PDA

View Full Version : Jourdain/Gigante to Newman/Haas Rumor

KLang
03-18-04, 07:53 AM
That is the rumor at both AR1 and Paddocktalk.

If true, the superteam for 2004?

pchall
03-18-04, 08:01 AM
That is the rumor at both AR1 and Paddocktalk.

If true, the superteam for 2004?

Three championship capable drivers on one team? I'd be concerned that too many resources are gathered in one place at the expense of the rest of the series.

Insomniac
03-18-04, 09:20 AM
I'd be surprised. We now know Rahal can't take Gigante to the IRL. So in this scenarion. either he would move to a 2 car team there or stay a 1 car team and either way lose Jourdain/Gigante. I'd expect him to take the Gigante money as long as he can and if Honda wants to pony up more for a 2 car team, he'd do that too.

KLang
03-18-04, 10:24 AM
Three championship capable drivers on one team? I'd be concerned that too many resources are gathered in one place at the expense of the rest of the series.

I agree it would be nice to spread the sponsorship money around but if you were Gigante and Jourdain, which teams would you want to run with?

Anyone know if Gigante sells Newmans Own brand stuff?

Ed_Severson
03-18-04, 11:04 AM
"I agree it would be nice to spread the sponsorship money around but if you were Gigante and Jourdain, which teams would you want to run with?"

I'm not so sure it would be a great idea. He'd have good equipment for certain, but keeping your focus with a three-car operation is a pretty tricky venture, and not one that Newman-Haas has any sort of experience with.

Personally, I think he'd be better off staying with Rahal or moving to a team that, as of right now, only has one entry.

Wabbit
03-18-04, 12:33 PM
"I agree it would be nice to spread the sponsorship money around but if you were Gigante and Jourdain, which teams would you want to run with?"

I'm not so sure it would be a great idea. He'd have good equipment for certain, but keeping your focus with a three-car operation is a pretty tricky venture, and not one that Newman-Haas has any sort of experience with.

Personally, I think he'd be better off staying with Rahal or moving to a team that, as of right now, only has one entry.

Maybe he'll take the money to Forsythe and Paul could be out looking for a ride. :p

Racing Truth
03-18-04, 03:41 PM

Well, if Rahal doesn't really want to be in ChampCar, that can't be a great situation. Anywhere else, other than PKVR (which was also rumored), would be an inferior situation, IMHO. So if this works out, then everyone wins here.

Champcar gets rid of a disgruntled owner, but keep Jourdain/Gigante in ChampCar.