PDA

View Full Version : Happy Amateur Drinking Day! (better known at St. Pats)

devilmaster
03-17-04, 11:50 AM
http://www.shamrock.org/files/images/btm_25.gif

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Steve

dirtyboy
03-17-04, 12:13 PM
http://www.shamrock.org/files/images/btm_25.gif

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Steve

Im drunkt

rosawendel
03-17-04, 12:27 PM
don't forget to get your brackets in!

Wally
03-17-04, 12:41 PM
Ai me Laddy :thumbup:

Anteater
03-17-04, 01:02 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! I'll be staying home and cooking corned beef and cabbage--no way am I venturing out on the streets with all those drunks loose! :p And just to make it a really interesting night, we've been blessed with pea-soup fog lately.

Interesting factoids:
St. Patrick was actually Welsh, not Irish. He was captured by Irish pirates at a young age, and sold into slavery in Ireland.

Traditional Irish fare was originally bacon and cabbage. Irish immigrants living in New York City learned about corned beef--which was cheaper than bacon--from their Jewish neighbors.

lone_groover
03-17-04, 03:50 PM
EVERYBODY is IRISH today!

...glad it's only ONE DAY.

SIKE!!! HA HA

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!

:)

Sean O'Gorman
03-17-04, 04:30 PM
EVERYBODY is IRISH today!

...glad it's only ONE DAY.

SIKE!!! HA HA

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!

Hey! Not funny! ;)

racer2c
03-17-04, 04:39 PM
My name is Sean too. Sean Malone. We dropped the O' when we came to America. Sean is gaelic for John. Just as Ian, Juan and Jean are also 'John'. My sisters name is Erin which of course means Ireland.

I like beer and hate snakes. :)

G.
03-17-04, 05:07 PM
It's my birthday today, so can I get REALLY drunk? :) And be REALLY Irish?

Wheel-Nut
03-17-04, 05:11 PM
Heres to you, and heres to me
and may we never disagree.
But should we, . . . to hell with you,
and heres to f***in' me!!

mapguy
03-17-04, 05:12 PM
Wow. 10 replies into a drinking thread and no reply from Warlock! WTF? :confused: :saywhat:

G.
03-17-04, 05:57 PM
Wow. 10 replies into a drinking thread and no reply from Warlock! WTF? :confused: :saywhat:Too drunk to post?? :p

Cam
03-17-04, 06:01 PM
WooHoo! Beer o'clock! :thumbup: :D

Fitti Fan
03-17-04, 06:05 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!! My last name used to have an "O" too, but it got lost on its way over here, O'Hanrahan----nice eh?

Corned beef and cabbage are in the oven. Then it's out we go for some freshly brewed Irish Amber at the local microbrewery!!

Have a good one everybody.

"May you have all the happiness and Luck that life can hold.
At the end of all your rainbows, may you find a pot of gold."

pinniped
03-17-04, 06:39 PM
I look forward to ANK and MHF's postings!

Railbird
03-17-04, 07:34 PM
The Gaughans left the O back in County Cork four generations ago.

My taste for green beer died about the time it became legal for me to buy it.

Amateur day.

Back in the day, when I was just a young lad, I remember sitting around with the paternal side(the non racefan side) of my family watching my grandfather (old Irish cop with his false teeth stashed in his coat pocket) and my great uncle Ed (whiskey salesman recovering from having about half hist stomach lost to ulcers) downing Seagrams best until the broke into song.

No "Irish Eyes are smilin" for these ol sons of the emerald isle. The cheerful ditties they crooned were more along the lines of "The Letter Edged in Black" and the "Boxcar up Ahead". You know, a little death and loss to celebrate the day.

Then they would moan about the "the troubles" and the "Black and Tan" for a whilee before sauntering down to the local and dropping a few bucks in the jar for the boys in the IRA.

Happy no-snake day

Robstar
03-17-04, 07:36 PM
It's my birthday today, so can I get REALLY drunk? :) And be REALLY Irish?

Happy B'day G-man... :)

JohnHKart
03-17-04, 08:46 PM
I have an every Wed Thursday gig in Santa Ana at the Fling....the place should be packed tonight, can't wait!

John

racer2c
03-17-04, 09:06 PM
The Gaughans left the O back in County Cork four generations ago.

My taste for green beer died about the time it became legal for me to buy it.

Amateur day.

Back in the day, when I was just a young lad, I remember sitting around with the paternal side(the non racefan side) of my family watching my grandfather (old Irish cop with his false teeth stashed in his coat pocket) and my great uncle Ed (whiskey salesman recovering from having about half hist stomach lost to ulcers) downing Seagrams best until the broke into song.

No "Irish Eyes are smilin" for these ol sons of the emerald isle. The cheerful ditties they crooned were more along the lines of "The Letter Edged in Black" and the "Boxcar up Ahead". You know, a little death and loss to celebrate the day.

Then they would moan about the "the troubles" and the "Black and Tan" for a whilee before sauntering down to the local and dropping a few bucks in the jar for the boys in the IRA.

Happy no-snake day

Excellent snapshot 'bird. I dug it. :thumbup:

Warlock!
03-17-04, 10:01 PM
Wow. 10 replies into a drinking thread and no reply from Warlock! WTF? :confused: :saywhat:
I ain't Irish.

Amateur drinkin' day indeed. If I sat around and waited with great anticipation for a single day get loaded, I'd consider myself to have a drinking problem.

I don't need no stinking reason...

Viola! No problem...

Winter Warlock!

Hard Driver
03-17-04, 10:08 PM
The Irish...Forget everything but the grudges...

Trust me, I married one. ;)

rabbit
03-17-04, 10:27 PM
A Englishman, a Scotsman, and a Irishman walk into a pub. They each order a pint of Guiness, when all of a sudden a fly lands in each pint.
The Englishman looks at the fly and pushes his Guiness away in disgust.
The Scotsman looks at the fly, picks it out and finishes the rest of his pint.
The Irishman looks at the fly, picks it out and starts yelling "SPIT IT OUT!!!!! SPIT IT OUT YA BASTARD!!!!!!"

fourrunner
03-17-04, 11:19 PM
Amateur Drinking Day?

What the Heck is a Professional Drinker, and do you really want to be known as one? ;)

Robstar
03-17-04, 11:20 PM
A Englishman, a Scotsman, and a Irishman walk into a pub. They each order a pint of Guiness, when all of a sudden a fly lands in each pint.
The Englishman looks at the fly and pushes his Guiness away in disgust.
The Scotsman looks at the fly, picks it out and finishes the rest of his pint.
The Irishman looks at the fly, picks it out and starts yelling "SPIT IT OUT!!!!! SPIT IT OUT YA BASTARD!!!!!!"

:rofl: :rofl:

How true, God bless 'em... :)