PDA

View Full Version : Gentilozzi Out? Chins Up! Good News!

Jag_Warrior
03-14-04, 02:29 PM
OK, I lifted this post from MotorsportForum. I don't know this mystery man or how reliable his info is... but he is ballsy - I gotta give him that. He comes off like a real insider, but I've been caught by that act before. But for some reason, I believe him. Maybe I just never learn. :gomer:

By daracefan:

Although, I do not post to message boards regularly, I thought I would share a recap on some rumors. Dispel some, add some and bring it all into perspective as Monday approaches.

Rahal-Gone. Maybe as early as Monday. Not as big a hit as people think because Kevin has a trick or two up his sleeve. Michel and Gigante going with him.

RuSport-No problem here. Committed and not going anywhere.

Haas-This depends on Rahal for the MOST part. But this might be one of Kevin's tricks.

Paul Gentilozzi-This is the one that is not getting ANY play anywhere, but could blow up tomorrow. Who knows. Here it is-he is out. Not out of ChampCar, but out as part of the OWRS group. This weekend was spent behind closed doors trying to figure out how to do this cleanly. I think more will erupt on this in the next 24-48 hours.

The War-This is bigger than the bankruptcy mess. Penske, George and Co. have declared war. The goal-no Long Beach. I am surprised here too that this not getting more play. This is the battle royale that will decide the future, plain and simple. And in the IRL's eyes, this can not be decided by a judge. Just money. Tony, Penske and Honda are funding this battle. The goal, a few succesive "shock and awe" blows to create confusion and "excitement". End game-take 5 owner/car/team combinations within the next 10 days.

Car count- the quiet goal now is 16 at Long Beach.

Kevin-He is the LEADER of the OWRS group now. Should have been all along as an aside. Paul Gentilozzi is a non-factor as a result of wrangling that took place this weekend. This is now Kevin and Gerry's show. Oh, and Mario's too.

Did I say Mario? Yes. Mario Andretti is in "Effect" replacing Paul. Again, another good move. This will gain steam over the next 24-48 as well.

Odds-The perception within is that OWRS has an 80% chance of taking the flag at Long Beach even with defections from Haas or Rahal or both. How? It was touched on in other posts-$$$$. Yes, Kevin's money will come into play straight away. Again, the goal is 16 and it is very achievable with Kevin quietly making sure the teams can answer the bell. Privacy is a good thing in a mess like this.

Carp-He will be in a Forsythe seat. The initial goal was Rahal, but the Rahal decision is made. The good news though- he will take the flag at Long Beach.

Cancun-The IRL will be in the streets of Cancun in 05. Its done. This is temporary while a permanent course is constructed.

The OWRS approach-it is going to change dramatically over the next 24-48 hours. Better, HONEST, PR as a result of Kevin now calling the shots. The ability to eat a bit of crow and help us fill in the blanks will turn out to be the saving grace. The Paul G. days are over. Kevin and Gerry are calling the shots while relying on Mario to be the "ambassador".

The contracts-No promoter cares about 18. Plain and simple. If they get to 16, all will be forgiven. There is no concern over the contracts. Its the promoters call and they have made it.

The Saviour- Kevin. Plain and simple.

My credibility- NONE. I just ask that you read between the lines and report back about my accuracy by this time next week.

Thats about it.

The Good News- We are racing at LB. Paul has been quieted
The Bad News- None. Just read between the lines in all of this and its all silver.

Its a tough battle, but it was not unexpected.

Thank you.

racer2c
03-14-04, 02:38 PM
He had me until Cancun.

I'm leary about anyone who speaks about a 'trick; but doesn't expand on what the trick is.

Mario is no fool, if it is apparent that ChampCar is quickly going the way of the Dodo I seriously doubt his late involvement.

Sounds fishy.

KLang
03-14-04, 02:41 PM
He had me until Cancun.

I'm leary about anyone who speaks about a 'trick; but doesn't expand on what the trick is.

Mario is no fool, if it is apparent that ChampCar is quickly going the way of the Dodo I seriously doubt his late involvement.

