PDA

View Full Version : Dihydrogen-Monoxide - the quiet killer

RacinM3
03-15-04, 08:15 PM
http://www.dhmo.org/truth/Dihydrogen-Monoxide.html

Looks like the city of Aliso Viejo wanted to ban styrofoam cups at city events because it turns out this stuff is used in their manufacture.

"It's found in every stream and river! It's a major component in acid rain! It corrodes metal!"

Be afraid......be very afraid..... :thumbup:

lone_groover
03-15-04, 09:31 PM
Oh man! Thanks for the heads-up.....

I've given up brewed coffee. Found out it was FULL of the stuff. EVEN DECAF!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lizzerd
03-15-04, 10:18 PM
I've heard of this stuff. Everyone who has ever died has consumed it.

SID
03-15-04, 10:29 PM
Given my lifestyle for a big chunk of my adult years, I think this stuff is right there with "new car smell" as the least of my worries as to what eventually takes me out.

But I'll warn my 3 year old. Her only vice is "Clifford, The Big Red Dog"

Dr. Corkski
03-15-04, 10:32 PM
:laugh: I remember having to review this site a few years ago for class!

During the course of my "research" I found that this molecule is being sold in large quantities in Coors Light cans.

JoeBob
03-15-04, 10:50 PM
Be careful around that stuff - if you inhale it, it can be fatal!

EDwardo
03-16-04, 12:12 AM
Am I going to die? I was out this afternoon and got drenched in the stuff. It was falling from the sky!!!!! It just isn't fair. No one warned me.....

sadams
03-16-04, 08:01 AM
It's even worse in it's solid state. Here in New England we're in line to get buried in it tonight and tomorrow. Send help. Do it for the children. (Sorry Mike K)

CARTNUT
03-16-04, 12:38 PM
:shakehead

You people are are buying into the mass hysteria and it makes me sick!

I've been using this stuff for years! If you heat it up to about 100 degrees and force air through it, you can actually sit in it up to your neck for quite a while. I'd even go as far as saying it it's safe! Somewhat relaxing as well! ;)

'NUT :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
03-16-04, 12:56 PM
It's even worse in it's solid state. Here in New England we're in line to get buried in it tonight and tomorrow. Send help. Do it for the children. (Sorry Mike K)

Same here in Cleveland. I'm going to shovel it all into my neighbor's yard and let them deal with that poison!!

On a serious note though, I'm really getting aggravated at this weather. Its snowed 3 times in the past 2 weeks, which is when I took off my snow tires for the spring. :cry:

RacinM3
03-16-04, 01:59 PM
I'd even go as far as saying it it's safe! Somewhat relaxing as well!

HA! Try telling that to Natalie Wood! (OMG, a Natalie Wood reference on a racing forum....that's a first.)

IlliniRacer
03-16-04, 02:37 PM
During most races I run, there are sickos along the side of the course shoving cups full of it in your face. They claim its some sort of "performance enhancement." With the BALCO findings and the blood doping in the Tour de France, I'm going "au natural"

4wheeldrifter
03-18-04, 10:52 AM
Do all you people live on top of EPA Superfund sites or something? Holy cr@p people, get out of there now. You don't have any idea what the long-term effects of this stuff are.

B3RACER1a
03-18-04, 11:47 AM
Is that the stuff that killed all the snipes? I havent seen any of them either though, just wondering. :D

G.
03-18-04, 11:49 AM
Is that the stuff that killed all the snipes? I havent seen any of them either though, just wondering. :DWaddya mean? There's millions of them! We go hunting for them all summer long. If you are interested in our next snipe hunt, let me know! :laugh:

RichK
03-18-04, 02:30 PM
You midwesterners may have to worry about encountering it frozen, but RacinM3 and I have to deal with a large body of it mixed with sodium chloride. :eek:

JLMannin
03-18-04, 03:20 PM
I hear that there is not a body of water on this planet that is not liberally laced with this stuff. :mad: