PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Stoopid Adrian will be there?

rabbit
03-24-04, 02:06 PM
http://www.champweb.net/newsphp/fullnews.php?id=1398

LONG BEACH, Calif. (March 23, 2004) – Downtown Long Beach will gear up for the 30th Anniversary Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach with the “Tecate Thunder Thursday on Pine,” an exciting street party to be held along Pine Avenue between 1st and 3rd streets on Thursday, April 15 from 3 p.m – 10 p.m.

From 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., ESPN Radio 710 AM will broadcast live with the “McDonnell – Douglas Show” from the patio at Mum’s Restaurant, 144 Pine Avenue. Meanwhile, the Grand Prix Association will stage an exciting pit stop demonstration with the Newman/Haas Racing team.
:gomer:

devilmaster
03-24-04, 02:33 PM
I doubt it.... but if he is, I'm sure the Champcar faithful will gently inform him that he made a slight miscalculation.

Pete - where's your recipe for crow? ;)

Steve

Turn7
03-24-04, 03:01 PM
I see that N/H will be the pit demo team.

I wonder if this puts some legitimacy on the rumor that Tecate stayed with Champ Car and migrated to Jourdain's car as well as Jourdain to N/H.

Lizzerd
03-24-04, 03:04 PM
Crow recipies (http://www.thecrowroost.com/RECIPES.htm)

lone_groover
03-24-04, 03:13 PM
Makes me thirsty just to think that TECATE would stick it to FAF and go onto Michel's rear wing.

Looks like I'm gonna have TECATE on one side and CORONA on the other side of my double-reservoir, novelty beer dispensing hard hat!

:thumbup: :p :thumbup:

devilmaster
03-24-04, 03:34 PM
Crow recipies (http://www.thecrowroost.com/RECIPES.htm)

Bruce Bruce Bruce...I respect your zeal..... but PC has a recipe for crow that is specifically designed for IRL types..... tenderloin style crow.... :D

Steve

Steve99
03-24-04, 03:58 PM
What is the “McDonnell – Douglas Show”?

Anteater
03-24-04, 04:01 PM
I see that N/H will be the pit demo team.

I wonder if this puts some legitimacy on the rumor that Tecate stayed with Champ Car and migrated to Jourdain's car as well as Jourdain to N/H.

Tecate is also sponsoring the Saturday night Rock-N-Roar concert. They are definitely supporting the GP! :cool:
http://www.longbeachgp.com/news/2004_03_18.html

cart7
03-24-04, 04:08 PM
Not sure. Boeing bought them out a number of years ago.

jcollins28
03-24-04, 04:38 PM

It's a local stick and ball a.m radio sports talk show.

Ankf00
03-24-04, 04:40 PM
Not sure. Boeing bought them out a number of years ago.

guy I know who's been with Ford engine R&D, he told us today whenever him and his technical group have to fly somewhere, their saying is always "God I hope Boeing's engineers don't goof off as much as we do." :rofl:

pchall
03-24-04, 05:13 PM
I doubt it.... but if he is, I'm sure the Champcar faithful will gently inform him that he made a slight miscalculation.

Pete - where's your recipe for crow? ;)

Steve

Ask and ye shall receive:

Pan Fried Crow -- Tenderloin Style

"So Good You'll Want To Bitch Slap Tony George"

Ingredients

2 eggs
lemon pepper, seasoned bread crumbs or flour
olive oil, butter or bacon grease

Preparation

Cut breast meat medallions from as many crows as required by your level of humiliation. Beat each medallion a with meat hammer (for tenderizing) until it is 1/4 inch thick. Ocassionally stop and beat yourself over the head just because. Dip medallions in beaten egg and then in seasoned bread crumbs or flour. Fry in olive oil and butter in medium hot skillet. Bacon grease can be substituted but can smoke more than a blown Offy. Leave inside a tad pink.

Sides

Serve with eight years of hope shattered by remorse and despair, an ear of corn roasted in husk, and a baked potato with plenty of sour cream and bitter garni.

pchall
03-24-04, 05:19 PM
It's a local stick and ball a.m radio sports talk show.

Damn. I'd been hoping the McDonnell-Douglas Show would be a CANG squadron of F4s laying runway busters down the straights at Fontana... ;)

rabbit
03-24-04, 05:25 PM
Serve with eight years of hope shattered by remorse and despair, an ear of corn roasted in husk, and a baked potato with plenty of sour cream and bitter garni.
:rofl:

lone_groover
03-24-04, 05:48 PM
YUK²

:D

Lizzerd
03-24-04, 06:33 PM
Bruce Bruce Bruce...I respect your zeal..... but PC has a recipe for crow that is specifically designed for IRL types..... tenderloin style crow.... :D

Steve

Ah, yes... Much better, I agree.

KobySon
03-24-04, 07:23 PM
Makes me thirsty just to think that TECATE would stick it to FAF and go onto Michel's rear wing.

Looks like I'm gonna have TECATE on one side and CORONA on the other side of my double-reservoir, novelty beer dispensing hard hat!

:thumbup: :p :thumbup:

:rofl:

Yes! I was feeling guilty drinking up the Tecates I had left (from before Adrian lost his mind)!!! There will be no more of that silliness!

TravelGal
03-25-04, 09:58 PM
Sides

:rofl: But I think that is HALFbaked potato, isn't it?