Sounds fishy.

Where in the heck would a street race happen in Cancun? There is only one road through the island and I can't believe they would shut that down. A reeeaaalllly elongated oval? :gomer:

racer2c
03-14-04, 02:42 PM
Oh, and there wasn't one among us who didn't doubt that Tony would throw a tantrum after losing in court. I think the dirtiest of all moves are happening now and in the near future.

Speaking about KK. Isn't he new to this whole ChampCar world. Why does this person think he is the rightful owner? Simply because of his business savvy?

Winston Wolfe
03-14-04, 02:42 PM
What's this guy's record on previous predictions, or possibly some insider info that may have actually come to pass?
He's not another Mark C., who tends to throw EVERYTHING against the wall, which, invariably, has at least SOMETHING stick...
Anyone got some previous 411 on this "pragmatic prognosticator" ?

KLang
03-14-04, 02:47 PM
I saw in a thread over at CW that this guy is a new poster. Who knows.

I still think Gigante to the earl makes absolutly no sense from Gigante's point of view.

Jag_Warrior
03-14-04, 02:49 PM
As I said in my reply over there, time will tell.

He could be yellowcardude for all I know. He's only posted 5 times. I really have no idea who he is. But I don't think he's a reincarnation of any former posters over there. Not that people can't change M.O.'s, but I don't recognize his posting style.

racer2c
03-14-04, 02:54 PM
I saw in a thread over at CW that this guy is a new poster. Who knows.

I still think Gigante to the earl makes absolutly no sense from Gigante's point of view.

When they first came to ChampCar someone on the boards said that there were Gigante stores in CA.

jonovision_man
03-14-04, 03:02 PM
daracefan is Alex Yoong.

You heard it here first.

;)

jono

racer2c
03-14-04, 03:10 PM
How can PG being pushed out of OWRS, Rahal taking his car, driver and sponsor to the IRL good news?

A quick Google search showed nothing about Cancun and the IRL.

Brickman
03-14-04, 03:31 PM
When they first came to ChampCar someone on the boards said that there were Gigante stores in CA.

220 stores in Mexico, 5 stores in the U.S.

"U.S. Census data show that the Hispanic population more than doubled to 35.3 million between 1980 and 2000".

pinniped
03-14-04, 03:32 PM
Sounds like wild-ass speculation. When ChampWeb points out that it is dubious...

KLang
03-14-04, 03:35 PM
220 stores in Mexico, 5 stores in the U.S.

"U.S. Census data show that the Hispanic population more than doubled to 35.3 million between 1980 and 2000".

Unless they plan to open stores in the midwest this year it still makes no sense to me.

Also, aren't they the primary sponser of the Mexico City race?

Mike Kellner
03-14-04, 03:43 PM
"The War-This is bigger than the bankruptcy mess. Penske, George and Co. have declared war. The goal-no Long Beach. I am surprised here too that this not getting more play. This is the battle royale that will decide the future, plain and simple. And in the IRL's eyes, this can not be decided by a judge. Just money. Tony, Penske and Honda are funding this battle. The goal, a few succesive "shock and awe" blows to create confusion and "excitement". End game-take 5 owner/car/team combinations within the next 10 days."

If they want war, the ChampCar fans should give them one. If Long Beach gets killed by the IRL-C^RT Cabal, we need to gin up a letter writing campaign to their sponsors, telling them we are specifically boycotting the sponsors of Tony's crappy little series, because they are trying to kill off our series.

mk

PS It is interesting that the engine suppliers of IRL-C^RT didn't have enough engines available to keep the small Indiana shade tree teams the IRL was founded to save in the 500, but conquest teams from ChampCar, with foreign road racers nobody in Indiana ever heard of at the wheel can get free engine contracts, and auto company sponsorship deals.

Hmmmm, what part of the vision was that? I musta missed that tablet.

Brickman
03-14-04, 03:50 PM
Sounds like wild-ass speculation. When ChampWeb points out that it is dubious...

