PDA

View Full Version : N / H Testing

Wheel-Nut
03-17-04, 05:04 PM
Some good news.

SPEED TV LINK (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/10262/)

Insomniac
03-17-04, 07:20 PM
Is the Fontana road course a good track? I don't recall ChampCar teams testing there in the past.

Railbird
03-17-04, 07:55 PM
the infield section can be chopped up into a streetcourse testing configuration, I doubt they take to the banks.

Racing Truth
03-17-04, 08:20 PM
the infield section can be chopped up into a streetcourse testing configuration, I doubt they take to the banks.

Agreed. Not good for an OW car set up for a road course. Sportscars (Grand-Am, quasi-sportscars) do run the infield and banking.

indyfan31
03-17-04, 09:12 PM
They used to test at Buttonwillow Raceway to prep for Long Beach, I haven't heard if they'll be there this year.

jcollins28
03-18-04, 12:00 PM
I went out there and did not see them run it on the banks. Andretti's team was there though filming a commercial.

RichK
03-18-04, 12:24 PM
They used to test at Buttonwillow Raceway to prep for Long Beach, I haven't heard if they'll be there this year.

If the Long Beach circuit is ever cluster-bombed, then Buttonwillow will be the perfect preparation for the LBGP! I think I still have a few fillings somewhere in Turn 2 at Buttonwillow.

Insomniac
03-18-04, 05:17 PM
I went out there and did not see them run it on the banks. Andretti's team was there though filming a commercial.

I wonder how badly they were itching to hop back in a ChampCar?