PDA

View Full Version : "Pictures of Mexico"

rabbit
03-18-04, 07:46 PM
Bob Varsha's take on his first WRC event: (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/10257/)

Good read. :thumbup: Makes me want to make the trip to Leon next year.

Forza Lancia
03-23-04, 12:45 PM
I just got back from Leon a few days ago myself -- and I definitely recommended it for any rally fan. Bob Varsha's descriptions are all pretty accurate (aside from the fact that it's the Peugeot, not the Citroen, that "began life as a convertible") -- in fact, I saw Bob walking through the service area, but, as I was merely a spectator on the other side of the railing, I didn't get to talk to him. I did get Nicky Grist's autograph at the airport the next morning, though -- and I sat next to Francois Duval on the flight back to Houston! But, in any case, the rally was very well-organized, the stages are fantanstic (with so few trees, it's possible to see the cars coming and going for long distances), and the old city of Guanajuato (where the ceremonial start took place on Thursday) is not to be missed. The only hard part was driving through the old mining tunnels beneath the city which now serve as extra roads, complete with underground intersections -- but no stop signs...

turn1
03-23-04, 03:02 PM
I agree Rabbitt - it does sound like a blast!