Some things I have heard, not that it means much.

Rahal Monday or Phoenix.

Rusport being flexible but Champ Car being the plan.. heard more but can't say.

Haas one foot in each camp. Newman... well we all know.

16 instead of 18 floats, although PG's don't worry be happy has defined some things.

I really think it's a wait and see...

Brickman
03-14-04, 04:01 PM
Unless they plan to open stores in the midwest this year it still makes no sense to me.

Also, aren't they the primary sponser of the Mexico City race?

Tecate Telmex were sponsors for Monterrey and we all know where they went with Adrian. I would expect them back.

Gigante and Telmex was in 2003 for Mexico City.

Both Mexican race websites are offline...

oddlycalm
03-14-04, 04:02 PM
One thing for sure, we won't have long to wait to find out how much of this is accurate. Nothing TG would do would surprise me at this point, and Penske is only about a notch behind TG on the aberrant behavior scale these days, which is a sad. TG was a nothing to begin with, but Penske had his day.

Regarding Gigante, if they could get in half a season of racing without having to lay out any money, it would make perfect sense. Money is money, particularly if they are convinced OWRS will be stillborn. Rahal has shown himself to be a complete goof in the past, so not much would surprise me from him.

I agree that the Cancun comment is odd, unless they are thinking of doing a parking lot race ala Las Vegas F1. I suspect it didn't translate well, or is simply a red herring.

The part about Gentilozzi rings truer with me. After seeing how Trans Am was run, I couldn't figure out why KK and Forsythe would sign up for that kind of action. Also, the often conflicting public statements by Paul made me think that things were unsettled behind the scenes.

oc

Insomniac
03-14-04, 05:24 PM
We'll see how this will all pan out soon enough according to him. I don't mind waiting. I'm already waiting until the LBGP or an official announcement to the otherwise is made.

cart7
03-14-04, 05:42 PM
Saw a post on the other :rolleyes: forum. Apparently the Charity division of the LBGP was taken over and the new group is calling on a police investigation into the former groups dealing and where all the money went.

Though the charity end of the whole LBGP is completely seperate and not associated with the race per se, I wonder if this wonderful revelation and it's timing wasn't somehow helped along by interested outside parties.

The whole thing is sad in that it appears money from different LB functions never made it to where they were supposed to go.

Interesting post though.

linkie (http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~21474~2014137,00.html)

Chitowncartfreak
03-14-04, 06:00 PM
Does anyone else see a "Newmann-Andretti" racing team coming out of the Haas defection? I do!

Racing Truth
03-14-04, 07:47 PM

:laugh: :laugh:

You know, we're debating a rumor from a newbie poster that originally started, I think on AR1. Wow, I'm sold. :rolleyes:

Dougrun
03-14-04, 07:51 PM
also, wouldn't this piss off long beach to any chance if the IRl ever getting in there? If LB lost a years worth of revenue from the IRl doing OWRS in, then I'd say F**** you to the irl the next year if they wanted to race there. Pony up 2 years worth of $$ and maybe.

Jag_Warrior
03-14-04, 08:05 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

You know, we're debating a rumor from a newbie poster that originally started, I think on AR1. Wow, I'm sold. :rolleyes:

I don't read AR1, but it's likely that it showed up there about 10 minutes after this guy posted. MotorsportForum provides a template to AR1 and other sites. None of Mark's loyal followers seemed to know anything about this. But again, I dunno. I'm the police chief from Miller's Crossing, remember? I know I don't know nuthin'. :gomer:

Hey, I'm not telling anyone that they should believe anything but that death is a 100% certainty. If this rumor offers some peace and solace in the possibility that CCWS may live another day and all is not bleak... I'll take it until it's proven wrong. What have I got to lose?

pinniped
03-14-04, 08:52 PM
If they want war, the ChampCar fans should give them one. If Long Beach gets killed by the IRL-C^RT Cabal, we need to gin up a letter writing campaign to their sponsors, telling them we are specifically boycotting the sponsors of Tony's crappy little series, because they are trying to kill off our series.

mk

Now that is a good idea

Insomniac
03-14-04, 09:38 PM
Newman-Andretti. Hehe. Too bad Mario can't get his son to stop chasing the Yen. If those guys in the IRL want one series so badly, why don't they defect over to OWRS. They were loyal to ChampCar at one point. Come on Mikey, CG and Penske. You can end it all in no time.

