PDA

View Full Version : Hey, could we get a separate Gloom and Doom forum?

Mike Kellner
03-13-04, 03:12 AM
Maybe we could call it something snappy, like TrackForum, or WilkieWorld.

This place is depressing. It's like I'm havin a deja vu all over again.

mk

RaceGrrl
03-13-04, 10:23 AM
The news this week hasn't been the best, but I've not been reading all of the threads because I've found them too depressing. Call me an ostrich.

pchall
03-13-04, 10:29 AM
The news this week hasn't been the best, but I've not been reading all of the threads because I've found them too depressing. Call me an ostrich.

Nah... just smart troll avoidance technique! :)

racer2c
03-13-04, 11:03 AM
I get so upset about events such as the AF fiasco that I am very guilty of a bit of 'the sky is falling' drama. But it's all about getting to LB to me.

If one mid-pack team jumping ship destroys brings the series to an end...something else is wrong.

jonovision_man
03-13-04, 12:15 PM
I get so upset about events such as the AF fiasco that I am very guilty of a bit of 'the sky is falling' drama. But it's all about getting to LB to me.

If one mid-pack team jumping ship destroys brings the series to an end...something else is wrong.

That's just it... reading AF's comments and then Rahal's response it's hard to be optimistic right now.

Maybe next week things will look better and we can all look forward to the season! :) I certainly hope so.

jono

Brickman
03-13-04, 12:20 PM
"These guys shouldn't be fielding paying drivers. If they believe that much in the series they should be putting up the money and fielding cars out of their own pockets.''

Kudos Tracy :thumbup:

KLang
03-13-04, 12:22 PM
"These guys shouldn't be fielding paying drivers. If they believe that much in the series they should be putting up the money and fielding cars out of their own pockets.''

Kudos Tracy :thumbup:

Kinda silly thing to say IMO. Seems to me they likely ARE spending a bunch of their own money. Who is buying that TV time on Spike? Where is the prize money coming from? etc....

Brickman
03-13-04, 12:27 PM
:o Oops wrong thread.

cart7
03-13-04, 12:31 PM
It didn't help when I opened up the STL Post-Dispatch this morning and the racing section had nothing on CCWS but this on the earl:

Rahal may follow Fernandez to the irl. :rolleyes: :flame:

stroker
03-13-04, 01:45 PM
that's what you get for wasting money on that fishwrap, 7. :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
03-13-04, 07:44 PM
I figured things were set for the season and then I saw this news last night. After I muttered "that piece of $#!t" a few times, I remembered that the whole point of watching racing was to feel better for a bit. If the 3D world hasn't drug me under this year, news of this creep selling out shouldn't raise my blood pressure.

ferrarigod
03-13-04, 08:45 PM
I've been completly avoiding postings just because I had been upset, and got tired of reading things also. FAF was a shocker, but I think life will continue

Racewriter
03-13-04, 11:34 PM
Mike Kellner, scourge of SpeedNet, running for the moderator's skirts?

Now I've seen everything.

dando
03-14-04, 12:49 AM

:rofl:

MK, I guess you'd have enjoy posting and reading your own posts in your one-sided universe.... :shakehead

-Kevin

Ziggy
03-14-04, 01:05 AM
Im going out on a limb here and saying Mike is being sarcastic. I think many long time posters who came to OffCamber to "hang out" are leary of it becoming much like several other sites where we once called home.

This forum is pro CART/OWRS, pro roadracing. The events of the past week caused many to hit the panic button. While reality is just what it is, reality. It is also worth mentioning that the point counter point has been beat to death. Most all here know money funded the sport to its great heights, and it will ultimatly cause its demise.

Openwheel racing is playing in front of a drastically shrinking audience. Only the avid passionate fans remain. The crazy's post on message boards!

Mike is not running for anyone's skirt. If you would like to take him on in some form of debate, I have one word of advice.

Pack a Lunch

Ziggy

pinniped
03-14-04, 01:13 AM
And yet, this is the most depressing of all threads...

JoeBob
03-14-04, 01:23 AM
To the gloom and doomers, I say this: You need to retake Judge Otte's class on counting chickens before they're hatched.

Mike Kellner
03-14-04, 01:34 AM

MK, I guess you'd have enjoy posting and reading your own posts in your one-sided universe....

---------------

I swear, I have to put a sarcastic humor alert on this type of post for the mentally impaired. You two dolts need to join the Scarecrow on his quest.

mk

Brickman
03-14-04, 01:58 AM
Im going out on a limb here and saying Mike is being sarcastic. I think many long time posters who came to OffCamber to "hang out" are leary of it becoming much like several other sites where we once called home.

This forum is pro CART/OWRS, pro roadracing. The events of the past week caused many to hit the panic button. While reality is just what it is, reality. It is also worth mentioning that the point counter point has been beat to death. Most all here know money funded the sport to its great heights, and it will ultimatly cause its demise.

Openwheel racing is playing in front of a drastically shrinking audience. Only the avid passionate fans remain. The crazy's post on message boards!

Mike is not running for anyone's skirt. If you would like to take him on in some form of debate, I have one word of advice.

Pack a Lunch

Ziggy

I agree. Once the racing starts the only "point counter point" will be what's on the track. There really isn't much debate left anymore, everyone is in agreement about who, what, and why. I don't think packing a lunch is needed, it's about brigades and lists. So is life...

Of course Mike was being sarcastic, if someone quoted all the D&G here it would take up very little bandwidth, coming from stalwart fans, or the 2003 Champ Car Champion.

36 days to green.

Ankf00
03-14-04, 04:18 AM
hrm, that was some good alkeehawl.

pinniped
03-14-04, 04:25 AM
it's really funny...

tongiht was a fufckinhg BLAST...

and then realit hit mne, but wahtever, that's my porblem, not yours...

LIFE WILL EXIT BEYOND TOMORROW, JUST OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell if you're drunk and by typing "life will exit" you are telling us it is the end of the world, or, if you're drunk and telling us it isn't the end of the world, but making a typo...if it is the former let me know then I'll skip my car payment

Ankf00
03-14-04, 10:11 AM
very very good alkeehawl

nrc
03-14-04, 10:40 AM
Wickerbill in a skirt? Now there's an image I could have done without. :eek:

pchall
03-14-04, 01:13 PM

I agree. Mike just doesn't want this place turning "7squeamish" on us.

RTKar
03-14-04, 01:50 PM
Hey, could we get a separate Gloom and Doom forum?

So we can talk politics? ;)

Mike Kellner
03-14-04, 02:00 PM
"Wickerbill in a skirt? Now there's an image I could have done without."

I was going to make some snarky comment on that, but since Racewriter and dando were too slow on the uptake to get the first round of humor, I didn't want them to overtax themselves.

I am now thinking what we really need is a small words, typed slowly forum.

mk

Ankf00
03-14-04, 02:21 PM
sorry for the public drunkenness guys

Insomniac
03-14-04, 05:15 PM
They just need to keep the trolls out. You're going to see gloom when there is bad news. And since they are so close to making/not-making it, doom is a very unfortunate, but real possibility. :(