PDA

View Full Version : Travel Question

TedN
03-22-04, 04:23 PM
My sister wants to take a well-deserved vacation with her three teenagers. She is looking for an all-inclusive yet reasonable resort in the Caribbean.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ted

KLang
03-22-04, 04:33 PM
I would think Cancun would have the best assortment of hotels at various price points. Air connections should be plentiful as well. Also wouldn't need a rental car as the bus service up and down the main drag is good and cheap.

TravelGal
03-22-04, 08:59 PM
Carib is far from my specialty (in distance and knowledge. lol!) but I'd say KLang is onto something. Cancun seems, from my vantage point on this here coast here to be a mite safer than Jamaica, which is the other place with lots of nightlife and all-inclusives. My personal fav (having never been there), is St. Lucia but you're getting up into the $$$ there and I'm not sure the all-inclusives allow families (couples only usually).

A cruise is all-inclusive onboard too, ya know. Well, except for the drinkies and the special restaurants.

Well, I sure added a lot to THIS conversation. NOT! :rolleyes:

Turn7
03-22-04, 09:11 PM
If she wants to introduce the teenagers to the partylife then I say Cancun is the place.

If she is looking for a little less nightlife and a bit more family type vacation, then I would suggest something in Playa de Carmen. It has all of the beauty of Cancun and Cozemel but you have to get on a bus or a boat to get to the really jukin' night joints. ie Senor Frogs, ect.