PDA

View Full Version : large explosion in baghdad near hotel where westerners housed

champcarfan01
03-17-04, 01:41 PM
car bombing on cnn now :flame:

TrueBrit
03-17-04, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with racing???

I don't mean to be a cold-hearted bastard, but the bottom line this happened was because of a political decision. Some agree with that decision, others don't, but the entire conversation in this forum would devolve into a political one, and that is verboten here....So I am sorry if appear cold, but I'm not the one that made up the rules that won't allow for this sort of debate...

champcarfan01
03-17-04, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with racing???

I don't mean to be a cold-hearted bastard, but the bottom line this happened was because of a political decision. Some agree with that decision, others don't, but the entire conversation in this forum would devolve into a political one, and that is verboten here....So I am sorry if appear cold, but I'm not the one that made up the rules that won't allow for this sort of debate...

community
General Discussion -- Other sports, entertainment, work, life... just no politics, please.

Im terribly sorry maybe next time I'll put it in the champcar forum. Did I say anything about politics? If I did please let me know.

I believe this would fall under the life section of the communty area. This is whats going on over in Iraq, many of us have friends and family over there so that is also whats going on in their lives. There were westerners at this hotel.

This is a community forum. Screw politics I was just letting people know what happened. If you dont like this post dont respond. :flame:

TrueBrit
03-17-04, 02:21 PM
And do you really think this bombing would have happened if there weren't US forces there? How can this be anything BUT political in nature....

And BTW I have already lost someone in this conflict...so :mad: back at ya..... :flame:

KLang
03-17-04, 02:24 PM
TB, this topic wouldn't have to be political. You are making it so.

Wheel-Nut
03-17-04, 02:40 PM

G.
03-17-04, 02:45 PM
TB, this topic wouldn't have to be political. You are making it so.Zacktly. This one stayed poly-free:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3646&page=1&pp=25

champcarfan01
03-17-04, 02:48 PM
And do you really think this bombing would have happened if there weren't US forces there? How can this be anything BUT political in nature....

And BTW I have already lost someone in this conflict...so :mad: back at ya..... :flame:

Wow i dont know what to say.

first off im sorry for your loss just as im sorry for the loss of the hundreds of other soldiers...workers...innocent men women and children.

2nd of all dont assume my political position regarding this matter. This is not a political forum so this isnt the place for me to discuss my opinion on weather or not US troops should be over there. I was simply stating fact...that this attack happened.

3rd Relax, take a deep breath and read the posts on this board for what they are not what you think they are.

I think this conversation is becoming a bit to tense for me insert smiley face here :rofl: aahhh there we go that makes me feel better

nrc
03-17-04, 02:57 PM
So I am sorry if appear cold, but I'm not the one that made up the rules that won't allow for this sort of debate...

You didn't make the rules and you're not in the one in charge of interpreting or enforcing them. If you're concerned about this topic there's an option to report it to the moderator. If you want to moderate a forum go and start your own.

TrueBrit
03-17-04, 03:49 PM
You didn't make the rules and you're not in the one in charge of interpreting or enforcing them. If you're concerned about this topic there's an option to report it to the moderator. If you want to moderate a forum go and start your own.

Yes mom...shall I take out the trash too??? :shakehead

cart7
03-17-04, 07:39 PM
4 ;)

RacinM3
03-17-04, 07:47 PM

RaceGrrl
03-17-04, 08:18 PM

Yes. While you're at it.

nrc
03-17-04, 08:58 PM

I don't know. Can you bag yourself up and still walk?

:D

pinniped
03-18-04, 12:04 AM
Hey hey hey, easy on truebrit there, he's just a little on edge because the Irish get all the attention for drinking beer today