PDA

View Full Version : Still Hope for McLaren?

solpadeine
03-19-04, 09:02 AM
Are the McLarens looking better, or are they on light fuel loads vs. Ferrari on full tanks? Will it be another Ferrari front row once qualifying is all said and done? I'm thinking Michelin won't look so hot come qualifying, but it sure was nice to see my man at the top of the chart at least once.

Joe in LA
03-19-04, 01:12 PM
Looked better, but Friday is often very misleading. We'll get a much better idea tonight.

Railbird
03-20-04, 11:13 AM
Kimi did a nice job of bootstrapping it while DC continued on down the path toward retirement. The question now is how long the Ilmor will last in the heat.

oddlycalm
03-20-04, 03:12 PM
Kimi did a nice job of bootstrapping it while DC continued on down the path toward retirement. The question now is how long the Ilmor will last in the heat.

The long term question is how long Benz will be content to remain stuck at Ilmor performance and reliability levels in the face of the competition they now face. They will have boost their driving talent for 2005, but one is left wondering of the car will be equal to the task.

oc

4wheeldrifter
03-21-04, 11:26 AM
DNF numero two-oh for Lil' Mika. Guess Merc has got their work cut out for them. :thumdown:

DaveL
03-21-04, 12:25 PM
There is nothing wrong with the McLarens that putting one or both of the Laziers in the cars can't fix.

Oh wait, this isn't TF.

Sorry :gomer:

stroker
03-21-04, 01:44 PM
I don't understand what McLaren's doing...

Start with a fresh engine in the pit lane with a full load of fuel. Make up the positions with one less pit stop. Jeezuz... Why keep grenading engines?

Insomniac
03-21-04, 08:13 PM
I don't understand what McLaren's doing...

Start with a fresh engine in the pit lane with a full load of fuel. Make up the positions with one less pit stop. Jeezuz... Why keep grenading engines?

Alonso took on that full load and couldn't even catch back up with Coultard with one less stop. And he was clearly faster. One less stop won't work everywhere and it doesn't help that the pit lane speed limit was increased.