Gangrel
03-14-04, 10:15 PM
Where in the heck would a street race happen in Cancun? There is only one road through the island and I can't believe they would shut that down. A reeeaaalllly elongated oval? :gomer:

Not that I buy this story anyways, but that is Cozumel you are thinking of. Cancun is a city on the Yucatan, not an island.

jonovision_man
03-14-04, 10:39 PM
Not that I buy this story anyways, but that is Cozumel you are thinking of. Cancun is a city on the Yucatan, not an island.

Cancun's hotel district has one road through it, I think that's what he was thinking of.

jono

KLang
03-15-04, 12:19 AM
Cancun's hotel district has one road through it, I think that's what he was thinking of.

jono

Yep, the motel district is an island more or less. One road, divided, two lanes each direction. They couldn't shut it down as the motel workers depend on the buses to get to work.

racer2c
03-15-04, 10:03 AM
Yep, the motel district is an island more or less. One road, divided, two lanes each direction. They couldn't shut it down as the motel workers depend on the buses to get to work.

Crapwagon drag races!

Spicoli
03-15-04, 10:05 AM
As I said in my reply over there, time will tell.

He could be yellowcardude for all I know. He's only posted 5 times. I really have no idea who he is. But I don't think he's a reincarnation of any former posters over there. Not that people can't change M.O.'s, but I don't recognize his posting style.

Hahahahaaaa. He's not yellowcardude. :D

Anyway - i know who the poster is, and I think he's right on 90% of the stuff. I'm getting 2 completely different stories on Rahole.

First - the Gigante deal is a vendor deal and Gigante puts up VERY little money into it. The deal is done after this year anyway. The dood who put the deal tgether is gone from Rahole now, and Bubby has ZERO people out looking for replacement sponsorship as we speak. Bubby will just take the easy route: Finally take Clarke up on his offer to "creatively finance" an EARL season. Read Oreo's latest - Honda is giving out lots of money right now. If Bubby stays, its because KK opened up the checkbook.

PG being gone is a GOOD thing. KK will be in total control with Gerry's blessings.

Russo is supposedly being dangled the same Honda deal.

TG will stop at nothing. He wants Champ, you, me, this site, everything DEAD. He will not stop.

I hate him.

FRANKY
03-15-04, 12:37 PM
Hahahahaaaa. He's not yellowcardude. :D

Anyway - i know who the poster is, and I think he's right on 90% of the stuff. I'm getting 2 completely different stories on Rahole.

First - the Gigante deal is a vendor deal and Gigante puts up VERY little money into it. The deal is done after this year anyway. The dood who put the deal tgether is gone from Rahole now, and Bubby has ZERO people out looking for replacement sponsorship as we speak. Bubby will just take the easy route: Finally take Clarke up on his offer to "creatively finance" an EARL season. Read Oreo's latest - Honda is giving out lots of money right now. If Bubby stays, its because KK opened up the checkbook.

PG being gone is a GOOD thing. KK will be in total control with Gerry's blessings.

TG will stop at nothing. He wants Champ, you, me, this site, everything DEAD. He will not stop.

I hate him.

I like Paul and can identify with him, I think it would be a mistake to have him gone.

Insomniac
03-15-04, 08:23 PM

A.J. in a crapwagon. That's a quick way to ruin his career. The IRL is the ultimate level playing field. Bring as much talent as you want, you won't need it all.

Insomniac
03-15-04, 08:24 PM
I like Paul and can identify with him, I think it would be a mistake to have him gone.

I don't think he will be completely gone. He just won't be the main guy we all see telling us about ChampCar doing this and that.