Add Another Mexican to the list:

http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5427

the pieces are falling into place rapidly! :thumbup:

rabbit
01-30-03, 04:15 PM
http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/other/bandit.gif

JLMannin
01-30-03, 04:16 PM
So counting the second N/H seat, that is 16 cars that are rock solid confirmed. It's good to see Walker running a two-car team as well.

When 18 plus take to the track at St Pete, I expect a full retraction from Forrest K. Bond.

DaveL
01-30-03, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
When 18 plus take to the track at St Pete, I expect a full retraction from Forrest K. Bond.

Bond has been predicting CART's inability to answer the bell since 2000. Maybe he figures if he writes the same thing every year, one year he'll actually be right.

As for Lavin, he's filler and nothing more but every series those types.

trubritz
01-30-03, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
As for Lavin, he's filler and nothing more but every series those types. [/QUOTE]

Of all the drivers who've been around the feeder series (Lights and Atlantics), Lavin is the last one I'd have picked to make it to CART. IIRC he holds the record for most Lights starts without a win.

Regardless, another car is another car and will make for better racing, not to mention it will prove the abilities of the "front runners" to make timely passes on track.

Add to that the rookies like Rodolfo will get schooled in that same art (which will only serve to enhance their skills), and the races later in the season will get better and better, when these same drivers use what they've learned to greter effect.

Wankers are the likes of Vitolo, Nearburg et al; Lavin is IMO more in the mould of a Jourdain type, i.e will struggle early but may produce a glimmer of talent that will, with the right hands, be nurtured into something bigger and better. It remains to be seen if Walker Racing is the team to do that.

Dr. Corkski
01-30-03, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by trubritz
Add to that the rookies like Rodolfo will get schooled in that same art (which will only serve to enhance their skills), and the races later in the season will get better and better, when these same drivers use what they've learned to greter effect.

Wankers are the likes of Vitolo, Nearburg et al; Lavin is IMO more in the mould of a Jourdain type, i.e will struggle early but may produce a glimmer of talent that will, with the right hands, be nurtured into something bigger and better. It remains to be seen if Walker Racing is the team to do that. Lavin has been getting schooled in Lights and Atlantics, and he still hasn't learned enough to have more wins than groover's favorite driver Sam Hornish. ;)

Manning will blow Lavin away. Lavin is more like a slower version of Jourdain.

Hurling Frootmig
01-30-03, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
So counting the second N/H seat, that is 16 cars that are rock solid confirmed. It's good to see Walker running a two-car team as well.

Forrest will just deny he wrote it and then write it again next year. I count 17 cars as of today.

nrc
01-30-03, 11:41 PM
The sad thing about it is that Bond went beyond simply saying that Pook wouldn't be able to put together a field for next year or that CART would run out of money. He claimed that Pook was knowingly lying about his ability to put together a field for next year. That borders on libel.

mnkywrch
01-31-03, 09:14 AM
As for Lavin, he's filler and nothing more but every series those types.

He's not you entered under a false name with funding from Kellner, is he?

;)

DaveL
01-31-03, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
He's not you entered under a false name with funding from Kellner, is he?

You'll find out at St. Pete.

mnkywrch
01-31-03, 12:24 PM
You'll find out at St. Pete.

Hey, you can't get a Cosworth to last three laps in a sim. I tremble at the number of inches you'd get a real one to go before blowing it to bits.

:laugh: :rofl: ;)

DaveL
01-31-03, 05:41 PM
Hey, you can't get a Cosworth to last three laps in a sim. I tremble at the number of inches you'd get a real one to go before blowing it to bits.

The '03 Cosworth XF is a tad more reliable than the '67 DFV. But then again, a used Yugo is more reliable than a '67 Lotus/Cosworth.

mnkywrch
01-31-03, 05:46 PM
The '03 Cosworth XF is a tad more reliable than the '67 DFV. But then again, a used Yugo is more reliable than a '67 Lotus/Cosworth.

Sour grapes...

How you can drive one of those tintops but not handle an F1 car with no wings is beyond me.

;)

DaveL
01-31-03, 11:03 PM
How you can drive one of those tintops but not handle an F1 car with no wings is beyond me.

Oh, I can handle it.

Driving the car is easy. No problemo there. Keeping the engine or transmission in one piece is the hard part.

oddlycalm
02-03-03, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by nrc
The sad thing about it is that Bond went beyond simply saying that Pook wouldn't be able to put together a field for next year or that CART would run out of money. He claimed that Pook was knowingly lying about his ability to put together a field for next year. That borders on libel.

Indeed. Bond is among the worst. There are a few other gas bags that will also have a lot to answer for as CART's season unfolds, and I plan on reminding several of them as the season progresses. I think some of them felt CART wasn't going to be around, so they could say what they wanted. My guess is that we will hear a few loud screeches as some of these clowns reverse course in a big hurry. Should CART regain it's former stature, some of these guys have said things that can't really be unsaid very gracefully.

tomahawk
02-03-03, 11:22 PM
I agree with the sentiments of many in this thread - Lavin's not the most deserving of a CART ride. Sort of a joke that he's made it to CART meanwhile Jeff Simmons, two-time Barber Pro champ, who outperformed him by a wide margin in Lights, is trying to rekindle his career in the Winter Fran-Am series.

But that's racin'!

:tomahawk

CART2Day
02-06-03, 11:29 AM
http://www.cart.com/Content/Photos/2003/By400/20030204P_0010.jpg

Well, the CAR looks cool if nothing else! :p