PDA

View Full Version : Jourdain to NHR

rabbit
03-22-04, 03:48 PM
http://www.champweb.net/

We have just received word that Michel Jourdain Jr. has just signed with Newman-Haas Racing who will obviously be sponsored by Gigante. Jourdain was said to be close to signing on with RuSport's second car, but that deal did not materialize in time.

The kicker is, that Tecate is rumored to be on of Jourdain's sponsors and may be on the front wing of his car. Stay tuned as this one unfolds. We expect an announcement very shortly...

Wabbit
03-22-04, 04:17 PM
I seem to remember a couple years ago (2001 maybe), that Newman/Haas was not interested in running 3 cars because they thought it was too much for one team to handle.

Wonder if all the cash had something to do with it.

Spicoli
03-22-04, 04:54 PM
I seem to remember a couple years ago (2001 maybe), that Newman/Haas was not interested in running 3 cars because they thought it was too much for one team to handle.

Wonder if all the cash had something to do with it.

Actually, they were gonna run a 3rd car this year anyway, but Dashley got cold feet or whatever.

Its in Oreo's latest column.

overlandave
03-22-04, 05:28 PM
is there an announcemet on NH yet? I heard yesterday and again today that Forsyth was picking him up :confused:

KLang
03-22-04, 05:34 PM
is there an announcemet on NH yet? I heard yesterday and again today that Forsyth was picking him up :confused:

AR1 is reporting (news not rumor) that Forsythe is running three cars, the third being for PC.

Wheel-Nut
03-22-04, 05:40 PM
I was kind of hoping Jourdain would go to a team besides NHR. Haas seems to teeter on the fence whichever way the wind blows of late.

Spicoli
03-22-04, 05:47 PM
I was kind of hoping Jourdain would go to a team besides NHR. Haas seems to teeter on the fence whichever way the wind blows of late.

But Mr. Newman doesn't :cool:

I'm just gald jourdain stayed and made Rahole look like the prick that he is. For that reason alone, he can drive for whoever he wants whever he wants - in my book.

Can;t wait to cheer for him this year, and I'm usually not a N/H fan at all.

Wheel-Nut
03-22-04, 05:54 PM

I'm just gald jourdain stayed and made Rahole look like the prick that he is. For that reason alone, he can drive for whoever he wants whever he wants - in my book.

Don't get me wrong. I am really glad MJ stayed in Champ Cars, I am also Glad Paul Newman has gone on record with support for the OWRS. But with Haas wanting to run indy this year with Bruno . . . . That's what Chippy did with Montoya and look where he ended up.

Spicoli
03-22-04, 05:59 PM
Don't get me wrong. I am really glad MJ stayed in Champ Cars, I am also Glad Paul Newman has gone on record with support for the OWRS. But with Haas wanting to run indy this year with Bruno . . . . That's what Chippy did with Montoya and look where he ended up.

I agree! Let's hope Mr. Newman sticks around til he's 100! I don't trust Carl - and my pals who support Junky know I am pizzed at them going to do the one-off EARL thing. But N/H is one of the premier teams we have around.

Railbird
03-22-04, 07:27 PM
Something to ponder:

Haas's vaunted Indy effort is housed in the old Pac West Indylights hovel.

Nice place for a good sprintcar outfit but hardly a shop for a full time Carl Haas effort.

Ziggy
03-22-04, 07:34 PM
Bolt together stock crapwagons dont need a big engineering arm, eh?

Bet they stay up late worrying if they are gonna get in the show. Cars will come from Chicago race prepped, then over to the Honda "tune up shop" prior to race

Ziggy

eric1
03-22-04, 09:36 PM
Jourdain will not be with NH.

Railbird
03-22-04, 09:50 PM
Rusport?

as long as it adds to the car count I don't care

Bob_S.
03-22-04, 10:00 PM

You don't think OWRS, Paul, (and maybe even Carl) saw this as a way to clean-out the clubhouse, do you? ;)
"Yeah Bobby, we're all going to jump ship. I wouldn't get caught at the end of the line". :rofl:

eric1
03-22-04, 10:01 PM
I dont know where he's going but I know its not NH.

Turn7
03-22-04, 10:08 PM

Justify that statement. Are you involved with Jourdain, Gigante or N/H that would allow you that information?

Spicoli
03-22-04, 10:34 PM
Justify that statement. Are you involved with Jourdain, Gigante or N/H that would allow you that information?

Yeah - what gives?

I do know that a team who inquired about Michel and running him was told today (this afternoon) the deal is done with an existing team.

Who else could run him?

Or is he going to wind up at...............HEMELGARN!? :saywhat:

:gomer: lmao...

rabbit
03-23-04, 01:15 PM
Personally, I'd like to see Jourdain end up at RuSport. I think, especially given his background coming up so young, that he'd be a great fit with Dinger. His experience would help A.J. and A.J.'s aggression would push Jourdain. RuSport could be the next superteam if they put these two together, IMHO.

theunions
03-30-04, 07:26 PM

Just in:

Champ Car Media Teleconference Alert

WHO: RuSPORT team owner Carl Russo and driver Michel Jourdain Jr. will
announce their plans for the 2004 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car
World Series Powered by Ford.

WHEN: Wednesday, March 31, 12 p.m. Eastern Time.

Ankf00
03-30-04, 07:32 PM
does this mean we chalk up another one to champweb?

Insomniac
03-30-04, 08:24 PM
does this mean we chalk up another one to champweb?

They said N/H racing.

On a side note, I started reading it at the top and realized a few posts down the thread was a week old. I hate it when that happens.

Ankf00
03-30-04, 09:18 PM
They said N/H racing.

I know, sarcasm ;)

pinniped
03-30-04, 10:04 PM
that is one of the more normal things they have predicted...actually in all seriousness their site has much improved...it used to be ghastly

Railbird
03-30-04, 10:13 PM
Miller mentioned RuSport on the Truth March 22.

Jay
03-30-04, 10:27 PM
lol...if there's one thing I've learned about this business from simply following it and from covering it, you can't believe anything until it happens. I've had people lie to my face in interviews about their personal intentions, so I'm not sure why any "insiders" would be any more believable. Most recently, Adrian Fernandez being all gung-ho about CART to an interviewer, only to stab the series in the back a few days later.

Anyway, just a small rant I had to let out, back to the positive things - we have a new car :thumbup:!

Ziggy
03-31-04, 12:06 AM
Miller did say it was RuSports on Monday. That being said, I heard from a NH employee that MJ was going to run a third car for them, two weeks ago...

If this is the only thing Im wrong about this month, things are looking up

Ziggy

Insomniac
03-31-04, 10:42 AM
I know, sarcasm ;)

I wasn't 100% sure. :)

datachicane
03-31-04, 12:43 PM
that is one of the more normal things they have predicted...actually in all seriousness their site has much improved...it used to be ghastly

Agreed- Champweb used to be further on the fringes of reality than even AR1, but they've definitely toned things down as of late. I don't think the editorial staff at the CSM is exactly shaking in their boots, but I haven't seen anything in a while on Champweb that made me roll my eyes.

dreamracer
03-31-04, 01:59 PM
Just read Jourdain has been announced by Carl Russo as going to RuSport ....Officially. :)

Audi_A4
03-31-04, 02:37 PM
here is the link http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7608

Ankf00
03-31-04, 03:11 PM
Agreed- Champweb used to be further on the fringes of reality than even AR1, but they've definitely toned things down as of late. I don't think the editorial staff at the CSM is exactly shaking in their boots, but I haven't seen anything in a while on Champweb that made me roll my eyes.

in fairness to them, everyone rolled their eyes at their honda IRL 3.5 testing at motegi rumor and their andretti takeover of green rumor

Nosuchsoul
03-31-04, 03:29 PM
WHat is taking CART.com so long to post A.J. Allmendinger under the driver listing? He's been confirmed for over a month. At this rate, Justin Wilson will be posted by Milwaukee.

dreamracer
03-31-04, 03:35 PM
WHat is taking CART.com so long to post A.J. Allmendinger under the driver listing? He's been confirmed for over a month. At this rate, Justin Wilson will be posted by Milwaukee.

No kidding.

It took them no time at all to erase Adrian.

Current list:

Geoff Boss
Sebastien Bourdais
Patrick Carpentier
Mario Dominguez
Roberto Gonzalez
Mario Haberfeld
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Michel Jourdain Jr.
Bruno Junqueira
Rodolfo Lavin
Tiago Monteiro
Roberto Moreno
Gualter Salles
Mika Salo
Oriol Servia
Alex Tagliani
Paul Tracy
Jimmy Vasser

devilmaster
03-31-04, 03:40 PM
No kidding.

It took them no time at all to erase Adrian.

I assume, (and its just me assuming) that once all the announcements are done, probably the week of or before long beach, the IT guys will update everything as much as they can. So you'll see the new drivers, teams, etc.

Steve

JLMannin
03-31-04, 03:47 PM
I assume, (and its just me assuming) that once all the announcements are done, probably the week of or before long beach, the IT guys will update everything as much as they can. So you'll see the new drivers, teams, etc.

Steve

Seems reasonable, since that is exactly what happenned last year.