PDA

View Full Version : The return of American Spirit?

KLang
03-15-04, 04:10 PM
From Champweb:

Champ Car is expected to make several driver and team announcements in the very near future, and some will surprise. As it stands right now according to sources, if Team Rahal stays in Champ Car there are 18 cars on the grid.

One team that was presumed "finished" will actually come out of the gates with a 2-car effort, so stay tuned...

Anyone know what happened to ASTJ's equipment?

Wabbit
03-15-04, 04:24 PM
From Champweb:

Why do yoy think it is ASTJ? Could be Walker, Coyne, or Fittipaldi.

KLang
03-15-04, 04:31 PM

The wording Champweb used. Walker is another posibility. Coyne and Fittipaldi have been rumored all along, not 'presumed finished'.

MAXAR RE
03-15-04, 05:45 PM
My money is on Walker. He is selling his Reynards, but still has his shop and employees. Even Walker's add in Racer sways they are "cleaning out the shop" as though they are just making room for newer stuff. ASTJ closed up and liquidated months ago.

theunions
03-15-04, 05:59 PM
ASTJ closed up and liquidated months ago.

Herdez has also expanded their shop from next door into the ASTJ space.

Wheel-Nut
03-15-04, 06:12 PM
From Champweb:

I bought a couple of their hats that were on clearance!

Dr. Corkski
03-15-04, 06:28 PM
From Champweb:

Anyone know what happened to ASTJ's equipment?Weren't they really Forsythe's anyway?

Spicoli
03-15-04, 07:49 PM
LMAO - ASTJ?!Wrong.

Its walker. coyne will be there too, and emmo is looking better as KK's wallet gets open wider, and wider, and....;)

Seriously, you'll like it.

Insomniac
03-15-04, 08:38 PM

Coyne wouldn't use ASTJ equipment. He had 2 Lolas last year.

Wabbit
03-15-04, 09:09 PM
Coyne wouldn't use ASTJ equipment. He had 2 Lolas last year.

????

Where did the ASTJ equipment come from? :confused: I was just asking why it was ASTJ coming back?

Insomniac
03-15-04, 09:20 PM
????

Where did the ASTJ equipment come from? :confused: I was just asking why it was ASTJ coming back?

Sorry, it doesn't quote enough. The person before had asked about Reynards. I was saying if this mystery team had Reynards, it wouldn't be Coyne.

Spicoli
03-15-04, 10:34 PM
????

they were GF's old Reynards from 02. what was left of them was returned to GF. some sort of a cheap lease.

the shop equipment, most was from Gan*******'s 02 team,a nd some was from just about everywhere else.

Rocketsports bought most of the equip, but it ended up alot of places, like Rusport I believe.