PDA

View Full Version : Stepping back and analyzing...

Racing Truth
03-15-04, 04:13 PM
The rumors out there, while perhaps posessing some validity, are also out of control. Let's step back and really think this through.

We know AF is gone. To borrow from FCYTravis, "bad juju" indeed. But it need not be the death blow.

The next 72-96 hrs. are critical. If Rahal (ie, Gigante) bolts for good, then ChampCar is in serious trouble. If that is followed up by Hass/N-H bolting, along with Rusport, they are FINISHED.

OTOH, if these defections don't happen (or even if its just Rahal leaving), then they will MAKE IT. Period.

What will happen? I have no idea. And that's the point.

FRANKY
03-15-04, 04:33 PM
None of us knows what will happen.

There is still plenty of time, waiting on the outcome can drive you nuts. But I do think Rahal is gone, just a mind dumbing thing.

Rusport will hold out to the end, just strange that Honda has an engine for him, being from Atlantics I was sure Toyota would be clammering for the talented AJ.

Newman Haas will have a terrible divorce. Just feels that way.

As long as funded teams don't want to be left out in the cold there is still a chance. Once panic steps in, it's over.

JoeBob
03-15-04, 04:55 PM
The only thing that you always know is that you never know.

There's a handful of people who have found that FUD is the best strategery to deal with ChampCar, and indulging it only plays to their wishes.

Mike Kellner
03-15-04, 05:03 PM
"There's a handful of people who have found that FUD is the best strategery to deal with ChampCar, and indulging it only plays to their wishes."

Oh really? Who, and when did they find this out? The ChampCar series has only existed in its new version for about six weeks. What used to be CART, is now the IRL.

mk

Racing Truth
03-15-04, 06:47 PM
FWIW: PaddockTalk, as of yesterday, was confident that N-H wasn't going anywhere. I'm beginning to think Rahal is 50/50. Remember, it's not really his call, it's Gigante's.

But who the h=ll really knows.

SteveH
03-15-04, 06:51 PM
Mr. Kellner wrote: "What used to be CART, is now the IRL."

Sad but true. Except that the fans of CART will never be fans of the IRL.

fourrunner
03-15-04, 07:00 PM
The IRL isn't getting me as a Fan, I'd rather turn Gay, which is pretty much what I'd be if I switched anyway!!! :eek:

BTW - I thought there were not enough of these new 3.0 engines for the teams that they already have after Indy!

This whole thing is rediculouser, and rediculouser!

Wally
03-15-04, 07:08 PM
With so much uncertainty the wire is very quiet today......

Robstar
03-15-04, 07:17 PM
I'd rather turn Gay, which is pretty much what I'd be if I switched anyway!!! :eek:

Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

nz_climber
03-15-04, 07:31 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

:eek: just as long as you stay over that side the ditch rob ;)

pinniped
03-15-04, 07:52 PM
I'd really like to hear what BiF thinks about all of this

Insomniac
03-15-04, 08:41 PM
I'd really like to hear what BiF thinks about all of this

Read all about it at http://www.bigirlfan.com/bif/.