PDA

View Full Version : Any AtlasF1 subscribers here?

Hot Rod Otis
01-30-03, 06:19 PM
Just wondering if, in your opinion it is worth it? I've never paid for a web site before and had no desire to. However I enjoyed AtlasF1 and missed it since it went to a pay sight. Plus I hate paying $7 a pop for F1 Racing or F1 and getting 2 month old news and race recaps and race previews of races that are long over. Plus if I have to read another gushing, fawning F1Racing article on Jenson Button, I'm gonna hurl. I figure if I stopped buying those rags, an Atlas subscription would pay for itself in about 3 or 4 months. Any opinions out there?

mnkywrch
01-30-03, 06:30 PM
:thumbup: for AtlasF1.

You get a weekly 'magazine' with race previews & reviews, columns from drivers (last year was Fisi) and other folks like Jo Ramierz(sp) and Anne Bradshaw, great feature stories, all the news & rumors, photos, and FORIX... for like $4 a month or so.

And, as you say, good luck finding that kind of print coverage for F1 in America.

01-30-03, 10:02 PM
I do not subscribed to Atlas, but I do use the forums..

Hink
01-31-03, 01:16 PM
FORIX only - There's a lot of pics I never saw back in the day and even more that were before my time. For $1 / month it's almost free anyhow.

Joe in LA
02-03-03, 12:47 PM
Another subscriber. A lot of the regular news that is on there can be found elsewhere, but the articles are worth it.

Chaos
02-03-03, 05:07 PM
therein lyes the key. if you want articles, you have to pay. News items are found everywhere...there are many other information sites (not just racing) like that

molive
02-04-03, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 911
I do not subscribed to Atlas, but I do use the forums..

ditto.

I felt a bit betrayed when they went subscription (I used to read it since the early begginings). Anyway, I get lots of fresh info from the bbs and from brazilian sites.

mnkywrch
02-04-03, 10:12 AM
Why did you feel betrayed?

I mean, the choices were go out of business or go subscription.

The era of free on the Net is OVER.

molive
02-04-03, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Why did you feel betrayed?

I mean, the choices were go out of business or go subscription.

or so they say...

I already pay for my provider. Actually "betrayed" was a bit too much. More like disappointed. It's not the money, really, its just a matter of priorities. ;)

Hink
02-05-03, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch

Not here :)

Thanks WB

Hot Rod Otis
02-05-03, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the scoop 'wrench. An AtlasF1 subscription is looking better and better. I thumbed through the latest issues of F1 & F1Racing tonite @ Barnes & Noble and what a waste of money they both are. F1Racing had yet another "in depth" Jenson Button article.:rolleyes: