PDA

View Full Version : Rahal

eric1
03-14-04, 12:32 AM
:cool: I've heard from a very very good source that Rahal will be fielding a car in CART this year.

Audi_A4
03-14-04, 12:55 AM
great! :thumbup:

Ziggy
03-14-04, 01:07 AM
I heard he lives in Ohio

Ziggy

Tall1
03-14-04, 01:53 AM
Do you mean Ray Hall? That follically challenged guy with a wide gap between his upper front teeth? I think he got out of CART and went to that new open wheel series.

DjDrOmusic
03-14-04, 02:06 AM
HMMMM I've heard from a very, very, very good source, and someone very close to Team Rahal that there is even a sponsor for a second car, a very big sponsor. Then again, I heard two years ago that he had two Audi's and three fistfuls of money from Shell to do ALMS and two cars in CWS with no thought of ever going EARLING. All I really do know is that I'm supposed to be at a dinner with Danica and Kenny Brack, along with some of the team members later this month, and I can assure you all the right questions will be asked.

Lizzerd
03-14-04, 02:45 AM
Please do tell their answers to your questions, Doc. I know you and I'm sure you won't be araid to ask them.

Racing Truth
03-14-04, 01:45 PM
:cool: I've heard from a very very good source that Rahal will be fielding a car in CART this year.

Sounds good. With that resolved, I think The Three Amigos can make 18 cars fairly easily now. Had the worst happened, it would have been uphill.

Brickman
03-14-04, 02:27 PM
What I heard was that if Rahal was going to make a move it would happen Monday or next weekend at Phoenix.

Of course it's about marketing, is Gigante (http://www.time.com/time/insidebiz/article/0,9171,1101030310-428051,00.html) in racing for the Mexican market or for the U.S. market, which one was the catalyst for going racing? The same thing could be said for Tecate.

We all know where Rahal wants to be and why, it's whether he can persuade his sponsors now.

Time will tell.

Insomniac
03-14-04, 05:18 PM
What I heard was that if Rahal was going to make a move it would happen Monday or next weekend at Phoenix.

Of course it's about marketing, is Gigante (http://www.time.com/time/insidebiz/article/0,9171,1101030310-428051,00.html) in racing for the Mexican market or for the U.S. market, which one was the catalyst for going racing? The same thing could be said for Tecate.

We all know where Rahal wants to be and why, it's whether he can persuade his sponsors now.

Time will tell.

Didn't Gigante have signs up around the LBGP last year? I think Bobby would have to convince them OWRS isn't happening. And as much as he's trying, I hope Jourdain is doing the opposite.

Is Danica still running TA? How long before Bobby takes her roundy-round racing?

cart7
03-14-04, 08:57 PM
Didn't Gigante have signs up around the LBGP last year? I think Bobby would have to convince them OWRS isn't happening. And as much as he's trying, I hope Jourdain is doing the opposite.

Is Danica still running TA? How long before Bobby takes her roundy-round racing?

I think that (NO CCWS series in 04) would probably be the "concerns" that Gigante is having. I'm wondering if it didn't have something to do with the low car count on the team roll out. I don't go for that Fernandez leading the direction biz. Herdez is solid now in CCWS with 2. I can't see why Mexicans would give 2 hoots beyond watching AF run a couple ovals when they've got 2 of the biggest venues on the CCWS schedule in-country. I believe I read where Gigante has but 4 stores total in the US. A pretty non-existant ROI to expend money on MJ in an earl ride if you ask me.

Jag_Warrior
03-14-04, 09:17 PM
Do you mean Ray Hall? That follically challenged guy with a wide gap between his upper front teeth? I think he got out of CART and went to that new open wheel series.

Yeah, that's the guy. Same one Niki Lauda b!tch slapped outta F1... before he himself got b!tch slapped outta F1. Same one who made that dumb@ss deal at TMS. Same one who was talking prototype sports car deals and we're still waiting. Same one Danica Patrick has under her thumb: buy me something and I'll let you touch my hair. :rofl:

Sad, isn't it? These guys don't seem capable of GETTING anything. All they can do is take what comes their way. :shakehead

Apparently MarkC says there's a chance that he'll stay in CCWS. That probably means he's gone like the wind.

Insomniac
03-14-04, 09:41 PM
I think that (NO CCWS series in 04) would probably be the "concerns" that Gigante is having. I'm wondering if it didn't have something to do with the low car count on the team roll out. I don't go for that Fernandez leading the direction biz. Herdez is solid now in CCWS with 2. I can't see why Mexicans would give 2 hoots beyond watching AF run a couple ovals when they've got 2 of the biggest venues on the CCWS schedule in-country. I believe I read where Gigante has but 4 stores total in the US. A pretty non-existant ROI to expend money on MJ in an earl ride if you ask me.

Even if that's a concern, I don't see why they can't wait for it to be official. They can jump in more than enough time for Indy (isn't that what it is all about?) if that is the case.