http://www.cart.com/Drivers/Driver.asp?ID=303

Steve

lone_groover
01-30-03, 01:50 PM
Gonzalez WAS a bum. Manning is a real talent; ROY material. NET GAIN! :thumbup:

devilmaster
01-30-03, 01:55 PM
:laugh: :rofl:

CART.com has removed the links for the moment. Guess we weren't supposed to see that yet. ;)

Steve

nrc
01-30-03, 01:55 PM
Hmm. The pages I'm getting don't say anything about Manning. Did someone jump the gun again?

devilmaster
01-30-03, 02:01 PM
I guess someone at Cart did, Rich. :D

I gotta save these pages next time.

Steve

rabbit
01-30-03, 02:17 PM
Steve, why do I get the feeling you're making some webmaster's life miserable today?:laugh:

devilmaster
01-30-03, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Steve, why do I get the feeling you're making some webmaster's life miserable today?:laugh:

Well, if he/she reads this, I apologise. But on a lighter note, it helps my post count... See, I'm a big time veteran now! LOL:rofl:

Steve

devilmaster
01-30-03, 02:26 PM
Thanks to railpax over at CW..... Ananova also has it.

Manning unveiled by Walker Racing

Briton Darren Manning has been officially unveiled as Walker Racing's first driver for the 2003 CART season.

Manning impressed in his one appearance in a Champ Car, finishing ninth at the 2002 Rockingham 500.

He replaces Roberto Gonzalez, whose deal with the team fell through last week.

The team will run a second car, and will announce its driver on February 4.

Manning said: "It's going to be great to have the opportunity to do a full season, especially with a team like Walker.

"I got a little taste of it last year and ever since then I've really wanted to get in the seat for a full season. I'm really looking forward to it."

Team boss Derrick Walker believes he has signed a quality driver in Manning.

He said: "Darren has demonstrated his ability on many occasions during his career but we were extremely impressed with how easily he adapted to the ChampCars last season at Rockingham.

"We are very pleased to have him as part of our team and look forward to an exciting season in 2003."

Story filed: 17:36 Thursday 30th January 2003

Steve

JoeBob
01-30-03, 03:58 PM
The stories are back!

Lavin and Manning are both official at Walker!

patm
01-30-03, 05:05 PM
This guy seemed really jazzed racing in England last year. Glad to see him get a ride. Perhaps interest will jump some for the Brands Hatch race this year with a Brit in the series.

patm

SteveH
01-30-03, 05:29 PM
Based on what he showed at Rockingham in a team thrown together for a one off only deal, I thought he did superb. I'm very interested to see how he will do running the entire year with testing and of course on non-oval courses.

ROY will be quite interesting this year. No doubt, some very strong rookies.

Hot Rod Otis
01-30-03, 06:10 PM
Good news:thumbup: This guy has talent. Adds more depth to a pretty good rookie class in '03. To bad he's driving for Walker though. Although having Lavin as a teammate is garunteed to make him look even better.

DaveL
01-30-03, 06:37 PM
Add me to choir singing his praises. Manning did a great job in a one-off and showed genuine enthusiasm for CART.

If Lavin is his team mate, the last thing Manning will have to worry about is being upstaged.

RTKar
01-30-03, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Add me to choir singing his praises. Manning did a great job in a one-off and showed genuine enthusiasm for CART.

If Lavin is his team mate, the last thing Manning will have to worry about is being upstaged.

Agreed, Manning did a wonderful job in his one-off, considering it was not only a one-off but on an oval with a patchwork team. This should bring some UK focus back to CART and it wouldn't suprise me if he won a race or two either.

lone_groover
01-30-03, 07:44 PM
NOTE: I'm NOT now, and have never been an MTV's REAL WORLD viewer. BUT, as a lifelong TV addict, I remember stuff....

Darren Manning was the Archangel Kid's racing teammate during the season when they were in Limey Land. You'd occasionally catch glimpses of a very young Manning during race-day segmentz....as I recall.

JSR
01-30-03, 11:21 PM
I think Manning is a good choice. He was quite impressive last year. This is definately IMO a positive addition to CART.