with the caption "SNOREFEST"! :rofl: