PDA

View Full Version : More On Carpentier

TedN
03-16-04, 09:37 AM
Story Here. (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/03/16/383871.html)

I sure hope this situation gets rectified soon.

Ted

Insomniac
03-16-04, 10:31 AM
PKVR doesn't seem like a bad place to end up. Salo had helped a good bit. Having JV and Carp together can't be bad.

rabbit
03-16-04, 01:11 PM
Ouch. The treatment Carpentier has received in this has been absolutely rotten. It is a big blot on Forsythe's reputation as far as I'm concerned. But Pat has handled it all with absolute class. He deserves much, much better.

JoeBob
03-16-04, 01:15 PM
Forsythe pulled rides out from under signed drivers before - but he's also taken care of them. Pat should talk with Bryan Herta and Alex Tagliani. They both did okay after Forsythe parked 'em.

nrc
03-16-04, 01:23 PM
I'm waiting to see what Forsythe pulls out. Only when the cars hit the grid in Long Beach will we know whether this is a mad scramble or Forsythe is just playing his cards close to the vest.

rabbit
03-16-04, 01:25 PM
Forsythe pulled rides out from under signed drivers before - but he's also taken care of them. Pat should talk with Bryan Herta and Alex Tagliani. They both did okay after Forsythe parked 'em.Where has Herta's career gone since GF let him go? Arguably the best American road racer of his generation is stuck driving in circles.

That said, I am not so much upset with the fact that GF took his ride away, but the fact that Pat had to find out from his teammate while he was packing to go to the season preview. GF hires a talentless ride buyer and wants to farm a proven race winner out to some low-buck team he's leasing Reynards to? Can you say double dipping? Sounds like a pretty raw deal to me.

The Three Amigos hiring all the ride buyers and leaving the low-end team in the lurch is another example of why we shouldn't have team owners running the series. :thumdown:

mueber
03-16-04, 05:18 PM
Ya know, getting a call from your team mate that you are out is not right, and it should not have happened, but it isn't as if Forsythe is obligated to provide Carpentier a great ride. The obligation to buy Canadian is past, and Carpentier has always been weaker than the team's leading driver.

I like the guy, and he should be in the series, but better drivers are out there, and they don't have rides and sponsorship either.

Insomniac
03-16-04, 11:23 PM
Where has Herta's career gone since GF let him go? Arguably the best American road racer of his generation is stuck driving in circles.

Was Herta with Rahal before or after Forsythe?

Insomniac
03-16-04, 11:25 PM
Ya know, getting a call from your team mate that you are out is not right, and it should not have happened, but it isn't as if Forsythe is obligated to provide Carpentier a great ride. The obligation to buy Canadian is past, and Carpentier has always been weaker than the team's leading driver.

I like the guy, and he should be in the series, but better drivers are out there, and they don't have rides and sponsorship either.

I would think if you're a driver who signs a contract to drive for someone, you should expect to drive for them. It works both ways. PC couldn't go find another ride while under contract. Sure he'll get paid his salary, but what about potential prize money and auditioning for 2005?

theunions
03-16-04, 11:40 PM

Rahal: 1996-99
Forsythe Championship Racing: 2000-01

Insomniac
03-17-04, 12:07 AM
Rahal: 1996-99
Forsythe Championship Racing: 2000-01

Thanks. Too bad PK Racing didn't work out last year.

losedagrooves
03-18-04, 11:25 AM

You're kidding, right?

FRANKY
03-18-04, 11:41 AM
Sure he'll get paid his salary, but what about potential prize money and auditioning for 2005?

He's out of the loop, it's plain and simple. I think he's going to be a Rahal driver.

Insomniac
03-18-04, 05:14 PM
You're kidding, right?

I can't keep it all straight. I could've looked it up I suppose.

Insomniac
03-18-04, 05:16 PM
He's out of the loop, it's plain and simple. I think he's going to be a Rahal driver.

In the IRL? No way GF lets that happen.

FRANKY
03-18-04, 05:20 PM
In the IRL? No way GF lets that happen.

GF has to either field a car for him, or release him. Carp has right to approve of any trade. I see him driving for Rahal simply because his agent was exploring that route a couple years ago.

Insomniac
03-18-04, 06:12 PM
GF has to either field a car for him, or release him. Carp has right to approve of any trade. I see him driving for Rahal simply because his agent was exploring that route a couple years ago.

GF can just pay him his salary and force him to sit out the entire year if he wants. I don't know any other details, so he may be able to okay where he ends up.