PDA

View Full Version : Another Year Gone By...

racer2c
03-23-04, 11:06 PM
...and none of my OC brothas could be bothered to click the thumbs up icon or call me a 'playa'!!!!! You all suck!!!!! WB sent me a birthday email, but I suspect that that is forum generated (not that I didn't appreciate it mind you!)

36 is a strange age. I still feel 21 but instead of drinking beer with thirty friends at parties as a player, I drink beer and post messages on an internet racing forum and look for for some dude named l_g to call me a "playa". :( :gomer: :D

My wife got me a set of 30 Craftsmen screwdrivers and an huge New York strip that I threw on the grill. Twas good.

I'm old.

Robstar
03-23-04, 11:20 PM
awww...
Happy Birthday Mate ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

RTKar
03-23-04, 11:38 PM
Happy Birthday :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: , I think you can attach only 3 smilies,otherwise you'd get more.

Cam
03-23-04, 11:42 PM
Crap! Sorry R2! HB Man! :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
03-24-04, 12:53 AM
No internet access at work means no on-time birthday greetings from me. Glad to hear it was a good one. Since we neglected you, here's a special birthday smilie: http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/otn/party/birthday.gif

manic mechanic
03-24-04, 12:54 AM
r2c, you did better than me at that point in my life...You got screwdrivers! :p

I've been asking my wife for the same thing for xmas and birthdays since 4 years before she became my wife!

I still haven't gotten my wish. :(

At any rate, many happy returns, ya playa!

Hope you got so much "bling" that it made you sing!

manic

TravelGal
03-24-04, 01:53 AM
Hey dude you're not old. When you're old, you'll stop counting birthdays!

I'm one of those who is so busy that I rarely write a birthday greeting. My bad. I haven't been around enough to know anyone here unless they were on 7G during my time there. Sounds like I'll get to know you though because you're very interactive with the community. Gosh knows I am too. LOL!

Believe me sweets, you're in your prime. Or was that the steak? :rofl:

Ankf00
03-24-04, 02:15 AM
:thumbup: playa

how's that? ;)

JT265
03-24-04, 10:56 AM
R2C, I can relate, I had to resort to a shameless plug for my birthday, and even then 'Grrl never laid a special smiley on me. :eek: :D

Anyway, NY strip and screwdrivers. Who could slag THAT kinda action? ;)

lone_groover
03-24-04, 11:45 AM
You're 36? Pretty soon we'll be calling you geeza instead of playa around the ol' koffee klatch.

Irregardless, Happy Birthday and things of that nature or what have you.

:thumbup: :) :shakehead ;)

RacinM3
03-24-04, 11:55 AM
HBD r2c!! Paler.....um.....player.....uh....playar!.....

damn, not enough of the 'hood in me I guess....

:thumbup:

racer2c
03-24-04, 11:57 AM
What's more sad, fishing for birthday wishes or fishing for specific birthday wishes? Oh, well, I'm a dork.

We had ice-cream cake at work and they gave me a card. It was right out of Office Space. You know, people coming in for cake that I don't work with, the awkward well wishes. The whole time I'm sitting there thinking about life imitating art and vice versa and how I supposed to be a rock star by the age of 25 but they stopped signing rock bands in 94. You know what this is? ChampCar withdrawals. Come on Long Beach!

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! Oh, I share a birthday with Senna. That is too f'n cool.

RichK
03-24-04, 01:04 PM
Happy Birthday, from one 36 year old to anotha!

I know what you mean about the Office Space cake parties. I always recite a few lines during those moments, but nobody gets it.... :gomer:

anait
03-24-04, 01:33 PM
Sorry, racer!! You da playa man, dood. :p :thumbup:

I love Office Space. We just ordered it from our DVD club. Hey, please keep me updated on all the goodies y'all get from the hardware store, k?? I need suggestions for hubby's birthday every year. I hate going into Cdn Tire and asking 14 yr old stockboys for help...

btw, 36 isn't old. Mr anait is 36, and he's definitely not old. And I turn 35 this year at T-O...will hopefully be doing many things to prove I ain't old, either!! :cool:

rabbit
03-24-04, 02:02 PM
Umm there aren't enough pieces to go around. I didn't get a piece last time.

I could burn the building down.

HB 2c :thumbup:

Anteater
03-24-04, 04:04 PM
It's no fun to be overlooked. Happy belated birthday, racer2c!

nz_climber
03-24-04, 04:28 PM
Happy birfday racer :thumbup:

Railbird
03-24-04, 10:09 PM
happy b'day 2C

fourrunner
03-24-04, 11:01 PM
Happy Birthday Racer2C !!! :thumbup:

I love when folks complain about aging when they're 36... give me a break

I'm a young svelte 54, no aches, no pain ( except for the IRL Nudnicks on the board ;) ) Still have all my hair :)

But since I'm single, I buy my own gifts ... but they're always good, and usually expensive... John Deere 48" Tractor for the estate, this year.

So I have no complaints !!

And Happy belated Birthday to JT265, in case I missed you !

JT265
03-25-04, 11:01 AM
Thanks 4, but in lieu of belated wishes.......

.....just send cash.

:D :D

cartman
03-25-04, 03:23 PM
Happy birthday racer! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I too am in the should've been a rock star by the time I was 25 club. Maybe we should start the "Should've been a rock star by the time I was 25" band. We can bring back arena rock.

racer2c
03-25-04, 04:55 PM
Happy birthday racer! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I too am in the should've been a rock star by the time I was 25 club. Maybe we should start the "Should've been a rock star by the time I was 25" band. We can bring back arena rock.

We need more cowbell!!

RaceGrrl
03-25-04, 07:51 PM
Thanks 4, but in lieu of belated wishes.......

.....just send cash.

:D :D

OK, here you go....

http://home.insight.rr.com/nrcaldwell/images/IRLbucks.jpg

:D (Hey, the joke was there, I had to use it)

lone_groover
03-25-04, 07:58 PM
:D (Hey, the joke was there, I had to use it)

Hey. If it works, why not?

:D :thumbup: :D

JT265
03-26-04, 12:22 AM
Booby and his cousin look very similar, but why is Adrienne trying to perform a lewd act on that chicken?

:p :D